Sign in to follow this  
04navi

do i need a high output alternator???

how do i know if i need a high output alternator??? i have 2x15 inch fully loaded btls on a lanzar opti drive 6000d and 2 additional lanzar opti drives for highs 100x4 each.. i currently have 2 kinetik 2400 batteries one in the front and 1 in the back...

thanks advance!!!!

Unless your vehicle came with a 200A+ alternator.. its time to upgrade.

6000w with only two 2400's is never a good idea. I'd bet your voltage is dropping into the mid 10's isn't it?

You'll want to either look into a dual 200a alt option or a single 300-350a.

Check out excessive amperage. They have great alts. I have a 200amper with a SAX-50.4 and a SAZ-3500D and it works pretty well.

Ya if you want to really hear what those BTL's will sound like, get a h/o alt. With all that power, you cant be keeping up voltage wise. What kind of vehicle and alt in it? There is a lot of companies that can provide you with a high output alternator. What is your budget? For something like that I would go with at least a 200 amp but 250 or 300 will do even better. You already have a couple batts so thats good but how is the rest of your electrical?

Edited by bigrank916

Check out excessive amperage. They have great alts. I have a 200amper with a SAX-50.4 and a SAZ-3500D and it works pretty well.

Have you even hooked up your system and played it for awhile at full tilt to be giving this advice.

To the OP, you know you need a HO alternator when your voltage is dropping like crazy and you arent getting full output from your equipment. Get a voltmeter, a HO alternator and probably another batttery to be on the safe side. Just my .02

budget is not an issue, i was only able to locate a power master 250amp high output alt....would that be sufficient enough?? i would like a 300-350, just want to get something good in one shot and not have to worry about my electrical power.. im also gonna be doing the big 3 this weekend have not had the time to upgrade the wires..

i have a 2004 Lincoln Navigator

budget is not an issue, i was only able to locate a power master 250amp high output alt....would that be sufficient enough?? i would like a 300-350, just want to get something good in one shot and not have to worry about my electrical power.. im also gonna be doing the big 3 this weekend have not had the time to upgrade the wires..

Get in touch with DC Power, they have 350-375 daily alts. And a 400 amp alt in the works.

I am looking into the 375 myself. :)

As long as you get one with at least a 250 amp rating you should be fine. However make sure it puts out a nice amount at ideal

Get in touch with DC Power, they have 350-375 daily alts. And a 400 amp alt in the works.

x2!!!

x2!!!

The DC's I am looking into do 160+ at idle as well :)

Powermaster does not offer 250A alternators for daily applications. Perhaps you are thinking of the XS Power 250A alts for audio applications. Since this is the XS Power forum, that is what I will have to suggest ;) The idle output is as much as 160A+... which is as much or more than we have tested from any other alt manufacturer.