Sign in to follow this  
Ndnkobra

First system! (Ghetto...)

Hey guys, long time since i've actually posted on here. I've recieved my 2 12' FI Q's a few months ago, and i have to say, great subs. Beastly handling, but what i'm about to show you is kind of pathetic. I took my first video of these subs, and i have to say it isn't the best, but it gets the general idea of what i need to work and improve on. First i'd like to say that i'm only 16 and i had minimal help in installing this system. Therefore i didnt have any money to invest in a deck or any half decent equipment :P, what can you do when you don't have money? So here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaACs2NjaEA

Its not really a video to show off, but i'm seeing it as more of a review for a critique. I was going to post this in the Fi forum, but i didnt want to become the laughing stock in there for showing that kind of :P, You can already see that there ar a couple of hate comments under there.Now if you guys can stick through that and watch that crappy video that i posted, you notice that everything in there is stock and that the plastic paneling is rattling like crazy. Any helpful ideas? I'm more interested in finding out how to get that plastic panel to stop hitting against the back windshield, because thats what creates the shitty noise. I was thinking of trying some sound deadening under the panel, then using some silicon adhesive to seal the panel down. If anyone has any input on how to make this system any better, i'd be glad to hear some responses. Thanks!

Hey guys, long time since i've actually posted on here. I've recieved my 2 12' FI Q's a few months ago, and i have to say, great subs. Beastly handling, but what i'm about to show you is kind of pathetic. I took my first video of these subs, and i have to say it isn't the best, but it gets the general idea of what i need to work and improve on. First i'd like to say that i'm only 16 and i had minimal help in installing this system. Therefore i didnt have any money to invest in a deck or any half decent equipment :P, what can you do when you don't have money? So here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaACs2NjaEA

Its not really a video to show off, but i'm seeing it as more of a review for a critique. I was going to post this in the Fi forum, but i didnt want to become the laughing stock in there for showing that kind of :P, You can already see that there ar a couple of hate comments under there.Now if you guys can stick through that and watch that crappy video that i posted, you notice that everything in there is stock and that the plastic paneling is rattling like crazy. Any helpful ideas? I'm more interested in finding out how to get that plastic panel to stop hitting against the back windshield, because thats what creates the shitty noise. I was thinking of trying some sound deadening under the panel, then using some silicon adhesive to seal the panel down. If anyone has any input on how to make this system any better, i'd be glad to hear some responses. Thanks!

The first step to making this system better is building the proper enclosure for them, I would try a few things like trying to tie down the panel to rear deck or something along those lines to keep it from jumping. Nothing major just some minor things can be fixed from the info you gave us and the small footage you showed, for you to be 16 its not bad at all ( I know people double your age who still do shitty jobs) :drink40: .

fold the rear seats down when you can, get some airflow through there. help me when i had my sub in a trunk.

not a bad car for 16 either... I drove a 72 superbeetle at 16, then upgraded to a 78 280 at 17! so youre doing good as far as that goes. until you figure something permanent, fold a small kitchen towel lengthwise and make it narrow and stuff it inbetween the window and trim.

also, build a nice ported box for those subs.

if you are able to squeeze some down there, try some weather stripping. it's spongy so it can fit in tight spots. get that between the panels and the window and that should help stop the rattle. it's sticky on one side, so i'd probably try to push it in first so it doesnt stick on anything else, then start at one side and peel the paper off and let it stick

Not bad at all. You have to start somewhere for sure. Those of us older guys can tell you in the 80's having 2 6x9's, a cassette stereo and a jensen 5 band power booster/eq was rockin, so you are light years ahead of us .LOL