sundownz

Sundown SA-8 Pre-Sale

but in Russia you can send? =) And the cost of delivery? ZIP 628400

I can also send to Russia, I am the distributor in Italy

We have a Russian distributor -- I sent you an email this morning.

yes OffOnline, contact him

Jacob are you going to restock prior to running out?

No - the next run won't make it in time. About 90% is sold already.

No - the next run won't make it in time. About 90% is sold already.

I might have two sold to one of my friends. I will talk to him again tonight and if so I will get this done so he can experience the awesomeness that is Sundown.

Jacob,

How would these compare SQ wise to my SD1v2 10" prototypes? I would be pushing them with the 1000D, got a blazer now so mounting depth isnt a problem but I dont want to take up the whole cargo area either.

I haven't heard the SD-1 v.2 in a LONG time so hard for me to compare... but, IMO, these 8s sound very good.

Jacob, how much are recone kits? I need one for one of my sa-8s and a 12 inch nightshade. Thanks

I did... last week. I saw you were on here so I asked.

Have a back-log of emails -- working on it. If I don't have an email on file, though, it gets pretty impossible to remember what I talked to anyone about.

I understand that. I only asked because you hadn't answered my email and I saw you were on here so I asked. That's all

Have a back-log of emails -- working on it. If I don't have an email on file, though, it gets pretty impossible to remember what I talked to anyone about.

Looks like it's time to hire some underlings to handle the emails... :drink40:

Got my order for two in, just wanted to say thanks Jacob. It's been said many times before but worth saying again...damn good dood to deal with.

Killed one of mine today. Heard a rattle took it out and found this.

DSC00843.jpg

DSC00844.jpg

DSC00845.jpg

Not sure what Im going to do with it. I dont know if jacob has recone's for them yet and if its worth the price of 2 way shipping and the recone. What do you guys think I should do?

Talk to Jacob and see what needs to be done, just looks like maybe the glue came undone at most (hopefully).

Ask Jake what kind of epoxy to use to reattatch the spider.

Good luck!

That's an easy fix. No need for a re-cone.

Im guessing I just reglue it? what kind of glue, also what should i do about the hole I put in the surround?

I asked jacob about a recone for mine and he said they wont be available untill late may. i busted the surround on the bottom of my seat. i had one that the spider came unglued also. i just reglued it. works good for now

I asked jacob about a recone for mine and he said they wont be available untill late may. i busted the surround on the bottom of my seat. i had one that the spider came unglued also. i just reglued it. works good for now

what did you use?

Ordered mine earlier this week. Hope they get here safe and sound and here's to fixing your surround! :drink40:

Hey, I'm a poet and I didn't know it.

Seriously though, I hope you get it fixed earlier than May. Bummer dude.

Edited by Don Ganso

My SA-8 parts are in with the SA-10s -- could be early May.

In any event -- if you detach a spider just glue it back down with some 5-minute epoxy. Get it on the landing nice and evenly under the spider and press it down then also lay some of top in the little valley between the outside roll and the basket landing rim.

Get the kind with the long mixing tube :

Amazon.com: Henkel 1060027 Loctite 0.5-Ounce Instant-Mix 5 Minute Epoxy, Clear: Home Improvement

Available at Lowes.

It needs to be kept in mind that the SA-8 has a *VERY* strong motor (twice as strong as the other "big boy" 8s on the market)-- so if it is pushed beyond the operating range of the spider there is going to be enormous force pulling on the spider landing. I *highly* suggest looking at the power to box size thread and also using appropriate sub-sonic filters on them to keep throw in the operating range of the spider.