Sign in to follow this  
Smanleyman

Looking to get 6.5" component set

So lately one of my friends insists that we "have a concert" every time were in my car because hes never really heard any good speaker setups and mines the best hes heard, but all I have are kicker ssmb6 midbass on ~55 watts and 3.5 coaxials in pods on the a pillars run off the HU. The sound impresses him but if its going to be a concert I want a louder more full sound. I dont know much about what component sets are good and I was hoping for some input as to what I should get, assuming a passive component set will be a decent improvement. SQ isnt the most important thing, I really just want a loud clear full sound. This is going in my honda accord and I only have about 2" of mounting depth so I have to make a baffle no matter what, but 3" depth is probably the maximum. I want to spend less than 300 on this, and the cheaper the better.

Ive looked at the following so far...

Rainbow SLC, SLC kick, NG, i really dont know the difference in these nor could I find much info

Image dynamics CTX65CS

Morel tempo 6

Focal 165 v1

Im know there are plenty more out there and Im looking for the loudest fullest sound I can get while still being clear off of my 55w x 4 amp.

Thanks ahead of time for any input.

Check you personal messages.

Sometimes it takes time just with placement to get the sound to be a little 'fuller'. I have heard the ID's in your list, and they sound very good for the $180 price IMO. Alpine SPX-17ref's are around $190. The JBL GTi C608's($250) mids are very beefy and might be a pain. The JBL's need at least 150wrms to shine however. The Pioneer Premier TS-C720PRS have a nice sound but they are up around $270. No matter what, I'd either try to find a little more power(on the cheap)or bridge the amp to the front soundstage.

watching this thread, gotta learn what i want to save up for.....

jay-cee.......... i seen your post!!

might give you a hollar soon....

chop

In my experience, focals will basically get the loudest per watt. they are great speakers for getting loud and clear, and have quite a bit of quality. unless you are upgrading amp, I would highly recommend going with focal. they make some smaller coax too for you to replace your pillars with the kickers.

if upgrading power, the morels are probably the best quality speaker on the list, rainbow makes fantastic products, but are really more well known for their upper lines which will far surpass your $300 dollar mark. kind of the same for morel, but if you can find morels for less than 300 dollars go for it.