Sign in to follow this  

just wondering what rca cables people recommend when it comes to price and performance?

to answer this question what amp are you planning on using? for example for sundown amps you have to buy cheap rca's or you have issues!

i'm actually using a sundown 3000d

what do you mean it will create issues?

just wondering what rca cables people recommend when it comes to price and performance?

I got a 20' Knu Koncetpz Krystal Kable on ebay for 20 bucks. Works great for me so far.

i am saying if you buy the high end RCA's they TEND to have some issues with the amp! so do what jacob recommends and just buy the cheap stuff! like what liljestrand recommened!

I'll look into those. Do you recommend any speaker/power wire?

if you go with ebay you can get some knu in whatever guage you want. Plus they combine shipping.

Oh on the rca's they dont say krystal kable in the title. Usually have smoke in the title.

Edited by liljestrand

sure do! which speaker do you plan to power? if using a 15inch go with 10gauge speaker wire if using a 12 go with 12gauge wire! but then again it all depends on the sub and the amount of power you are tossing though those wires!

remember each gauge wire can only support a certian amount of current!

here is there site

http://www.knukonceptz.com/index.cfm

and here are the rca

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productMaster.cfm?category=RCA%20Cables

he is using krystal and i am using karma and you can get away with using that other cheap stuff

and here is some speaker wire! just do it on there site dont' worry about ebay

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productMaster.cfm?category=Speaker%20Wire

i was using the karma wire for my speakers and kasa for my sub!

and if you let us know what sub and how much power you are going to give it we can recommend a gauge of wire to use!

Edited by CrazyKenKid

sure do! which speaker do you plan to power? if using a 15inch go with 10gauge speaker wire if using a 12 go with 12gauge wire! but then again it all depends on the sub and the amount of power you are tossing though those wires!

remember each gauge wire can only support a certian amount of current!

The size of the sub has nothing to do with the size of speaker wire you use, you can use 8 gauge to 14 or 16 guage (its a personal preference, I try to use 13 gauge or lower for my subwoofers).

I just go to Autozone and buy there cheap rcas, they are all cheaper than $10.00 and work perfectly with my Sundown amps.

x3 on the knu rca's.I'm running a sundown 3000d and have ZERO issues. I'm running it currently at 2 ohms with 12g speaker wire never hurts to have oversized wire, plus when i swap outthe subs I know i'm covered for wattage through the wire

to answer this question what amp are you planning on using? for example for sundown amps you have to buy cheap rca's or you have issues!

i've heard that, but i've used several brands (including stinger) and havent had any issues with any. just saying :). i'm currently using some i made myself ftw :D

and i use 8 gauge for my speaker wire. cuz all the cool kids are doin it! and cuz i had it sittin around