Sign in to follow this  
Dulay817

Want a new Setup

Hi. I was wondering what kind of setup i can buy with $600-$800

I am the kind of person that loves the bass so if there any kind of subs and amp that i can buy with that price range pls tell me.

I looked up Fi/RF/JL/Kicker solo X and they kind of a bit expensive to me, thats why im asking for ya'lls opinion

What do you already have?

What are your goals with your setup ?

I am not sure you read how to post here! You will receive more questions than answers with this find of post.

Read the more you can, here, and then, you will be able to ask some more detailed question.

Check out the SSA store. There you will find combo packages that just might fit your price range.

WEll.. right now i only have 2 12's of Kicker Comp. And a Rockford Punch Amp

Looking for a setup that is better than those.

Like should i buy Kicker Solo X and if so what amp to go with it?

Im just looking for a combination of an amp and a subs that can hit harder than a kicker comp or a kicker cvr.

Sorry if im not making any sense

like i said i am new to this audio world xD and yea ok ill read more in forums.

get a 15" fi q. put it in a box that fi recommends. push it with something around 1000 rms...u will b very happy.

Im just looking for a combination of an amp and a subs that can hit harder than a kicker comp or a kicker cvr.

ok, you already got 2 12 subs.

and You need more !!

Listen to nmssd12 : you can find great combos there. Icon-saz1000 or Xcon-saz1500 : it's up to you.

Don't forget you may need another size of power and ground cable (0 ga).

Forget about the solo x : I think it's a spl competition sub, not so good for playing music, and it needs a 5000 watts amp!!!!!!!

Keep on reading on the different forums here.

Forget about the solo x : I think it's a spl competition sub, not so good for playing music, and it needs a 5000 watts amp!!!!!!!

it is, but it can be played daily as well. i had a pair at one time. but...5000 watts is WAY too much for them imo. i've seen it done from a couple people, but usually they dont take kindly to it. mine didnt (tho it may have been due to other issues)

are you able to build your own enclosure? if you can that will help knock down some of the cost and allow more money into the equipment.

it is, but it can be played daily as well. i had a pair at one time. but...5000 watts is WAY too much for them imo. i've seen it done from a couple people, but usually they dont take kindly to it. mine didnt (tho it may have been due to other issues)

are you able to build your own enclosure? if you can that will help knock down some of the cost and allow more money into the equipment.

Lol nope but i got a friend that probably get help me out

and notorious the link dont work.. if u can repost it ill apprciate it.

Edited by Dulay817

and You need more !!

Listen to nmssd12 : you can find great combos there. Icon-saz1000 or Xcon-saz1500 : it's up to you.

Bad advice on Solo X (wont really take that much power daily) and they can be used for daily, but I wouldnt get one either. OP that combo deal sounds nice, look into making your own box (people on here will help you), get wires, upgrade Big 3.

and You need more !!

Bad advice on Solo X (wont really take that much power daily) and they can be used for daily, but I wouldnt get one either. OP that combo deal sounds nice, look into making your own box (people on here will help you), get wires, upgrade Big 3.

Yea i might need ask ya'll how big of a box I AM A need ones i ahve that 15" Icon. and what kind of battery ill need

Need more information than what your giving, if you want the best possible answers. What electrical upgrades have you done to the car? What other equipment will be in the car?

First step make sure you do the Big 3 (if you dont know what is, do some research about it online plenty of pictures and info on it).

Enclosure Recommendations:

•Sealed: 1.00 cu.ft.

•Sealed: 1.35 cu.ft. optimal

•Ported: 1.90 cu.ft. @ 27-33 hz

•Ported: 2.50 cu.ft. @ 27-33hz opt.

ALright..

and my car is strip right now. (No Subs No Wiring Nothing) the only thing that I AM A change on it is the stock radio to something else..

and im driving a honda accord 2005 sedan. Trunk is have space for a big'ish box.

The Big 3 is the wiring right? if so i got someone that can help me out with that

ALright..

and my car is strip right now. (No Subs No Wiring Nothing) the only thing that I AM A change on it is the stock radio to something else..

and im driving a honda accord 2005 sedan. Trunk is have space for a big'ish box.

The Big 3 is the wiring right? if so i got someone that can help me out with that

Yeah the Big 3 is upgrading your wiring to 1/0 gauge or larger your preference:

Wire #1- Positive Alternator post to Battery Positive Terminal (Power)

Wire #2- Battery Negative Terminal to Car's Frame/Chassis (Ground)

Wire #3- Alternator Block/Engine Block to Car's Frame/Chassis (Ground)

Need more information than what your giving, if you want the best possible answers. What electrical upgrades have you done to the car? What other equipment will be in the car?

First step make sure you do the Big 3 (if you dont know what is, do some research about it online plenty of pictures and info on it).

Those are for the 15" ? No? Just for the 12".

The OP is talking about the 15" one.

I thought the soloX was the huge Kicker spl sub, sorry!

Don't know if a 15 Icon will be louder than what you got already : never heared these subs.

Those are for the 15" ? No? Just for the 12".

The OP is talking about the 15" one.

I thought the soloX was the huge Kicker spl sub, sorry!

Don't know if a 15 Icon will be louder than what you got already : never heared these subs.

Hmmm u dont think it'll be louder than 2 12's kicker comp?

Does anyone know if a 15 SSA Icon and Sundown 1000d will be louder than a 2 12's Kicker Comp?

and yea youre right i am talking about 15's not 12's

It Should Be A Shit-ton Louder, But That Depends On You And Your Capabilities.

It Should Be A Shit-ton Louder, But That Depends On You And Your Capabilities.

ya cuz i look on youtube and most of them release so much air and make the glass flex like crazy with one 15' SSA icon

but ya I AM A get those soon as i get the money

those dimensions are for 12", not 15".

I don't know if the Icon would be louder, I've never heared the Kicker, only the 15 Icon and it pounds hard!!!

I love it!

those dimensions are for 12", not 15".

I don't know if the Icon would be louder, I've never heared the Kicker, only the 15 Icon and it pounds hard!!!

I love it!

ya i found the right dimensions for 15's and its this

Sealed: 2.25 cu.ft.

Sealed: 2.75 cu.ft. optimal

Ported: 3.0 cu.ft. @ 27-33 hz

Ported: 4.0 cu.ft. @ 27-33hz opt.

Sub Outside Dia.: 15.625”

Cut Inside Dia.: 14.125”

Mounting depth: 8.500”

Displacement: 0.19cuft