mbarber25

Bass Booster on iPod/iPhone

ok so i have an Alpine CDA-9886 as my headunit. and ofcourse i have the ipod hook up so i can use my ipod and iphone. as any one with an ipod or iphone would know that it has the EQ option to use bass boost

so what my question is. am i alright to leave the bass boost on the ipod or iphone? or is that still a bad idea.

i'm well aware that any type of bass boost or loudness settings on the headunit or amp is mostly all of the time a no no

but i've never really been sure about this. it might be different for the ipod settings since it's i guess you can say, "controlled by the headunit" or something of that wording, so those settings might cancel out. but i'm not sure. it's mainly out of curiosity.. i noticed twice that with the bass boost on the ipod that significantly sounds better.

thanks in advance!

i have the iphone

where the heck is the eq for bass boost

go to settings

down to ipod

then EQ

whala!

lol

Don't, It May Sound Better On Headphones, But It's Gonna Act As A Bass Boost Like The One On Your Amp Or HU, And The Voltage That A Ipod Input Has Can Actually Send Shit Into Clipping, If I'm Correct. I Always Leave Mine Off.

Don't, It May Sound Better On Headphones, But It's Gonna Act As A Bass Boost Like The One On Your Amp Or HU, And The Voltage That A Ipod Input Has Can Actually Send Shit Into Clipping, If I'm Correct. I Always Leave Mine Off.

alright. turning it off on my iPhone as I type. haha

thanks man.

I'd say use it if you want. It's pretty easy to tell when headphone speakers are stressing. Plus if it's just those ipod headphones, those things are like 5 bucks so replacement isn't as big of a concern as a $300 sub. And I've never heard of anybody blowing headphone speakers. maybe you have, but it seems to be pretty hard to do.

I'd say use it if you want. It's pretty easy to tell when headphone speakers are stressing. Plus if it's just those ipod headphones, those things are like 5 bucks so replacement isn't as big of a concern as a $300 sub. And I've never heard of anybody blowing headphone speakers. maybe you have, but it seems to be pretty hard to do.

I was wondering if it was ok to use in my car.

I use my iPod just for my car about 90% of the time. and the other ten when I use headphones I always have bass boost on.

Oh, in your car. I guess I glanced over that part in your first post. No, I wouldn't use it there. Have it be flat. Using it on the Ipod is the same thing as using it on the head unit or amplifier.

Oh, in your car. I guess I glanced over that part in your first post. No, I wouldn't use it there. Have it be flat. Using it on the Ipod is the same thing as using it on the head unit or amplifier.

alright. thanks

i wish it wasn't so. it's definitely a tad louder and hits harder with bass boost on..

i wish i had an oscilloscope to set the gain at its peak without clipping.. doing it with a dmm is wackkkkkk

alright. thanks

i wish it wasn't so. it's definitely a tad louder and hits harder with bass boost on..

i wish i had an oscilloscope to set the gain at its peak without clipping.. doing it with a dmm is wackkkkkk

Bass Boost will always make your system hit harder but it doesnt mean you have to use it (it centers the bass around a 45Hz frequency, which is why it seems louder).

Regurgitation Of The Same Information, Lol.

Regurgitation Of The Same Information, Lol.

lmao I know.

case closed ;)

it will make it sound like shit........to much going to the subs

i've accidentally used it before. and I didn't sound lik shit at all. haha

well good luck i wouldn't keep useing it but hey its yours !!!!!!!!!!!

well good luck i wouldn't keep useing it but hey its yours !!!!!!!!!!!

I used it twice by mistake. and I don't plan on it again...

I use my ipod also but i dont have it on the bass boost eq...i went through all the different EQ's and found "electrical" to sound the best and also make my subs a tad bit louder without my door speakers sounding like shit (like they did with the "bass booster" on)

try it out and see how it sounds

If it is going to cause failure of a speaker, it will be mechanical. You can hear when you're pushing a speaker too far. And if you can't, you'll know when it does fail. :)

Bottom line, don't bother with it.

yea i don't use any EQ's.

i did twice by accident and never again.