Sign in to follow this  
ric

help with sub...

Hi guys, i was wondering if you can give some suggestions for a sub that my friend could use with the info i got from him...

- small maybe 10" or even 8"

- musical sounding sub

- can go loud abit i think?

- good for sealed enclosures

- good for 500W only or maybe less for efficiency

- max of $300 if possible

i think the reason for small is he plans to put in in the corner of the trunk. behind the tail lights. and if im not mistaken, he needs it for .7 or less cubes after displacement. he was thinking of putting flat subs/slim subs but i advised him to wait, and ill try to get more suggestions for i think slims subs output would not be enough for him, but if you can suggest slim subs with very a very good amount of output and can still remain musical for hip hop, R&B, techno/trans well he listens to all sorts of music..... pls do so. he thought of the pioneer slim subs due to price and with $300, he can get 2, one for each tail light location.

if you need more info pls ask so i can clarify and ask him about it.

thanks for any suggestions.

I would say Dcon 10".

But I think you can find a lot of 10" sub around here.

Does he already have the amp? There are some little combos on the ssa shop.

Look around. You will have a warranty with them too.

Maybe an Image Dynamics IDQ, Sound Splinter RL-i, or sure a couple SSA Dcons.

yup, if im not mistaken its a JL 500/1 V1, - ive been doing some checking even

SS RL-i 8's though not avail, i even thought of the orphans, though i need options that would really be good for his needs. small, efficient that can go loud yet still sound good. specially from current or past users that might have gone through the same needs as my friend.

thanks.

yup, if im not mistaken its a JL 500/1 V1, - ive been doing some checking even

SS RL-i 8's though not avail, i even thought of the orphans, though i need options that would really be good for his needs. small, efficient that can go loud yet still sound good. specially from current or past users that might have gone through the same needs as my friend.

thanks.

That is why you can just read all the topics like yours! There must have been several ones on this forum!

Take your time, and learn!!!

learn what? learn all the specs of all 10's and 8's available on the market, may it be good or bad?

the purpose of this thread is to limit the options and not expand it...

learn what? learn all the specs of all 10's and 8's available on the market, may it be good or bad?

the purpose of this thread is to limit the options and not expand it...

Learn all the specs !!! Hell no!!!

Go to the ssa site and look for the Dcon : one or two Dcons on the 500/1, or even only one Icon 10"

These might fit his needs very well.

The Icon is maybe the better choice for future upgrade.

I'd Say A 10" Icon Or Mach 5 IXL 10, Two Dcons Would Be A Great Option As Well. I've Owned Both The IXL And The Icon, Great SQ Reference Drivers That Can Get Loud.