loveeemachine

Tickets for loud music

Now i don't condone riding through your nieghboorhood and constantly pound your subs just because your can and feel like being a meanie.

I'm sure alot of you have tickets for loud music, but i was wondering.

Have any of you tried to fight them, or just paid them?

I'm thinking if the cop comes up to you and starts talking about the music.

Aslong as you don't open up your trunk and just agree with him WITHOUT admitting to the crime, and lead the cop to believe you will just pay the ticket.

Technically if you plan on defeneding that ticket you could tell the judge.

I don't know why he gave me this ticket, but i'd never argue with a cop.

-I was not playing really loud music as accused.

Basically for the courts to give you a ticket, they have to be able to prove it<-

The cop could not have any proof, if you did NOT admit to playing loud music while talking with him, (yes cops write down what you say whenever they're in their cars and your waiting)

-Hence, they come up and say *Do you know why i pulled you over* , if you say 'ya i was travelling a little fast' , you just admitted to speeding. . . (same with subs, ya i had my music up a little)

Anyways, if the cop didn't see any sub's and you didn't admit.

I don't see any way that you could not beat that ticket.

Sry for so much text but law takes explaining.

What do you guys think?

I kinda agree.

The cop would have the burden of proving if it was you that was playing loud music. If you act "stupid" like you don't have a system in the trunk. I guess you could get away with it.

Can't say the same thing with a wall. :woot:

I kinda agree.

The cop would have the burden of proving if it was you that was playing loud music. If you act "stupid" like you don't have a system in the trunk. I guess you could get away with it.

Can't say the same thing with a wall. :woot:

Hell yeah because a wall is your way of basically telling on yourself, "hey you know it was me beating and here's my system right behing my head can you see it officer".

hahahahaha lol clap.gif

So you want to lie to get out of something you deserve? If you broke the law why wouldn't you have to pay the ticket? Don't be a social menace and you won't get a ticket.

I hate to tell you, but really their gonna do what they wanna do. you get to court and tell the judge it wasnt you and now its your word against the officers. guess who wins. its not like it used to be where the citing officer has to show up to the hearing or the ticket is dropped.

Ive been pulled over because it was "visually apparent that I was travelling 37 in a 25", word for word, thats how the officers report read, and I still got stuck with the ticket in court, because I had no proof that I wasnt, and I had no lawyer by my side.

I got pulled over once because of my stereo, he came up behind me at a stop sign, and when he pulled me over I told him I didnt think I had it that loud so he told me that when I drove by the chevron he was inside it shook the buildings door (one ported 12 off maybe 500 watts/HIGHLY DOUBT I shook a building 100 feet away)

but he went to his car and I guess saw I had a speeding ticket 10 minutes prior (was in a bad mood about the ticket which is why I had the system cranked) so he let me go.

and signing the ticket they give you isnt an admission of guilt, but if you really get uptight about the fact that you didnt do it then your probably going down to the station (which maybe backs up your case more/maybe not). thats almost happened to me, but I figured Id rather sign and sleep at home that night.

if they want to be uptight about it, you cant get away with anything, I heard the law is 50 feet away you cant be heard, well I can turn about any stock stereo up loud enough for that.

and it's not about subs, it's about sound amplification system. which is any stereo in the car. yes, i can write you for having your factory stereo up loud enough to be heard 75ft away. and playing dumb to get out of it? lol, you can try. and yes, i'll be in court with you, why wouldn't i be? it's overtime! in a nutshell, and this may not necessarly apply to all states, but when it comes to a petty offense, the officer's word is golden. and it'll typically cost you more in lawyer's fees to beat the ticket then to just pay the ticket.

it also depends on what statute i write you on...city? minimum of $250 fine and mandatory court appearance. state? $50 fine and you're done. it's typically written on the state statute as there is far less paperwork, lol.

(625 ILCS 5/12‑611) (from Ch. 95 1/2, par. 12‑611)

Sec. 12‑611. No driver of any motor vehicle within this State shall operate or permit operation of any sound amplification system which can be heard outside the vehicle from 75 or more feet when the vehicle is being operated upon a highway, unless such system is being operated to request assistance or warn of a hazardous situation.

This Section does not apply to authorized emergency vehicles.

Any violation of the provisions of this Section shall be a petty offense punishable by a fine not to exceed $50.

(Source: P.A. 91‑919, eff. 1‑1‑01.)

see anything in there about subwoofers only? nope, me either.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

never heard something like this, getting ticket because of loud music, wtf. Well in Estonia (located in europe) 7:00am - 11:00pm, you can pound as much as you want.

i've never been pulled over but i got my driving privilages taken away at school for a week bc i pulled in one morning and the windows rattled a bunch.

yes, i can write you for having your factory stereo up loud enough to be heard 75ft away.

The son of a lady I used to work with got a ticket for noise ordinance violation with his OEM system.

Anyways...as has been stated, good luck getting a judge to believe the officer is in effect lying or mistaken. Won't happen. The officer doesn't really need proof...the ticket is the proof. It'll end up being your job to prove it didn't happen...and even if you could prove it didn't happen with "witnesses" for example, chances of the ticket being dropped are slim.

Slightly off-topic but demonstrates my point...young lad that used to work for me was at the lake with some buddies. Him and his buddies were in a few different boats, and one kid tossed a beer can from one boat to another. DNR officer also happened to be on said lake, and the DNR officer claimed he "saw" the beer can not land in the other boat, but land in the lake and wrote the kid a ticket for littering. The can didn't land in the lake, it did in fact land in the boat. But the officer couldn't be persuaded at the scene that it didn't land in the lake, and when they went to court even with the eye witnesses who saw the can land in the boat....the judge upheld the ticket, siding with the officer.

Is it fair? Probably not. But it is what it is.

uh, so you do have subs and amplifier installed in your trunk? ones that in which upoun visual inspection, suggest the ability to get loud? this is what you are thinking of hiding? Why, again are you wanting to hide them from the proof of your sound system?

just not sure if i personally ever got pulled over for nothing, i have my ticket proudly displayed as a trophy in another post, so i am not being a hypocrit (sp?) here. if you indeed was not playing it loud.... then no, don't hide it , but speak your mind in court in your defense, at least you will have told your side..... not sure hiding something is not sort of admitting it is indeed wrong?

has he perhaps heard it before or perhaps a complaint call sparked his intial arrival? don't know, just asking.... our cops don't fuck with you unless you are in the wrong..... like i was! 4 12"s @ 4K, doing 146's.......write it up, i got caught.... the trophy part was we were on the strip

every one is banging, we were just alot louder, lol.......... ticket said bass could be heard 200 feet away setting off car alarms! priceless.

we respect our neighborhood fully and we abuse our cruise strips equally....

do you have a area where it is considered okay?

yeah, I say if you feel you need to hide anything , you are sorta guilty....pay it....and also post a build log up, we want to see it!!!!

if you feel there is no way it was you, keep it in there , but be sure to at least tell your side in the court room.

chop

and it's not about subs, it's about sound amplification system. which is any stereo in the car. yes, i can write you for having your factory stereo up loud enough to be heard 75ft away. and playing dumb to get out of it? lol, you can try. and yes, i'll be in court with you, why wouldn't i be? it's overtime! in a nutshell, and this may not necessarly apply to all states, but when it comes to a petty offense, the officer's word is golden. and it'll typically cost you more in lawyer's fees to beat the ticket then to just pay the ticket.

it also depends on what statute i write you on...city? minimum of $250 fine and mandatory court appearance. state? $50 fine and you're done. it's typically written on the state statute as there is far less paperwork, lol.

Sec. 12‑611. No driver of any motor vehicle within this State shall operate or permit operation of any sound amplification system which can be heard outside the vehicle from 75 or more feet when the vehicle is being operated upon a highway, unless such system is being operated to request assistance or warn of a hazardous situation.

Any violation of the provisions of this Section shall be a petty offense punishable by a fine not to exceed $50.

with no attempt to judge here, just geniunally curious, what sort of setup / install do you have, if any?

o, and when it says "HIGHWAY" , what, if any diffrerance is that to, well lets say street, parking lot, driveway, or private property...... once again, just curious????

thanks

chop

about a month ago my boy was going to lunch from school.. he was at a stop light.. and then a guy in a surburen runs in to the back of him.. then he does it agin, then while the kid is getting out he does it agin... the kid says what are you doing ? the old guys says ! i don't want to hear your F...king music.... light turns green and the old man takes off... the kid followed him and got his plate number and called the cops... the cops acted like it was a waste of there time ( my kid called me and i showed up right after the cop did... anyway the old guy told the cop he dropped his cell phone.... his insurenace payed to fix the kids bumper.. 2007 saturn auroa... never did say anything about his music...

about a month ago my boy was going to lunch from school.. he was at a stop light.. and then a guy in a surburen runs in to the back of him.. then he does it agin, then while the kid is getting out he does it agin... the kid says what are you doing ? the old guys says ! i don't want to hear your F...king music.... light turns green and the old man takes off... the kid followed him and got his plate number and called the cops... the cops acted like it was a waste of there time ( my kid called me and i showed up right after the cop did... anyway the old guy told the cop he dropped his cell phone.... his insurenace payed to fix the kids bumper.. 2007 saturn auroa... never did say anything about his music...

:ehh:

my gramps use to say "it takes all kinds" .... referring to it takes all kinds of people to make the world intresting!!!

it sure does!

i got a ticket last month... see the line of work im in i know all the cops.... and this guy is a true police.... so he wrote me up... 360 bucks....

about 2 years ago i moved my family out here from fla... long story short i got her a job at a auto parts store and well the cop is a regular.... so he goes into the store and my mom helps him every time.. she told him i was her son.. and well he turned it in as a warning for my mom ... not me....

anyhow.. it was enough to make me stop my wreckless pounding ... so now its only on the interstate or theback roads....

I got almost $1000 dollars in tickets this year, and I got set up for the last one. It was ridiculous.

I've never had a ticket, or even a warning for a noise violation. Simply because I'm responsible, I don't crank it unless I'm on the highway or have my windows up.

And on the police officer thing, they don't need proof. All they need is a suspicion that it was you playing the loud music.

Yeah, but bass travels a lot further, which is usually what ends up getting people the tickets.

lol, old guys can be kinda weird.

I was on my way to work once, and I went over the the yellow line, and then spit, and swerved to the white line to avoid it(I know it will rarely land on the car, but I had just washed and waxed it, so I was being cautious) and the guy ahead of me was this old guy that lived a few houses down from me in my neighborhood. when we got to the next stop sign he got out of his truck and came back to my car and started yelling at me for driving drunk... lol

back to the topic though, Ive realized that honesty works alot better than trying to make excuses or hide anything. like a friend of mine, had his stereo on in the driveway. nothing too loud, but you could probably hear the bass a little bit in a couple of the neighbors houses. anyways, he gets up and goes and turns it way down (to where even we could barely hear it) because he said it was getting late and didnt want a complaint (about 8pm). the cops had already been called though and showed up about 4-5 minutes after turning it down. and instead of just telling the cops that they had just turned it down because of the time or anything like that, his wife tells the cops it couldnt have been them because she "literally just pulled into the driveway". I just went inside so I wouldnt have to be involved at all, but they were there for about 20 minutes checking id's and arguing with this chick because she thought a lie would be better than the truth.

I almost got another noise ordinance ticket a few weeks ago for riding through a neighborhood, and I honestly didn't think you could hear it outside of the car. (I've never heard my own car driving down the road. My neighborhood isn't that bad yet.) But I got out of the ticket because I told the cop that I didn't know it was loud enough to hear outside of the car.

YOU GUYS HAVE TO SEE THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY. there is a channel on youtube that is dedicated to stop people from having systems in their cars.

there is this congressman who's work is dedicated to stop the "boom cars"

http://www.youtube.com/user/noboomcars

There is videos galore in there from alot of different cities about their noise laws and news reports about them and everything.

I spent hours watching these videos one night and I was baffled.

boom cars huh?? thats so stupid. and they take your car too?! Thats just to make money like they care if you bump, its easy money ticket, tow, pay here and pay here...come on now

I have serious doubt that anything like this will ever get passed. Seems like the same pointless threat I heard 06 that they were trying to get heavy metal permanently banned.