Sign in to follow this  
Jshak07

Bass Blocker

I want to put some bass blockers on my speakers until I can upgrade to a set of components. Which one of these would be best to get?

http://www.parts-express.com/wizards/searchResults.cfm?FTR=Bass+Stopper&search_type=main&WebPage_ID=3&searchFilter=Bass+Stopper

What size speakers and are they powered by an amplifier?

Right now its just some old fosgate 5x7s that i had runnin of deck power. I am going to get some components and run a 100.4 eventually just not right now and in the mean time I want these to sound half way decent

Right now its just some old fosgate 5x7s that i had runnin of deck power. I am going to get some components and run a 100.4 eventually just not right now and in the mean time I want these to sound half way decent

With those speakers I would go with these .... http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=266-200#

Cool, will do. If you dont mind me askin, why those? Just tryin to learn..

Cool, will do. If you dont mind me askin, why those? Just tryin to learn..

With a 5x7 you still want to have some bass so the lower the frequency cutoff.

Ive had mixed experiences with these before. Sometimes they worked, sometimes they didnt. At high volumes they usually didnt work too well. Good thing they are relatively cheap so it wont hurt the wallet too much.

Parts express has an online calculator that will tell you what value of a capacitor you need for a given frequency.... try using that and buying a standard NON-POLARIZED cap, its the same thing as a bass blocker but even cheaper without the name on it.... plus you may be able to get the exact cutoff frequency you're wanting...