ive looked and looked and looked some more but i cant find the diagram for adding a second battery.

someone posted it on here before but i cant find it now.

could someone give me the link for it please?

hey man adding a SECOND battier is simply!!!

first get the BIGGEST gauge wire you can afford/fit and do 2 runs from front battery to the rear battery. 1 run for the pos and 1 run for the neg and make sure you fuse close to both batteries!! and if you have LOTS of room do MORE runs of pos and neg!!! and make sure you do the BIG 3!!

here is the big 3

http://www.youtube.com/MaxxsonicsUSAInc#p/u

and here is a nice pic on how to install your secondary battery! also in that pic is THE BIG 3

Untitled-7.jpg

and if you WANT to install an ISOLATOR (soleniod) use this diagram!

Untitled-2.jpg

also in that SECOND PIC there is a NEGATIVE wire missing from front to rear batteries! sorry!

thanks man :)

do you absolutely need an isolator?

if i dont get one would it mess anything up?

you don't NEED an isolator (soleniod) there are PLENTY of ppl who don't use them!

BUT i know from FIRST hand (from my buddy) that when he installed his hc2400 it RAPED and PILAGED his front battery. lol!! so for him but i assumed his battery was old and the hc2400 jsut contributed to his front batteries death!

a soleniod will isolate the batteries so when the car is off the stronger battery can't suck the weaker battery dry! lol! but then again (knock on wood) i haven't had an issue yet and i have been running without one for about....2-3years! lol!

so each to there own! if you wnat to go through the instal go for it and if you need a 200amp PAC isolator i have one for sale! lol!

lol i probably wont get an isolator. ill take my chances.

i got a yellow top in front and the big three so im not to worried bout it haha.

ive seen some people use two different batteries and some people says its bad and some say its alright.

so if i have a yellow top and i get a xs or kinetic would it be alright?

also in the diagram is there 2 batts in the back and one in the front?

Edited by iputon326

i would get an XS over a kinetik if you can afford it that is! ya you can MIX and Match batteries it isn't recommended and if you do ppl MAY say to get an soleniod inbetween those 2 batteries! but everyone is differnet ppl say get a soleniod b/c with 2 different batteries they will have different stuff like charge rates and AH and all that other stuff like that!

yes sir in both diagrams there are 2 batteries in each! that is b/c when i made those pics awhile ago i was using 2 batteries in the rear!

i would get an XS over a kinetik if you can afford it that is! ya you can MIX and Match batteries it isn't recommended and if you do ppl MAY say to get an soleniod inbetween those 2 batteries! but everyone is differnet ppl say get a soleniod b/c with 2 different batteries they will have different stuff like charge rates and AH and all that other stuff like that!

yea i figured itd cause problems with two different batteries and no isolator.

how much is an isolator?

oooo nice lol.

i figured theyd be way more then that.

so your selling yours for 30?

why buy mine lol but the 300amp one for 15$ lol half the price! lol! but ya if you wnat to buy mine 30$ shipped! lol!! send me a p/m if you are interested though!

see battery isolators are the things whih cost more but are much easier to hook up BUT you will get a voltage drop and the drop will depend on the isolator you get and this will be called out on the spec manual!

http://www.adventurerv.net/high-performance-battery-isolator-200-amp-p-4006.html

lol i dont have money now.

im just slowly building.

im selling my sub now and getting a IA DR 18.

nice!!!! make sure to have install pics man!! and 18's anything is just stupid

nice!!!! make sure to have install pics man!! and 18's anything is just stupid

i will man.

thanks for your help with everything.

You will be fine with two different batteries, no isolator/solenoid needed unless you playing your system with car off alot. Just make sure to get an agm charger to charge your secondary battery from time to time to take some work off the alternator. Just my .02

You will be fine with two different batteries, no isolator/solenoid needed unless you playing your system with car off alot. Just make sure to get an agm charger to charge your secondary battery from time to time to take some work off the alternator. Just my .02

sweet thats even better :fing34:

thanks

Np problem and good luck.

I have mixed feelings about isolators. The first one I had something wrong, I had to keep charging the rear battery every once in a while. The second one failed on me. After that, I have not used one. My sled has two perfect spots in the trunk to drop in a G31 size battery on each side of the spare. :)

I have mixed feelings about isolators. The first one I had something wrong, I had to keep charging the rear battery every once in a while. The second one failed on me. After that, I have not used one. My sled has two perfect spots in the trunk to drop in a G31 size battery on each side of the spare. :)

yea id rather not have an isolator.

i think itd just be more simple without it.