chainsaw

Chainsaw's Camry(a work in progress)

So I'm gonna make one anyway, so why not start now.

The current equipment:

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X692

Pioneer 3 way 6x9's(4)(1 in each front door and 2 in the rear deck)

Bazooka EL500.1

Crappy Scoshe wiring for sub amp

2 MTX RoadThunder 12's(sealed pre-fab box)

Excluding the Headunit, everything is not as good as I want.

I have 3 shipping boxes in my trunk right now that contain:

TEAC 2x100 amp(bought for $15 from Spy. Thanks dude)

Phoenix Gold RSD6CS 6" Components

KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks 4 Gauge 4 Amplifier Installation Kit

I hope to make the speaker adapter(for the 6" to fit in the door) and install the comps pretty soon. I'm also removing rear fill.

After that, its time for the HU:

Kenwood DNX-6140 (its $779.99 with shipping, and I've got about $650 in savings)(one more paycheck*fingers crossed)

From there I start the slow process of saving for my final stage:

a good quality 15" sub(maybe ICON)

a 1500 watt or more mono amp

good wiring for sub amp

Big 3

Edited by Chainsaw

Man it sounds like you are going about this right, good luck and cant wait for this build to get off the ground :popcorn: .

Man it sounds like you are going about this right, good luck and cant wait for this build to get off the ground :popcorn: .

Thanks dude.

i like it...... how long will you guess it will be before the new amp and sub?

after you get that front stage put together, you will be wanting them lows bad!!!

i wonder if you threw together a little bit more effecient enclosure together, if that might help the lows a little more, and give you a little build practice.

looking good, keep it up,

chop

:bull: < me saving $700 bucks in the next year even, lmao...........that is a good habit to get into. :drink40:

Edited by porkchop

after you get that front stage put together, you will be wanting them lows bad!!!

i wonder if you threw together a little bit more effecient enclosure together, if that might help the lows a little more, and give you a little build practice.

chop

:bull: < me saving $700 bucks in the next year even, lmao...........that is a good habit to get into. :drink40:

it depends. Hopefully by Christmas I can put a big DONE stamp on this baby for good. The MTX's are not that bad, plus removing the rear fill will open 2 spots that will allow the bass to flow into the cabin a little better. I know nothing of building boxes. I am trying to spend as efficiently as possible., though. It seems like a lot of people on here are impatient and will go out and buy some $500 subs because they can't wait for their $1000 subs to get here quick enough. Then a month later, they buy the $1000 ones. Even if you sell em, you don't get all your money back, and the impatience cost you $200 or more extra then just waiting. I have had the same setup (excluding my current HU; borrowing that from a friend) since 2006. I will probably end up keeping this for a while.

After these upgrades, I'm not throwing anymore money at the Camry. It is my daily driver, and I'm gonna start saving to build a drag car. Not db drag, either. The speed kind. 240sx with a Chevy LS1 and sixth speed tranny :ehh:

PS.

I appreciate your encouragement :drink40: .

chop

it depends. Hopefully by Christmas I can put a big DONE stamp on this baby for good. The MTX's are not that bad, plus removing the rear fill will open 2 spots that will allow the bass to flow into the cabin a little better. I know nothing of building boxes. I am trying to spend as efficiently as possible., though. It seems like a lot of people on here are impatient and will go out and buy some $500 subs because they can't wait for their $1000 subs to get here quick enough. Then a month later, they buy the $1000 ones. Even if you sell em, you don't get all your money back, and the impatience cost you $200 or more extra then just waiting. I have had the same setup (excluding my current HU; borrowing that from a friend) since 2006. I will probably end up keeping this next evolution for a while.

After these upgrades, I'm not throwing anymore money at the Camry. It is my daily driver, and I'm gonna start saving to build a drag car. Not db drag, either. The speed kind. 240sx with a Chevy LS1 and sixth speed tranny :ehh:

PS.

I appreciate your encouragement :drink40: .

Edited by Chainsaw

sorry about the double post guys. silly keyboard

I agree with porkchop, you would be better of with a custom made box (if you can find someone locally to make you a box it can be done for under $50-100, dont go to a stereo shop). Just my .02

Honestly someone on here or me can help you design and give you step by step info to do it and you could build your own for under $50, just a thought.

I agree with porkchop, you would be better of with a custom made box (if you can find someone locally to make you a box it can be done for under $50-100, dont go to a stereo shop). Just my .02

Honestly someone on here or me can help you design and give you step by step info to do it and you could build your own for under $50, just a thought.

[/quote

not really worried about making the MTX's sound better. I will go with a nice custom box when i get my 15 though. Probably Audible Customs. I might even sell the 12's and amp and ride bass-less for a while in order to get closer to to my monetary goal.

update: Got the adapters cut for the 6". My grandpa had an old wood panel and his neighbor cut it out with a scroll saw. I pulled my door panel off for the measurements and to test fit the woofer for the comps. I accidentally disconnected the cord for the inside handle. I didn't notice until my grandma tried to open my passenger door from the inside. No big I'll just pull the panel back off and reconnect it. It still works from the outside.

I'm gonna get some pics of the equipment up soon. My sister has my camera.

Edited by Chainsaw

so I caught a good deal on a JVC-KW NX 7000. So that is on the way to my door. Bye-bye dnx-6140 :(. It doesn't have bluetooth, but the screen looks cool.

update: got the HU in. Its sexy. Amp wired up. Putting the comps in tonight.

Pictures or lies.

Pictures or lies.

My computer is in an endless cycle of crashing itself. I'm at a friends house, so I might try and get some pics with his digital camera. if not, I've got a few crappy cell pics on my phone. I'm gonna get some pics up soon.

We attempted to wire up speakers on Sunday, but ran outta time because he had to go to a party that night.

hey crappy cell pics make THE world go around, let's get em up here, lol.

:NeedPics::ttiwwop::stfu: LOL!!

noted. I promise I will get some pics soon

Hey guys. I know its been a while,but I've got some updates.

-after almost a year of the components sitting in my closet( I bought them with my second paycheck from work, and August 26 will be my one year anniversary there) my comps are installed thanks to MST in Prairiville, LA.

-I sold the MTX's and the Bazooka amp and used the money to buy a PS3(for my house not in the car)

- I got a new computer for christmas, which means I should be able to finally post pics.

- I got a new girlfriend who has a working digital camera and could take the pics(the cord for the charger is curiously missing on mine)

- I am buying dvalue's DD2510 sub and JBL GTO7001 amp, as well as his ported box and optima yellow top within the week. We might install it on Saturday.

I know its been a while and I never post pics, but I'm glad to be back.

I.ve been sitting here since November waiting on pics of this install :popcorn: LOL! Tuned in to see what ya got, Bring on the pics. Tell the new girlfriend "Thanks!"

Good luck and lets get this thing going :fing34:

DSCF7025.jpg

DSCF7024.jpg

Hey guys. I know its been a while,but I've got some updates.

-after almost a year of the components sitting in my closet( I bought them with my second paycheck from work, and August 26 will be my one year anniversary there) my comps are installed thanks to MST in Prairiville, LA.

-I sold the MTX's and the Bazooka amp and used the money to buy a PS3(for my house not in the car)

- I got a new computer for christmas, which means I should be able to finally post pics.

- I got a new girlfriend who has a working digital camera and could take the pics(the cord for the charger is curiously missing on mine)

- I am buying dvalue's DD2510 sub and JBL GTO7001 amp, as well as his ported box and optima yellow top within the week. We might install it on Saturday.

I know its been a while and I never post pics, but I'm glad to be back.

Sweet!! Finally.

in a little while, I'm heading to Dvalue's house to put the bump in my trunk. I'm gonna try and get pics