abmoore

Zapco vs. Arc vs. Zuki vs. US Amps

I am looking into buying a new 4 channel and have been looking into a couple models: the Zapco c2k 2.5x, c2k 4.0x, and dc1000.4, the Arc Audio SE 4200, the Zuki 4 channel Eleets, and the US Amps AX-TU3604C. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Also, I am planning to have one set of channels run my highs, the other my mids. The car is a 2004 tahoe with a 300 amp alternator, 2 bats, 0 awg, 10 farad RF cap, and will eventually have a US Amps AX3200de with 4 12 IDMAXs, ICONs, or Qs in a ported enclosure. The source is an Alpine IVA-W505, may switch with my 800prs and go active. And sorry the components are undecided but they will be soon, just need an amp with enough clean power. I also tend to listen to rock, typically harder rock, rap, blues, techno, and trance.

Thanks.

do you plan on going to a SQ show? or is this going to be a daily driver?

and have you looked in to sundown yet?

Edited by CrazyKenKid

It will be a daily driver. SQ is never a bad thing though but I do really enjoy loud.

It will be a daily driver. SQ is never a bad thing though but I do really enjoy loud.

glad to hear that! also what is your buget?

I don't have a set budget but I like getting a good deal for my money, yet good quality and something I would be able to enjoy for a while.

I have not looked into sundown but I wasn't sure if that was quite what I was after. I was under the impression it was meant to get more loud than more quality. Although I have learned I'm wrong about 90 percent of the time so... How does it compare?

well check out this guys post

and this guys post

http://www.canadiancaraudio.com/online/general-sq/182827-fit-build-attempt-two.html

the secodn guy isn't done yet but he is goign all sundown and thinks it is a good idea! lol!! ;)

and if you need a pair of SQ components i have a set up for grabs!

Edited by CrazyKenKid

I don't have a set budget but I like getting a good deal for my money, yet good quality and something I would be able to enjoy for a while.

I have not looked into sundown but I wasn't sure if that was quite what I was after. I was under the impression it was meant to get more loud than more quality. Although I have learned I'm wrong about 90 percent of the time so... How does it compare?

Well than your wrong again, go ahead an increase that percentage. Awesome quality and puts out enourmous power.

Well than your wrong again, go ahead an increase that percentage. Awesome quality and puts out enourmous power.

HA Thanks. Tip of the hat to you.

What is their power output, I'm guessing underrated like the mono amps?

Yeah they are underrated, if you got questions (look up there amplifiers) and contact jacob at sundownz@sundownaudio.com for more info but yeah they are great amps.

I will have to contact him, I always read about the mono amps, guess for some reason I skipped over the stereo amps.

Anyone have any experience with the other amps and what they are like. The Zuki interested me with the whole 4 x 5 watt rating at .00005 THD, curious to see the power at .05 to .1 percent.

I currently have the Arc Audio FD 4150 and have been pleased, are any of these much better?

I will have to contact him, I always read about the mono amps, guess for some reason I skipped over the stereo amps.

Anyone have any experience with the other amps and what they are like. The Zuki interested me with the whole 4 x 5 watt rating at .00005 THD, curious to see the power at .05 to .1 percent.

I currently have the Arc Audio FD 4150 and have been pleased, are any of these much better?

I'm of the belief that the Zuki 2 x 15w is in the order of 2 x 150-175w at those THD's.

Jono

You defiantly can not go wrong with anything from the Zapco c2k series and the Arc SE series. Both amps are very well capable of delivering alot of CLEAN power for SQ or daily driving. I have not experience with the Zuki or US amp that you mentioned but have alot of experience with Zapco and Arc.

I admit, I am skeptical of the Zuki's, why not just buy original SoundStreams? I have played with a few Arc's, great quality, but I feel the pricing is high and most models only accept 4v signal. The Zapco's are some of the best available. The Sundown SAX-100.4 beat out some Audison's in a comparison last year. The US amps AX models I have been around in the past were awesome. Maybe you need to see if there are any certain features you need. I believe there are a few ESX 4 channels floating around. Consider seeing if there is a Draconia up for sale, but people don't sell them unless they are forced to. I know there are a few Diamond D7 fans on here. And for good measure, look at the Lunar amps too, not pretty but outstanding amplifiers.

As you see there are numerous options, just need to start shrinking down the options.

It isn't the amps you should be concerned about, but the speakers and their install.

for what you are looking for I would probably not go czk or Se's.......they are going to be overkill for your application.

Depending on how soon you are doing it I would definitely consider Zuki....maybe a small mono (not out yet) and a 4 channel.

here you be my choices in your shoes of the brands listed in this thread

Sundown, Zapco reference, Zuki

Considering the dumb ass questions Zuki has asked all over the web I am very dubious of his designs. I realize it is all outsourced/copies, but between the asinine comments and the ridiculous ratings I have absolutely no interest. It doesn't mean you have to share my feelings, but it isn't the sort of person that I want to promote to be successful in this industry. As a completely opposite example, I noticed you have left off Mantz's products from your list which also should be included.

Considering the dumb ass questions Zuki has asked all over the web I am very dubious of his designs. I realize it is all outsourced/copies, but between the asinine comments and the ridiculous ratings I have absolutely no interest. It doesn't mean you have to share my feelings, but it isn't the sort of person that I want to promote to be successful in this industry. As a completely opposite example, I noticed you have left off Mantz's products from your list which also should be included.

Yeah, I agree. That is the reason I mentioned the Draconia, but those are hard to come by.

i would go presale on the mantz amps, get 2 six channels and run a crazy configuration.

probably work itself out in the end, but personally I would hold off on the new Zed stuff until more reviews are in and it is clear the turn on pop is handled

While generally that is a safe view, it isn't like he offers amps that ever fail those sort of reviews.

I would also tend to agree, especially if this were a typical Zed class a/b amp, like an upgrade to his previous models.

Though I think they will be fine, iirc this is a new power supply design and also class D. I would also like to make sure the turn on pop is taken care of.

overall probably a safe bet, but nothing worse then getting your install done and finding out that you amp has problems

While generally that is a safe view, it isn't like he offers amps that ever fail those sort of reviews.