sundownz

Sundown SA-8 Pre-Sale

Tough call really...

Is the xmax what allows a sub to get deep? Cause I noticed your 8s have alot more xmax than the normal 8, so that makes me curious if they perform more like a 10" than an 8"??

They are 400 watts RMS.

they cant handle more than that?Or is it not recommended?

Yeah they can as long as you send clean unclipped power to them, the enclosure built will determine it, if your gains are set right, if you can control the volume knob wisely and if you can sense signs of stress. The question is for how long and how much power you want to throw at them?

They are 400 watts RMS.

Yeah they can as long as you send clean unclipped power to them, the enclosure built will determine it, if your gains are set right, if you can control the volume knob wisely and if you can sense signs of stress. The question is for how long and how much power you want to throw at them?

To start i have 2 orion d5000"s 2500 rms@1ohm/1600@2ohms and wanted to run 2 on 1 amp 2 ohm and the other 2 the same. that would put 800 watts per sub.have all proper tools to test for clipping.i dont think they would handle a 1 ohm load that would be 1250 per sub

They are 400 watts RMS.

That is the official rating -- if you run more power it's up to you.

What is the Xmax for the SA-8

Linear Xmax by 70% BL method is 16.5mm -- usable throw is closer to 25mm or so before the frame runs out of room, and they can move that far.

I was wondering if the pre-sale of these subs is still going on? I would like to do two 8's in a ported enclosure under ther rear seat of my 08 Crew Cab Sierra. I was going to do two RL-i but am being told I will need about 1.5 to 2 cu. ft. gross to make an optimal box. And from what I have seen most people are only getting about .75 - 1.0 cu ft. Do you know the recommended size enclosure for these subs? Would you recommend these subs for what I am wanting to do?

Enclosure suggestion is in the first post -- they will work in your volume fine.

Pre-sale is still on.

Here's a single box I worked out. It turned is turning out nice. I just need to get a flush trim bit to trim the baffle.

Height 16

Width 16

Depth 12

Area 1.28 cu ft Gross

Port

Height 1

Width 10.5

Length 25

Tune to 33 Hz

Cut Sheet

Baffle 16 x 12

Bottom 16 x 12

Sides 10.5 x 14.5

Front and back 16 x 14.5

Jacob if you approve I'll leave it up just let me know.

Port

10.5 x 12.25

10.5 x 12.75

Net volume (deduct port and sub displacement)

.92 cu ft

I fabbed up the box put in the port and then use the router to cut out the mouth of the port.

Edited by Soapbox

Well, Looks Like I'll Be Using These In My "OMGWTF THOSE ARE 8"s?!?!?!?!?!" Setup.

That's the response I'm hoping for as well. I can't wait for someone to ask "what you got in there, 15's?" I can tell them "nah, just some 8's" LOL!

That's the response I'm hoping for as well. I can't wait for someone to ask "what you got in there, 15's?" I can tell them "nah, just some 8's" LOL!

funny you said that.... i just ordered 4 sa-8's and 2 1200d's to push'em and thats the exact response im looking for too!!!!!

Dual-4 SA-8 Specs:

RE: 6.08 ohms

Fs: 44.66 Hz

Qes: 0.594

Qms: 6.337

Qts: 0.545

Le: 4.26 mH

VAS: 4.44 L

BL: 21.20 N/A

Cms: 80.8 uM/N

Mms: 157 g

Sens: 80.06 @ 1w/1m

BL^2/RE: 73.92

Hello everyone.

How long will the SA-8 pre-sale be available?

I'm looking to replace (1) 12" eclipse 88120 dvc (1.55 ci. ported ) in the back of my ranger ( extended cab ) . I need to figure out if I can fit 3 or 4 of these back there and stay below the rear window.

Jacob I have been estimating the SD for renderings. What is the SD? So I'm not spinning my wheels.

Thx

Jacob I have been estimating the SD for renderings. What is the SD? So I'm not spinning my wheels.

Thx

I doubt Jacob measured, so just take the cone body diameter plus 1/3 the width of the surround.