sundownz

Sundown SA-8 Pre-Sale

Okay guys... everyone is knocking my door down to pre-order these so I am going to open it up now with an early-bird special as well.

My ETA for these is mid to late February or so next year (2010). There are NO refunds on pre-orders whatsoever -- so please make sure you can afford to be without this money until they arrive before ordering.

TO ORDER PAYPAL ME AT sundownz@sundownaudio.com AND SPECIFY HOW MANY and D2 or D4 coils !!!

Test results will be available soon :)

If you order before the end of November the price will be as follows :

1x SA-8 = $109

2x SA-8 = $99 each

4x or more SA-8 = $90 each

Shipped in continental 48 states cost.

If you order after November until the pre-order is over the price will be as follows :

1x SA-8 = $119

2x SA-8 = $109 each

4x or more SA-8 = $99 each

Shipped in continental 48 states cost.

All shipping is handled by FedEx or UPS ground -- shipping to HI or AK add $40 each woofer.

Pre-sale in USA only.

SPECIFICATIONS OF D2 Coil (D4 will be similar) :

RE: 3.28 ohms (series)

FS: 41.6 Hz

Qes: 0.513

Qms: 6.606

Qts: 0.476

Le: 2.778 mH

Vas: 3.285 L

BL: 17.138 N/A

Cms: 83.341 um/N

Mms: 175.654 g

Sens: 78.476 dB @ 1w/1m

POWER: 400 RMS

5.25" depth

8.25" overall basket OD (no gasket)

7.375" cut-out diameter (without gasket)

7.25" cut-out diameter (with gasket)

6.25" magnet diameter

We suggest 0.6 - 1 cube ported tuned to 30-40 hz based on your goals and preferences.

Sealed can be utilized but is not optimal for these drivers.

-----

VIDEO of excursion:

SAZ-1500D @ 1 ohm connected to woofer for testing.

CIMG3033.JPG

CIMG3034.JPG

CIMG3035.JPG

CIMG3036.JPG

I work for fedex freight. Any idea if I get some kind of discount on fedex ground since I work for their freight division? And def picking one, or two, of these up this friday.

I work for fedex freight. Any idea if I get some kind of discount on fedex ground since I work for their freight division? And def picking one, or two, of these up this friday.

No idea.

I will just ask tonight when I go back into work. I know that I get 70% off freight orders, so maybe there is a discount on ground.......anyways, sick driver man. Finally another 8 on the market and one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Awesome pre-sale price. Four for only $360. Would work great with a saz-1500d. I'm thinking of something like eight off a saz-3500d.

Damn some of you guys are pityful trying to get discounts all day long when clearly he is already giving a discount (I bet if Jacob were giving these subs out for free if you pay for shipping then yall would still have something to say about it). How bout you guys stop junking up the posts about nonsense and talk about the sub or place some orders.

Oh my wife is going to kill me! Ideas, Ideas! :woot:

two on an 100.4 would sound nice. might think of that.

So far in my testing... I've gotten 149.0 dB from my pair of SA-8s @ 53 Hz in my Jeep.

New box layout that I've never tested before... sub forward / port back :)

Sealed on the dash video :

Outlaw score best... 150.4 dB as of now. Same frequency, 53 Hz.

Uploading Outlaw video shortly.

So far in my testing... I've gotten 149.0 dB from my pair of SA-8s @ 53 Hz in my Jeep.

New box layout that I've never tested before... sub forward / port back :)

Impressive as hell! WOW!

What amps were you using Jake?

Holy shit Jacob! That's awesome man! I was thinking of an 8 or 10 to go on the floor of my truck in the front centered. Tuned a little higher than my BTL. This looks like a good candidate.

That is an adequate box size if you must use them sealed. They will still do alright -- but it's not optimal.