subs101

Best amp for Fi BTL 18" fully loaded??

Hi i'm looking for an amp for an Fi BTL 18" fully loaded. I was wondering what the best amp would be for it?

I'm not going to be driving around all day with my system turned up all the way, i just want a nice reliable amp that can handle the subs pretty easily that's not like $1200

Thanks

saz 3500! around 800$ i think! (get it from db-r)

also what do you have for an electrical? extra batteries? the big 3? h/o alt?

I actually don't even have my car yet haha i'll be getting my license in about a month and putting work into it right away.

But i'll be buying a H/O alternator probably 200watt, and a Powermaster D3100

I actually don't even have my car yet haha i'll be getting my license in about a month and putting work into it right away.

But i'll be buying a H/O alternator probably 200watt, and a Powermaster D3100

Its not watts, its amps that you speak of on the alt. It sounds like budget is your main concern? What kind of vehicle?

you mean a 200AMP (not watt) alt!

and the d3100 is an awesome battery!!!!

saz 3500! around 800$ i think! (get it from db-r)

also what do you have for an electrical? extra batteries? the big 3? h/o alt?

I have a H/O alternator 200watt.. and a Powermaster D3100 battery possibly 2 soon...

are you suggesting buying a used SAZ 3500D amp from db-r? If you're suggesting buying a new one it's like $1025

On the sundownaudio website it says like $1500??

And on soundsolutionaudio.com it says you can buy then for $850?

Where should i get it from haha there's so many prices and such a wide range

Yea amp sorry about that haha.

It will be a 2000-2004 ford explorer most likely i don't have my lisence yet haha buy ill be getting it in about a month and putting the subs in shortly after

There is a guy on here somewhere selling his IA 40.1's. . .Would be a nice match to a BTL ;)

So what is the budget?

I really don't want to go over $1000, and even then that's a little spendy since i'm 15 haha, i'm just trying to get a good high wattage amp that won't overheat or break or whatever if i turn up my music too loud.. I've been looking at the SAZ 3500D's but i don't know where to buy them from since i see them from $850-1575.

Yes it's my first system. And please don't tell me to start with something smaller because i'm set on this, also i don't want to go through the trouble of buying a system setting it up and selling it and buying more stuff and putting it in again it's just too much work for me.

No thats not what Im going to say at all. You should go for something more rms appropriate. It will still blow your mind but not as big a chance to fnuck it up. An SAZ2000 would be perfect. Im about to use the SAE1200D and I know it will be fine.

Edited by bigrank916

x3 saz2000 ftw lol!! there are some on ebay and db-r also!

but for a bigger win go with the saz3000 or 3500 lol! !

Edited by CrazyKenKid

Id go with the SAZ-4500D if youre not on a time crunch. I am putting a single 15" level 5 DC on a 3500D

Ok thanks haha so many people have told me to start with some like 250 dollar system.

So a SAZ 2000D will be very loud with lots of flexing? I think that will be loud enough since i live in a city with a lot of ass hole cops that will pull you over for loud music haha.

And also will i be able to turn it up all the way every once in a while without the amp blowing up?

lol or just get a sae 1200 (v1 did 1770 rms, v2 (preorder now) is doulbe the buff so will do a ton of power output) and right nwo i believe it is 280 for a presale!

So wait a SAZ 2000D would be good for a fully loaded Fi BTL 18" just for daily use but it will still flex the car and be very loud?

And where should i buy it from, the sundown audio site is very expensive compared to some places for some reason, thanks

i would buy it from SSA or db-r if you don't mind a referb one!!

Yes it will be very loud..

Db-r has them refurbished which are excellent..thats where i purchased mine

I'm looking at db-r, SAZ 3000D. but what does old/newstyle heatsink mean and B-stock, what should i look for?

Thanks