sundownz

Sundown SA-8 Pre-Sale

Are there any music db results yet?

Mine does 145 on music still all day long :) I can play them max volume as long as I want as the actual power used is low.

Box I'm using is far from ideal... just a modified box we had laying around.

I'll get some videos next week... it gets really violent when I open both doors. My b-pillars move like crazy.

Jacob, how much port did you have?

Two 6" aero-ports -- which is really a bit too much for four 8s tuned this low. But like I said -- we just modified an old box I had.

I'll get some videos next week... it gets really violent when I open both doors. My b-pillars move like crazy.

Ya a video would be awesome! im so excited for mine , tuesday theyre here and everything is ready for them .

my one SA-8 sounds good. ended up throwing it in the normal way not inverted. It can handle some watts i got 600-650 watts going to it. My 3in areo is too small, gets alot of port noise. prob end up making a new slot port box for two or three. Jacob how much are they now after the presale?

my one SA-8 sounds good. ended up throwing it in the normal way not inverted. It can handle some watts i got 600-650 watts going to it. My 3in areo is too small, gets alot of port noise. prob end up making a new slot port box for two or three. Jacob how much are they now after the presale?

129 +shipping

ill take a video of mine in the mornin. 6 sa-8's on one 3500d. One port is broke loose and is held by tape. and the double baffle has cracked and has a 1x10 over it screwed to keep it together for a vid. I got a bad batch of MDF that has gave me problems has a china sticker on it instead of saying chile.

Happy early birthday!!!

Same here on the MDF.... just can't get away though.... LOL

Just got back from Lowes. Is it just me or are wood prices going up?? 1 4x8 sheet was $27.84 + tax. I thought last time I bought some it was like $21 a sheet. + $15 in gas.. I hate living in BFE!

im in ocala florida MDF was 21 a sheet its 27 here also at lowes. i get my mdf from a local hardwood dealer and his price has stayed the same at 30 a sheet,

Hey guys I'm viewing my this thread from my iPhone so it's a bit difficult to read all 28 pages and I'm sure my questions have been answered already but if you don't mind.

I currently have 2 TC sounds 1000-8's. How would these compare? Are these sq or just spl subs?

All SA-8 orders except for one have either been shipped or are going to ship today.

Waiting on an address from that customer :)

PS: I let my girlfriend driver my Jeep for the first time ever last night... and now it won't start. So no videos on my 8s yet.

Girlfriend driving the ride FTL!! My wife nearly killed my 1970 Chevy heavy half with 388 stroker 350 when I let her take it for a cruise.... belt came off the water pump and she says the light never came on to tell her it was overheating...... temperature guage > HER

I know how you feel bro....

jacob can u send me tracking when u can thanx

All SA-8 orders except for one have either been shipped or are going to ship today.

Waiting on an address from that customer :)

Edited by 97T5WAGONPIMP

I made a temp box for my two and just threw it on the back seat of my truck. All I can say is damn these things are awesome. I have them in 1.2 cubes slot ported at 34hz wired at 2 ohm on my 1500d and they can easily handle more. My port is 15 sq inches, is that enough for 2 or do I need more or less? Once my video is done uploading I'll post it hear.

Edited by quiet

it should be around 12-16 sq inches each sub so around 30 for both should be good

I read through the thread and couldnt find it, but what is the displacement of one of these subs? I want to try a box at 2.0 ft tuned in the mid 30s

12-16 sq in per cu ft. Not per driver. But number of drivers and xmax is important when figuring port area as well.

The displ. is .1 per Jacob :drink40:

thanks guys. So by adding that the box in the vid is actually 1.03 tuned to 38hz with 15 sq in of port. I want to do another box today any suggestions? I was thinking 1.8-2.0 around 35hz with 30 sq in of port.

Hopfully I'll be able to give some impressions on the enclosure I'm having done (5cu or maybe a tad under w/3-4" PSP's tuned to 33hz) at some point tonight.

Sounds like a win.

sounds good to me

thanks guys. So by adding that the box in the vid is actually 1.03 tuned to 38hz with 15 sq in of port. I want to do another box today any suggestions? I was thinking 1.8-2.0 around 35hz with 30 sq in of port.

Here is a quick review on my SA-8s.

Equipment: 2009 silverado crew cab box under back seat

stock HU

RE audio comps

Four Sundown Audio SA-8s 3 cubes net @ 33hz

Sundown SAZ3000d @ 1 ohm

truck 75% sound deadened

xs power d1200 plus factory under hood

Factory 145 amp alt

First real visual impressions are HOLY COW. You seriously have to see one of these monsters in person to appreciate their mass. (and sexiness)

They appear to be built as tough as an army tank!!

Now for sound: at any volume they stay very clean and clear. My last set up was six re audio 8s and they got pretty damn loud...these sundown smoke the REs like a blunt. No comparison what so ever. im only using this as an example because thats the only comparison i have in this exact truck. I dont really know how far i can push them but i will up the volume a little more in the next few days. I almost feel like my box is a little small and i need more port.I definitly need a third battery or a high output alternator. Mad voltage drop. I have the new ipod that shuffles when you shake it hard (it shuffles from the bass). My rear view mirror appears to be just hanging on.

Overall im am extreamly happy with the lil mighty meanies.

If anything you should buy one just to show off in a 1 cube box!!!!

001-1.jpg002-1.jpg

vids