sundownz

Sundown SA-8 Pre-Sale

Getting there, I better hurry up and pay.

Why you guys getting in a hurry you don't even have a home for them to nestle in. Jacob can send all of them here I have enough boxes built for 9 of them.

gallery_11399_358_1473.jpg

gallery_11399_358_897864.jpg

Isn't the prices on them a special for pre order? I'd rather pay less now than more later.

Some people I know think I'm an idiot for wanting 8's in my suburban, I'm hearing everything from 8's won't sound good in a Suburban because theres too much cabin space to 8's can't go low like a 15"

Besides, if I spend the money now I'll be that much less likely to decide on cheaping out and using some of the old equipment sitting in my basement the last 8-10 years.

Edited by shakes

Getting there, I better hurry up and pay.

Why you guys getting in a hurry you don't even have a home for them to nestle in. Jacob can send all of them here I have enough boxes built for 9 of them.

uh, well, if i am correct, ol' mike should be about done with chucks box, or dam close to it....

but more important, carl casper is on the 19th, 20th, and 21st. and we are really wanting to be able to hit the show with the 8"s.

even if we are installing at the show, lol.

do you have 9 ordered?

chop

Yep, Mike should be getting it done sometime tonight :drink40:

Where's the sneak a peak? I want to see the inside not the closed up version. Nah but I did get the 4th one. You guys are going to the show with no testing? Ykes :trippy: Testing should be pretty easy for me, so far I have boxes tuned to 30, 32, & 40 and one kerfed planed for 35. But you folks probably know some of the variables prior to the show.

just wondering, how mush does the SA-8 weigh?

My scale is broken (too many heavy subs on it I suppose)... but around 20 lbs or so.

just wondering, how mush does the SA-8 weigh?

My scale is broken (too many heavy subs on it I suppose)... but around 20 lbs or so.

really , i think im going to loose the bet ! im way off ;)

Are these things on the Boat yet?

Hey Sundownz, I placed an order with you Saturday, did you recieve the emails?

Probably... I am about 75 emails behind right now. If you send me another message with your real name then I can check.

Thank you again, I figured you were busy. Was just wanting to make sure, you've got an email coming.

would 4 of these work well with a sundown 1200?

Yup.

Jacob, what is the displacement of the SA-8's, I'm guessing less than .15cuft?

Edited by Alton

I was told by Jacob that displacement is about .1cu

Great, Thanks!

I know the rec. enclosure is up to 1cu ported but is 1.25cu per sub too high? I'm going to be running 4 powered by a SAZ-1500D @ 1ohm.

I know the rec. enclosure is up to 1cu ported but is 1.25cu per sub too high? I'm going to be running 4 powered by a SAZ-1500D @ 1ohm.

Might sacrifice a little power handling but shouldn't be too much.

Thanks Oldskool, that's what I was thinking on losing some power handling. I'm not one of those people that listen at higher levels or send lots of power over rms to my equipment. I don't have a oscope or know anyone that does to set the gains %100 correct. I figure that I can listen and smell for problems, along with backing down the gain.

I'm about 2.5hrs from you, but I have an O-scope and true rms meters, clamps you're welcome to use if you're ever traveling this way.

That goes for anyone on the forum, if you're ever around and need some test equipment, just let me know.

Edited by Alton

Right on bro :drink40: ! Once the weather breaks and we get decent temps I'll be hitting you up.