1mtx1

si mag claw d-2

any one ever use a 12insh si mag claw? i have one that is a v1 with a v3 soft part recone. it has not seen power. i have a box allmostrdone. its 2 cubic feet net tune to 32 Hz. i have a audioque 1200d.

s hity sealed box keeping my sub safe.lol

015-1.jpg

Edited by 1mtx1

Good sub. Is there anything specific you want to know about it? That setup should be pretty good.

Good sub. Is there anything specific you want to know about it? That setup should be pretty good.

u think it will move some air in a 03 tiburon gt hatchback? i had a fi 15inch ssd, i all so had a 12inch l7, audioque 15inch 2.5 and 3 12s sealed. with the aq 1200d if i put my lights on and set the gains and if im geting bad volt drops would that b a good way to set the gain. i dont wana f the sub up. i have a extra batt.

Edited by 1mtx1

no, read the sticky about setting gains.

bad voltage drops will f the amp though

Ha HA! Not as pretty as mine and the inferior motor!

gallery_156_206_62590.jpg

Great perfomer though. Those TC9s really came to life with the V3 soft parts.

if i see low voltage with my lights on im going to back off on the gain. i allways set it with the lights off. when i turn the lights on the voltage drops. so pretty much u guys think i should set the gain with my lights on

my car

IMG_0252.jpg

Edited by 1mtx1

the dmm way is ass, , what if i want 900rms. thats 30.0 but if im geting voltage drops u will f things up. u need 2 dmm's one on the speakers and one on the + and - of the amp.

Edited by 1mtx1

the dmm way is ass, , what if i want 900rms. thats 30.0 but if im geting voltage drops u will f things up. u need 2 dmm's one on the speakers and one on the + and - of the amp.

Do you drive around with your lights on all day, no (your gonna have voltage drops regardless man). Set the gain with a DMM or O-scope, the only proper way to do it unless you do it by ear which alot of people dont have that acquired technique. Yes voltage drops will fuck up and amp if you are dropping to low, by a voltmeter and place it somewhere is seeing distance so you can always check your voltage while riding around and bumping (never let the voltage get as low as 12volts, some say as low as 12.5volts just to be on the safe side).

If your lights are dimming still after this is done and your voltage is dipping a little then do the Big 3 Wiring(search around if you dont konw what it is, there are plenty of topics with it around this forum and internet). If its still a problem then look into getting a high output alternator or extra battery.

Dude, forget about the lights. That has absolutely nothing to do with setting the gain.

Listen for the sub stressing when you set the gain. Then you need to back it off a little.

If you want to use the meter, set if for 500 watts. You won't be able to hear the difference between it and 900 anyways and this way you know you have some room to breathe.

I had a claw ported to 34hz in a 2.3 cube enclosure. Quite the output with good sound. I am voting on DMM/o-scope as well for setting gains.

ok i got everything goin good, i get a some drops here and there but all is good. for those that said i should do the big 3, i know what that is i upgraded my grounds with 1/0 and that helped alot. i really like the mag and im very happy to have this sub. so many people have audioque ,fi sundown, mtx, kicker etc but i get to have a sub not many have. i had a friend of mine check out my set up today and said it moves more air then my 15inch ssd, 3 12s pretty much any setup in the past 6 months in my new car. im gona buy a truck soon im waitin on my back disabilty money . i might do a 4 15s tune low.