Sign in to follow this  
subw123

ssa xcon 18

will the xcon handle 3000rms?? i know it says 1750 rms but i see alot of people over powering it? and can u get any upgrades on this sub >??

will the xcon handle 3000rms?? i know it says 1750 rms but i see alot of people over powering it? and can u get any upgrades on this sub >??

If you have to ask then run them at 1750 rms (why do people want to run 3000rms to their xcon, or double the power thats RECOMMENDED BY THE COMPANY to their subwoofer). Just because you see someone doing something does not mean you need to do it. There gonna perform how they should with 1500-1750 rms (what they recommend), give them 3000 rms and see how long it last.

What kind of setup do you have? Why are you wanting to feed all that power to just 1? Why not 2? What do you drive?

But yes you can do whatever you want. Thats why you are the one responsible if anything should happen.

What kind of setup do you have? Why are you wanting to feed all that power to just 1? Why not 2? What do you drive?

But yes you can do whatever you want. Thats why you are the one responsible if anything should happen.

only have the money for 1. iwant to run it on an ap 3000 i drive a volvo wagon!

How bout you buy 1 and then another 1 later (you dont have to throw your system in right away). Either get another better amp and buy one sub or just buy some other cheaper subs that will take that power. Use common sense when buying things, dont buy a 3000 rms amp but dont have the money to buy a sub(s) that can take the amps power. Or just buy one amp and run it at 4 ohms instead of the two ohm final load it can take (just cause your amp is 2 ohm stable at 3000 rms doesnt mean you have to use it, thats why amps have other ratings at other ohm loads).

How bout you buy 1 and then another 1 later (you dont have to throw your system in right away). Either get another better amp and buy one sub or just buy some other cheaper subs that will take that power. Use common sense when buying things, dont buy a 3000 rms amp but dont have the money to buy a sub(s) that can take the amps power. Or just buy one amp and run it at 4 ohms instead of the two ohm final load it can take (just cause your amp is 2 ohm stable at 3000 rms doesnt mean you have to use it, thats why amps have other ratings at other ohm loads).

i know that but see im only 15 and i rarley get money i first was going to get a dc level 5 18 but i want something thats going to have sound quality and be loud ass hell!

i know that but see im only 15 and i rarley get money i first was going to get a dc level 5 18 but i want something thats going to have sound quality and be loud ass hell!

You dont want SQ. You are trying to throw 3k at a driver. You are 15 and want to be the loudest at your school. I called it out on another post already. Lets be real and just start with the basics instead of getting emotion.

No such thing as sound quality and loud ass hell, just stop trying to rush it. Exactly why I said save your money so you can do it right the first time instead of messing stuff up.

You dont want SQ. You are trying to throw 3k at a driver. You are 15 and want to be the loudest at your school. I called it out on another post already. Lets be real and just start with the basics instead of getting emotion.

??????????/ what? and i actually know alot i just want a diff sub that beats harder!

Stop posting in all these topics you made, now people are giving you the same advice. Just post in one of them to make things easier, your crowding up the forum man with the redundancy. Stop with all the questions mark, you only use one in school after a sentence and we do the same here (correct grammar and spelling, part of the rules your supposed to be reading but obviously you dont care to read them).

??????????/ what? and i actually know alot i just want a diff sub that beats harder!

Then start posting what you have done to the car and some other shit. We know exactly what you want. Tell us what you have and how much money you have to get it.

Then start posting what you have done to the car and some other shit. We know exactly what you want. Tell us what you have and how much money you have to get it.

i have an optima battery for now gettin 2 hc 2000 and an 250 amp alt. 1 run of 1/0 welding cable. big 3 in 2/0 when i get alt. 4 infinity door speakers. a dual radio. an audiopipe ap 3000. an valor 1000.4. an lanzar 1533d in 5.33cubic foot box tuned too 35 hz and if i forgot anything else let me know!

Get a better headunit, it seems like you got this installing under your belt (know just flip a coin between the 18" subwoofer you want and go for it). This decision process is up to you know, we cant tell you what sub to pick thats a choice for you.

What kind of vehicle?

Edited by bigrank916

I really don't see many people "over powering" it. There is no need to put that much power on the Xcon. As it stands right now, the Xcon needs no upgrades, it's that good. ;)

After reading your posts, it would be best to run the amp at 2ohms for now. It would be a far superior choice to split the power between drivers and increase their life span and lower the power compression.