osheabraggs

sundown vs sundown

Why is this in the Fi forum?

Really it depends on what your plans and goals are to determine which one is better for you.

SAZ-1500 is better, sae is the introductory line i believe their made in china but either way you cant go wrong.

Why is this in the Fi forum?

Really it depends on what your plans and goals are to determine which one is better for you.

Umm..yeah. Good question, actually. Why IS this in the Fi forum. I've seen this guy twice and he's typed in all caps the first time and then posted in the wrong forum the second.

Edited by Christian McKay

Both are good amps, but I don't believe the SAE1200D puts out more than 1200-1300 watts. The SAZ1500D will put out about 1700 though.

I don't think any Sundown Products are made/assembled out of country. I'll have to double check that.

well the 1200 will do well over rated power it is only 1 ohm (do not run under 1 ohm) stable it is made in china but to sundowns specs, the 1500 will do about 2600 under the right conditions it is more of a power house and can be run under 1 ohm (not recommended ) and it is made in Korea both are great amps it all just depends on what you are using it for and what your budget is.

which is better sae-1200 or saz-1500

heard the sae puts out 1500+ and $100 or so dollars cheaper????

for what application?

Cramer V. Cramer?

well the 1200 will do well over rated power it is only 1 ohm (do not run under 1 ohm) stable it is made in china but to sundowns specs, the 1500 will do about 2600 under the right conditions it is more of a power house and can be run under 1 ohm (not recommended ) and it is made in Korea both are great amps it all just depends on what you are using it for and what your budget is.

2600? Do you have test results to back that up? I assume that's with 16 volts maybe? In Jacob's power testing, found here: he got 1970 watts from the 1500D. But I notice the SAE1200D did do the 1700 you mentioned. I forgot that was in there, and thought I just remember the 1300 RMS from somewhere else.

I don't think any Sundown Products are made/assembled out of country. I'll have to double check that.

Actually your wrong, they are made outside the country thats why Jacob has to wait a little longer to ship out amps because US Customs holds them for awhile as they come into the border.

Actually your wrong, they are made outside the country thats why Jacob has to wait a little longer to ship out amps because US Customs holds them for awhile as they come into the border.

if the amps were made here in the usa they wouldnt be nearly as affordable as what they are and yes the 1500D will do 2600 watts under the proper conditions which if I remember right is 16v and wired down to 1/2 ohm with a rise to around 1 ohm

guys keep in mind the sae1200 V1 did 1770 rms at 1ohm on 12.6volts

now the V2 which is being offered as a pre-sale of like 280 right now. and the v2 is a beefed up V1 so who knows how much it can do!

the SAE line is meant (from what i understand) for a constant voltage and above 12volts and is made in china and isn't strappable

the SAZ line is meant for low voltage levels and a stupid amount of power and also the ability to do 1/2ohm loads (but no longer covered) and they are built in Korea!

so choose wisely for the application you want to use it for! meaning if you are an spl head and you like to do crazy things go with the saz line and if you are a daily kind a guy who likes to go boom boom around the block maybe go with the sae line!!!!

other then that i have owned a sae1200 v1 and i just loved it and then i upgraded to the saz2000 and i heart saz 2000's now llol!!

but choose any amp from sundown you can't go wrong!

Edited by CrazyKenKid

and i don't recommend lower voltage on the SAZ line it is jsut they can handle lower voltage better then the sae line!

and you siad in your first post that the price difference is around ~100 so is 100 worth 300rms to you? do you need the extra BANG?

Edited by CrazyKenKid

if the amps were made here in the usa they wouldnt be nearly as affordable as what they are and yes the 1500D will do 2600 watts under the proper conditions which if I remember right is 16v and wired down to 1/2 ohm with a rise to around 1 ohm

Yeah, but that's really just if it's just playing a sine wave.

?

isn't that what music really is anyways? a bunch of sine waves lol and burps just a bunch of tones!! but they all follow the general sytle of a sine wave?

i guess you could use a squarewave to burp and it would be louder b/c the peak will be there for a long amount of time...!... but i didn't know music came across as anything other then sine waves

did i miss something? can someone else shed light on that comment?

nice site ppl check it out

http://www.bewitched.com/m/music/

Edited by CrazyKenKid

?

isn't that what music really is anyways? a bunch of sine waves lol and burps just a bunch of tones!! but they all follow the general sytle of a sine wave?

i guess you could use a squarewave to burp and it would be louder b/c the peak will be there for a long amount of time...!... but i didn't know music came across as anything other then sine waves

did i miss something? can someone else shed light on that comment?

nice site ppl check it out

http://www.bewitched.com/m/music/

I believe what he's saying is that the 2600 watts was done on a test tone. or single sine wave. there was impedance rise, which makes it ok to wire below 1 ohm in some cases for SPL/burps. in daily music there are a bunch of sine waves and impedance levels are all over the place, sometimes well below 1 ohm even when wired to 1 or even 2 ohm nominal. There was a big discussion about this on another thread. Basically, unless you are doing SPL, save yourself the 100 bucks and get the SAE line. There will be no audible difference in the 2-300 watts difference. even if it's a 400 watt difference you won't hear the difference with your ears, only a meter. save the money and take advantage of the great deal on the 1200d. that is my recommendation. also keep in mind though for future use you can always strap another 1500d to a pre-existing 1500d, can't do that with the SAE. just not sure if you ever plan on doing that.

Edited by mjmarovi

I was going based off of this article

as was I, thanks for finding that link!! not sure why but my reply got put above part of the quote, where the "?" is.

as was I, thanks for finding that link!! not sure why but my reply got put above part of the quote, where the "?" is.

Lol, I noticed that. It threw me off for a second, because it was like you were talking about the link and then you were completely contradicting it. I thought you went weird for a second :)

y people still bringing up dis caps thing thats another post.. rats need to be exterminated

but anyway i'll be runnin a 15" q possibly bl

and not tryna be the loudest car in the hood i jus wanna a lil reenforcement bass

and i was jus wondering if the SAE or SAZ was better and if there was a big difference

y people still bringing up dis caps thing thats another post.. rats need to be exterminated

and not tryna be the loudest car in the hood i jus wanna a lil reenforcement bass

and i was jus wondering if the SAE or SAZ was better and if there was a big difference

for the q get the sae. for the bl get the saz.

for the q get the sae. for the bl get the saz.

For any woofer I'd get the SAZ series, they are always worth the money.