Ive Blown 2 Plate Amps in Less Than 2 Weeks!

How Could This Be?

They Were Working Fine But noticed they were getting extremely hot to the touch (couldn't keep hand on for 3 sec.)

Before they went i notcied my btl was getting distorted

10 sec later the amp cutt of and no LED indicator was on.

This Means The Amp Went Right?

What Could Have Caused This Im Wondering.

Here Is The Pic Of The AMp Im Using

IMG00332-20091025-1137.jpg

IMG00333-20091025-1137.jpg

IMG00334-20091025-1137.jpg

IMG00337-20091025-1140.jpg

IMG00338-20091025-1140.jpg

If that comes from the back of a house sub, then maybe it was too low of an ohm load for it.

More then likely you had them wired down to low. Generally home audio amps aren't built for low loads, most in the 8ohm range. Seeing the btl only comes in D1 or D2 ohm the highest you could have had it wired was 4ohm which would be low enough to blow a cheap plate amp that was rated for an 8ohm load.

More then likely you had them wired down to low. Generally home audio amps aren't built for low loads, most in the 8ohm range. Seeing the btl only comes in D1 or D2 ohm the highest you could have had it wired was 4ohm which would be low enough to blow a cheap plate amp that was rated for an 8ohm load.

Perfectly said.

That Was Probably Why :(

I Had It Wired To 1 Ohm.....

:suicide-santa:

that'll do it... 1 ohm and home audio amps are a bad deal :)

Is There Anyway I Could Run A SAZ300D In My Room?

u can keep car audio batts in the house, AGM preferrable, and keep a charger on them when necessary.

or... if u need low ohm loaded amps in the house, you can always get PA amps.

Is There Anyway I Could Run A SAZ300D In My Room?

Thats pretty ballsy considering you just toasted 2 home audio plate amps trying to hook them up to a BTL at a 1 ohm load. Just slow down and wait to put it in your car.

You didn't think to verify the amplifier would handle the load before you purchased the amplifier?

You didn't think to verify the amplifier would handle the load before you purchased the amplifier?

Probably not or one of those individuals who did look and said fuck it Im still going to wire my sub down to a 1ohm load even though the amp couldnt handle it . So after the first one blew you just put another one on there instead of figure out what caused it to blow which in turn caused the second one to blow. I would get a sub that can be wired to a safe ohm load for a house amp and I wouldnt hook up the SAZ-3000D in my house but to each its own I guess.

well like shizzzon siad YES you can use a saz3000 in your room just make sure to have a amg battery in your house and while playing have a charger on it and make sure to constantly monitor the voltage!! and you should be good to go!

other then that can i ask WHY you wnat to run a car audio sub in your house at 1ohm? do you wnat to break some walls? lol!!

Chances are you're not going to be able to keep enough juice flowing to a 3000D in your house. Just do it right and get a home audio amp if you're going to keep the BTL in your house.

Chances are you're not going to be able to keep enough juice flowing to a 3000D in your house. Just do it right and get a home audio amp if you're going to keep the BTL in your house.

x2, the smartest advice given in this post so far.

:Doh:

what do you mean x2. More like xeleventybillion, the only clarification I'd throw out there is that by home audio amp Nick was referring to a Pro Audio amp with a 110v power source. (or 220 if the OP is in Europe)

what do you mean x2. More like xeleventybillion, the only clarification I'd throw out there is that by home audio amp Nick was referring to a Pro Audio amp with a 110v power source. (or 220 if the OP is in Europe)

Ah, indeed.