sundownz

Sundown SA-8 Pre-Sale

Hmmmmm, ditch my 2-15" LI's to get 4 of these running off my SAZ-1500???? These look impressive as hell and I would love the "holy shit, all that from 8's?" comments and looks!

BTW-what's the displacement on these?......REALLY INTERESTED IN DOING 4

Edited by chicagofan

Why did you tune to 53 for our numbers when the above post say's " We suggest 0.6 - 1 cube ported tuned to 30-40 hz based on your goals and preferences? "?

53 is fine for me I'm just wondering about your tuning philosophy.

Why did you tune to 53 for our numbers when the above post say's " We suggest 0.6 - 1 cube ported tuned to 30-40 hz based on your goals and preferences? "?

53 is fine for me I'm just wondering about your tuning philosophy.

Because I am tuning for maximum SPL in my Jeep.

For a daily enclosure you want 30-40 Hz.

That is an adequate box size if you must use them sealed. They will still do alright -- but it's not optimal.

If this is adequate, what would be optimal for sealed? Or did you mean optimal was ported?

Hmmmmm, ditch my 2-15" LI's to get 4 of these running off my SAZ-1500???? These look impressive as hell and I would love the "holy shit, all that from 8's?" comments and looks!

BTW-what's the displacement on these?......REALLY INTERESTED IN DOING 4

DO it bro!

Just in case anyone else was interested in the displacement question, Jacob has told me that .1 would be about right. I'll be ordering 4 of these hopfully by the end of this month : ) 4cubes net tuned to 32-35hz..........mmmmmmmmmmm!

put my order in for 2. cant wait.

That is an adequate box size if you must use them sealed. They will still do alright -- but it's not optimal.

If this is adequate, what would be optimal for sealed? Or did you mean optimal was ported?

Ported = the optimal box

Sealed = will work but not the best box for these

I bought two DD 1508 to compare T/S specs to... the DD 1508 is WELL broken in as it is used.

Sundown SA-8 (D2) / DD 1508 (D4) :

RE: 3.28 ohms (series) / 7.48 ohms (series)

FS: 41.6 Hz / 44.6 Hz

Qes: 0.513 / 0.844

Qms: 6.606 / 9.217

Qts: 0.476 / 0.773

Le: 2.778 mH / 6.446 mH

Vas: 3.285 L / 4.672 L

BL: 17.138 N/A / 17.78 N/A

Cms: 83.341 um/N / 99.97 uM/ N

Mms: 175.654 g / 126.977 g

Sens: 78.476 dB @ 1w/1m / 78.77 dB @ 1w/1m

BL^2/RE: 89.5 / 42.26

BL^2/RE is an indication of static motor strength. Since BL doesn't tell you how strong a motor is without knowing the DCR this measure allows you to compare speakers with different DCR to each other.

For comparison shoppers this will give you an idea of what works best for you -- I couldn't find the T/S anywhere else for the 1508s so I got some :)

Side by side photos with the 1508 :

CIMG3098.JPG

CIMG3099.JPG

CIMG3100.JPG

I am re-building the SA-8 right now so I don't have a side by side cone shot :)

well that extra pic should tighten ol chicagofans wallet up even more, he will be sending the check for the light bill to you at this point, lol.

nice looking sub.

chop

well i was goin to get two SA-12's on a SAE-1000D. but now that i have seen these and the videos im really thinkin bout goin back with my original idea of four 8's and these are deffinatly the ones id go with. however i do have questions. what size amp should i go with?( im lookin at the SAZ-1500D) and i want them to really pound especially on lows, so what specs on a box would you suggest as far as cubes and tunning? also how much will the be if i dont pre-order and i just buy them when they come out?

MSRP will be around 150-175 or so... MAP will be a bit less than that but more than pre-sale.

Box size recommendation in original post :)

Use a 1500D for four, yes.

MSRP will be around 150-175 or so... MAP will be a bit less than that but more than pre-sale.

Box size recommendation in original post :)

Use a 1500D for four, yes.

well i will deffinatly be preordering before the end of the month, thats way too good of a deal to pass up.

So ive been lookin at some 8's to get, not wantin to wait for these, and thought about the dd1508. I saw you bought some to test and i was thinkin,, hmm maybe ill see youll sell them.

Then i saw the pic comparsion.. forget about the dds hah

Just in case anyone else was interested in the displacement question, Jacob has told me that .1 would be about right. I'll be ordering 4 of these hopfully by the end of this month : ) 4cubes net tuned to 32-35hz..........mmmmmmmmmmm!

thats exactly what im really thinkin of goin with on a SAZ-1500D, that is unless this guy happens to come off these solo baric 15's for a good price.

hmm... these are giving me ideas.

i know its probably hard to tell but Jacob do you think a pair of these on a ZX750.1 ported in optimal enclosure would be louder then my SSD?

hmm... these are giving me ideas.

i know its probably hard to tell but Jacob do you think a pair of these on a ZX750.1 ported in optimal enclosure would be louder then my SSD?

Everything goes down to the install, so you answered your own question (it will be hard to tell).

I'll be ordering 4 of these for sure on monday :woot:

I'll be ordering 4 of these for sure on monday :woot:

Just ordered my four sa-8's and two sae-1200d's to pushem!!!!!!!!! a true 750 watts rms per sub. per 8 inch sub on top of that!!! i'm smiling ear to ear and cannot wait to get this stuff in! man o man, how will i ever sleep tonight ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

hey jacob, i know they are not recommended sealed, and i know its kinda the same but how do you think these will do in a 4th order bp.

Edited by stealth

I am sure they would do pretty well... they will work sealed too, but ported is much better.

Money sent yesterday Jacob!!! Way excited to get these but now for the waiting game :shrug: