Im thinking about preordering the SAE1200D to replace my Kx1200.1. Is Sundown a better made amp? Could i please get pros and cons of Sundown amps. I also heard that Sundowns draw less amps then Kickers is that true

The amps will draw the same current with the same power consumption. They are good amps. I own 4 going on 5. The last will be the SAE1200D.

well for starters the SAE1200d (v1 output nearly 1770 RMS at 1ohm) and the V2 is the upgraded version of hte V1 so it should do that plus more! lol!

so SAE > Kicker (so much more power then the kicker) as for less amp draw maybe at 1200rms lol!!

top that off with number one in customer service and some of the best made amps and you got yourself a killer amp!

but you also need the electrical to bakc it up like any other amp does right!

here is the clamp test for the V1 and also NOTICE how it was at 12.6volts!! very nice! i think the kicker is rated at 14.4volt? but i could be wrong

Edited by CrazyKenKid

Ok thanks i just did my big 3 and my lights dont dim now with my kx1200.1 and i have the gain up about 3/4 of the way. Do you think the sae1200d will do fine if i have too ill get a second battery. Would going from my kx1200.1 to the sae 1200d be worth it?

Ok thanks i just did my big 3 and my lights dont dim now with my kx1200.1 and i have the gain up about 3/4 of the way. Do you think the sae1200d will do fine if i have too ill get a second battery. Would going from my kx1200.1 to the sae 1200d be worth it?

Imo I think you get more from the Sundown. Plus it is on sale. If your serious about getting a new amp, now is the time to jump on this deal.

Here is some testing results ...

Sundown FTW!

Imo I think you get more from the Sundown. Plus it is on sale. If your serious about getting a new amp, now is the time to jump on this deal.

Sundown FTW!

more what besides power?

Sundown FTW!

more what besides power?

Biggest difference will be the output power and with the Sundwon you will get a variable subsonic filter.

Imo = In my opinion

FTW = For the win

Biggest difference will be the output power and with the Sundwon you will get a variable subsonic filter.

Imo = In my opinion

FTW = For the win

x2, better customer service, better all around amp, very underrated power ratings (does rated power at 12.8 volts) and it has an adjustable sub sonic filter so you dont have to tailor your box around the sub sonic filter like you do with kicker. just off the top of my head and my .02.

So what do you think do you think it will be worth it or should i just buy a saz50.4

Ill say get both but if you cant get both now get what you need first since both amps are on sale. The SAE-1200D is still going to be sold while the 50.4 is going out of production so I would get the 50.4 now and keep the kicker. Then when you get some money and sell the kicker get you a nice sub amp.

Ill say get both but if you cant get both now get what you need first since both amps are on sale. The SAE-1200D is still going to be sold while the 50.4 is going out of production so I would get the 50.4 now and keep the kicker. Then when you get some money and sell the kicker get you a nice sub amp.

Ok but the 1200 isnt going to be 250 anymore. But alright i need a mids highs amp anyways

Have any of you owned or used the sax50.4 hows the sound quality and loudness? For 200 shipped i dont think i can go wrong.

Many of us here own that amp. It is a very nice amp. Y ou wont be dissappointed with the little guy.

I'd definitely work on the front stage, there will not be an audible difference between the Kicker and the Sundown on your sub/s.

Ok cool i was wondering if i would be able to hear any difference i wasnt sure how to ask though. Thanks M5/ . So what kind of door speakers should i get? I dont want to spend more than around 125

Ok cool i was wondering if i would be able to hear any difference i wasnt sure how to ask though. Thanks M5/ . So what kind of door speakers should i get? I dont want to spend more than around 125

You Better Learn How To Shit $100 Bills Then. Lol.

Phoenix Gold RSD Comps Are Good For Cheap, I Guess. Or A Pair Of The Xenons.

Zapco I Force, Soundstream TRC's.

Or You Could Get A Few Mach 5 MLI's And Pair Them With Some Good Tweeters.

You Better Learn How To Shit $100 Bills Then. Lol.

Phoenix Gold RSD Comps Are Good For Cheap, I Guess. Or A Pair Of The Xenons.

Zapco I Force, Soundstream TRC's.

Or You Could Get A Few Mach 5 MLI's And Pair Them With Some Good Tweeters.

but the mach 5 mlis are 100rms and the 50.4 are 50 rms at 4 ohm. Why do i need to shit 100 dollar bills? Which ones are the best out of the ones you suggested