sundownz

SA-8 Prototype Is Here !

-1 was too much with the 4500D -- woops :)

Haha, what happen Jacob?

I sheared the aluminum former in two -- didn't break any glue joints or thermal the coil. I suspect I bottomed out my triple joint ring on the top plate hard enough that the shock broke off the former. Of course I had 2000 or so watts per sub at this point too -- something has to go eventually.

I will add a LITTLE more rearward clearance on production models so even doing that will be slightly more difficult.

-1 was too much with the 4500D -- woops :)

Haha, what happen Jacob?

you mean a 400 watt rms sub broke from ~2000 watts, that's it, i'm done, what happened to the quality control?

LOL JK that's amazing it took that much to do it. I am already getting some crazy thoughts about these, maybe re-do the system I am working on now in the spring....j/w what 12 of these could do on ~9kw

I sheared the aluminum former in two -- didn't break any glue joints or thermal the coil. I suspect I bottomed out my triple joint ring on the top plate hard enough that the shock broke off the former. Of course I had 2000 or so watts per sub at this point too -- something has to go eventually.

I will add a LITTLE more rearward clearance on production models so even doing that will be slightly more difficult.

Even though your speaking spanish to me, I get the drift to much damn power for those little beasts but they held their own in that battle (good numbers man, keep up the hard work on making me some future subs when I decide what I want).

These woofers looks awesome!