fpt

3 RL-p 12's sealed vs. 2 RL-p 15's sealed?

Well, I'm looking to do some audio work on a '99 Integra 4-door which I recently picked up. After hearing many good things about Sound Splinter, I figure I'd give their products a try. I have been a user of RE, eD, SI, IA, RF, JL, etc.

Keep in mind that I love to listen to rap with loud and low bass for demo'ing (Lil Jon, Ying Yang Twins, Three 6 Mafia, etc.) as well as Bass Mekanik/Bass 305 and some trance. I actually play my music low most of the time...just crank it up for certain occasions.

Power-wise, I'll probably be feeding the subs' around 1200-2000 watts.

Oh yeah, anyone with an Integra 4-door, is it possible to stuff two the RL-p 15's ported?

Thanks!

P.S. - I'm open to any suggestions...I'm looking for something LOUD, LOW but also very important - it has to sound GOOD.

Jelly (a member here) is running a pair of 15's, he is hitting a really good number for how low he is tuned,

it might be hard to port them in your car, but even if you run them sealed that would be awesome

IMO, if You are going to play bass heavy low frequency stuff once in a while.... but trance & dance more often - go with (3) 12"s sealed. More controlled, "tighter" bass. Particular for fast transitions. Also considering the limited trunkspace You have. That my opinion as a box guy... I have no experience with the SS woofers yet. I have built 3 or 4dozen enclosures though. :)

-Nick

You can get them to make plenty of noise sealed. I keep mine turned way down, and its just beatiful sounding, it gets really freakin low. I use a Rl-p 15 2.3cuft sealed net.

After I re-read my last post Im going to take that back. Dont do it, its not recomended. But still proof that SQ is all subjectional, cause it sounds great to me :D

After I re-read my last post Im going to take that back. Dont do it, its not recomended. But still proof that SQ is all subjectional, cause it sounds great to me :D

huh?

anyway, either would be good. and rl-p's get low in sealed, real low. personally, i'd do a pair of 12's ported....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

huh?

anyway, either would be good. and rl-p's get low in sealed, real low. personally, i'd do a pair of 12's ported....

I was saying dont take my advice on the 2.3net its not recomended, its bigger than its supposed to be.

I need to stop posting after I've been at the bar. I dont make sense.

Much thanks to all for your suggestions so far...yeah, now that I've been reading your replies, I'm aiming for either 2 12's sealed, 2 12's ported or even 1 15" ported. The single 15" would be a more cost-efficient choice though.

Amp-wise, I'm still at a loss, any recommendations? I've been thinking about the eD NiNe.1 or the new RE 12.1...something along those lines. Thanks all!

the 9.1 would be the power level i'd recommend.

the single 15 ported would be impressive...

but the 2 12's ported still get my vote

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

the 9.1 would be the power level i'd recommend.

the single 15 ported would be impressive...

but the 2 12's ported still get my vote

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

agreed. more cone area w/ 2 12's, and ported...