Sign in to follow this  
thebiggmann12

mmatts juggernaut

hey guys, i have an 18 fi q right now, i was offered a trade for a 15" mmatts juggernaut. i have heard of them but i have never heard them. does nebody have an idea of what i should do? i like loud low bass. i have a 1600 watt hifonics monoblock, and can build whatever box i need to.

I believe the juggernauts are pure SPL speakrs (or was that the Dreadnauts :/ ) lol

The juggernauts slam real hard, but i ain't ever heard a Q.

I'm thinking that it would be close to a SPL sub traded for a SQ sub. .

But i'd take the opinion of someone who's heard both subs before mine anyday.

-check the prices on a 15 jugg compared to what you paid for the 18 Q, - and check around some forums on what people say about the juggy-

Edited by loveeemachine

hey guys, i have an 18 fi q right now, i was offered a trade for a 15" mmatts juggernaut. i have heard of them but i have never heard them. does nebody have an idea of what i should do? i like loud low bass. i have a 1600 watt hifonics monoblock, and can build whatever box i need to.

Honestly to me it seems like your not impressed or happy with your Q, what are your goals and what are you lacking that you think you would want a juggernaut (those are the questions you should answer first, then we can see if you need another sub or not).

im really just trying to get the most out of what i have...i like really loud bass, preferably in the lower frequency region. i just really dont wanna spend any more money lol beings that i have none.

im really just trying to get the most out of what i have...i like really loud bass, preferably in the lower frequency region. i just really dont wanna spend any more money lol beings that i have none.

Maybe you should of put 2-15"s or 3-12"s in there to get what you want but after a certain point your Q's will not get any louder just like subs in general. I think your just looking for a little more out of your sub than it can give you thats all. If you like songs in the low region doesnt mean you should of got a Q (I think you probably want something like a BL tuned low or something). Just my .02

yea i wish i woulda got a bl but i got a deal on the q off of some guy on craigslist and got it cheap thats why i got it, it was a major increase from the 2 12" 9500's i had before. im gonna try to get rid of this and get like 2 good 15"s or 2 or 3 good 12"s.

i would have to look up the specs of both.... as well as the impressions giving and the applicationds in which both subs show up alot in.... use youtube or roe as a tool to see this...

is more powere a option soon?

you can get a decent low response from quite a few subs in that range, and be rather loud, with the properly tuned enclosure..... seeing that you can throw your own together = ftw

i believe the mmats sub is more aggressive with the right amp / box combo.

chop

look up big kidz on you tube..... that is one install i remembered.... :popcorn:

The single 18" Fi Q is a 'major increase' than the pair of DD9500 series 12's? Were they f's or g's? Wow. What enclosure were the DD's in? How much power did you have? The pair of 12's would have been at home in 2.8ft3 net @ 38-40hz(in most cases). No doubt about it though...the Q is geared more towards sealed or smaller, low tuned enclosures. I've found that most Maxxsonics products in the last 6+ years are overrated by about 20%~ and the first year failure rate is on the high side. The only amps by Maxxsonics that are decent(usually)are the XX series. They are much more money. The XX-Goliath I believe it was, did 92% of rated output @ 14.4V. Actual output - 4636 watts.

The single 18" Fi Q is a 'major increase' than the pair of DD9500 series 12's? Were they f's or g's? Wow. What enclosure were the DD's in? How much power did you have? The pair of 12's would have been at home in 2.8ft3 net @ 38-40hz(in most cases). No doubt about it though...the Q is geared more towards sealed or smaller, low tuned enclosures. I've found that most Maxxsonics products in the last 6+ years are overrated by about 20%~ and the first year failure rate is on the high side. The only amps by Maxxsonics that are decent(usually)are the XX series. They are much more money. The XX-Goliath I believe it was, did 92% of rated output @ 14.4V. Actual output - 4636 watts.

...I Think He Means MTX 9500 Series, No Offense To The OP, But He Seems Like Someone That Doesn't Run DD Products.

the box is ported, and tuned to 28 hz at 6.3 cubes after displacement. and no i have never ran dd, ive heard that they dont like the low low bass, i could have heard wrong tho lol. the videos really dont do any justice on youtube, its one of those things that u really have to see for yourself. i mite just meet up with the guy and throw his stuff in my car and see how it sounds and then go from there.

I don't know about you guys, but i think "juggernaut" is a cool sounding word. shrug.gif

Edited by DeepSubBoy

It was a pretty good and well respected SPL sub back in the day. Do they even still make them?