Sign in to follow this  
Hell-Razor

Which coils do I want?

Well I am not sure what I want here. The level 5 15" woofer can come with several different type of coils -- d.7 d1 d1.4 or d2. If I get d2 then I can wire it to 1 ohm, but then why not just get the d1? Or could I not wire that to 1ohm and it would be pushed to .5 ohms (which I would not prefer doing seeing as SAZ are unstable below .9 ohms I believe).

Oh and I am using a SAZ-3500D on a single level 5 15"

Edited by Hell-Razor

A Dual 1 ohm woofer can only be wired to .5 or 2 ohms. Your best bet would be to get the DVC2 option.

Well I am not sure what I want here. The level 5 15" woofer can come with several different type of coils -- d.7 d1 d1.4 or d2. If I get d2 then I can wire it to 1 ohm, but then why not just get the d1? Or could I not wire that to 1ohm and it would be pushed to .5 ohms (which I would not prefer doing seeing as SAZ are unstable below .9 ohms I believe).

Oh and I am using a SAZ-3500D on a single level 5 15"

If that was me, I would wire to .5ohm. Just to get a little more power out of the amp, as the woofer can take 4k all day.

But the question is, do you have the electrical to back a 3500 at .5? You could also run it at .7, which would be nice as well.

I have two batterys (a starter and a huge one in the trunk) and a 200amp alt. I dont think I could handle .5 ohms

SAZ's are stable down to .5 ohms, see the testing, he even tested 2 saz's strapped down to .16 ohms, which I believe sent the amp into protect. I wouldn't go under .5 but it is defiantly safe and able to wire it at .5

Be smart and run your equipment they way the owner who makes and tests them says to do (yeah 1 ohms stable amps can be ran below 1 ohms but they may shorten the life of the amp), and for those extra watts which really wont be noticeable maybe barley by the meter and not ear is not worth it plus the extra stress on your amplifier.

Get the Dual 2 ohm coils and wire it in parallel:

1_2ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

if it was me and i had a good eletrical system to back that up i would get the d1 and run at .5 its not going to hurt that amp if u have the electrical to back it up bc its going to be sucking alot of juice

Please dont post, just to post.

Edited by bigrank916

just get a D 2 or a D 1.4 if you are questioning your electrical at all dont run your amp at .5

Yeah you can either daisy chain the sub and send one set of speaker wires to the amp or you can just run all one wire from all four voice coils and match them up to a speaker terminal on the amp.

+1 on sub to +1 on amp

-1 on sub to -1 on amp

+2 on sub to +2 on amp

-2 on sub to -2 on amp

Either way will yield in the same results.