bigrank916

Which clamp meter to get?

Im looking for a clamp style meter and ebay looks like the cheapest route. Im looking at a couple and would like some opinions on which would work best. Im looking for a true rms digital clamp meter. Immediately I plan on using it on my stereo's, mainly for AC voltage and current, but later for home repair with DC voltage and current. Its not a temporary buy as I want this to last awhile. I was also looking for the one that Jacob used in his testing but couldnt find it. He even posted a link where to buy the exact one. Of course Id like a fluke or a fieldpiece but they are too expensive and Im recently unemployed. Heres the ones im looking at now. The one thats catching my eye is the Mastech. What do you guys think? :popcorn:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-MS2108-6600-TRUE-RMS-AC-DC-CURRENT-Clamp-Meter-CATI_W0QQitemZ290347890566QQcmdZViewItemQQptZBI_Electrical_Equipment_Tools?hash=item439a153786

http://cgi.ebay.com/True-RMS-AC-DC-Clamp-Ammeter-Amp-Meter-Capacitor-Tester_W0QQitemZ370156729969QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item562f0f7671

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mastech-Auto-Range-True-RMS-Clamp-on-Meter-Multimeter_W0QQitemZ200400293509QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2ea8c9ce85

http://cgi.ebay.com/True-RMS-AC-DC-Clamp-Ammeter-DMM-Capacitor-Tester-HVAC_W0QQitemZ390110572116QQcategoryZ50961QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%252BC%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D10%26ps%3D63

Edited by bigrank916

The Mastech seems like a nice option, it has Max and Min hold. I was looking at one of those but couldn't justify spending $$ on it.

PM or email Jacob, he will surely answer. IIRC what he has is more expensive than the Mastech.

I like this one too but this is the max price I will go. Im not even sure if this one has the max and min memory feature. I kind of liked that.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fieldpiece-SC46-Clamp-On-Meter_W0QQitemZ360199044468QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item53dd893d74

Edited by bigrank916

I have been debating on buying that viot true rms meter or not. Its price is great and the specs on what it does are great too but I haven't found any reviews on it. I can only see that the seller's feedback is awesome. When I get spare money, I'll buy it to try it out against a fluke.

Well when you guys buy one dont forget to post a review so I can know which ones to get. Thanks

Fluke meter :)

i would say the 2ed one or the last one. I base this off the DC Amprage witch was 1000amps. In big systems like mine u need somthing to read all the amprage

Eff'em :P

We don't need dramatic accuracy :P

I get fluke products whenever I want .... FOR FREE :peepwall:

You might be able to find one off ebay for a decent price. Check it out.

I get fluke products whenever I want .... FOR FREE :peepwall:

You might be able to find one off ebay for a decent price. Check it out.

Well if you feel like making yourself some money...pick up one of those Fluke 337 models...and sell it to me!

I did check ebay and they were still pretty pricey.

I get to use them but then I have to send them back. They let me use their demos =)

I know lucky 76 likes fluke bc his pops woks for them, but they make sweet meters i myself have about 9k$ in fluke products in my tool box, but I need it for my job. That Triplett should be fine for you. cant wait to see how that works for you I wanted to get a cheapie for round the house

Edited by 144dbFiBl15

Well it arrived and Im stoked to check it out. Havent used it yet but this weekend it will get a good test run.

Triplett 9320 meter

You lucky SOB, wish I had one. Where did you get yours and for how much if you dont mind me asking since that is my next major tool to purchase.

Just tested it tonight and the voltage is spot on. I turned my voltage regulator down on my alt after seeing the crazy voltage on the oscope at the local shop. I turned it back up a day later cause the truck didnt seem to be running right. Guessed exactly right cause resting voltage is 12.5 volts and running voltage is 14.4 at batt and amp.

The meter works great and has a little red backlight as well. Works well on everything Ive tested so far. Inside the house and out. Works great for me!trink40.gif

Well it arrived and Im stoked to check it out. Havent used it yet but this weekend it will get a good test run.

Triplett 9320 meter

You lucky SOB, wish I had one. Where did you get yours and for how much if you dont mind me asking since that is my next major tool to purchase.

It was along time waiting. I looked for a long time before finally deciding to buy one. I got mine from homenetworksupply.com for about $108 shipped to my door.

Thanks for the link :drink40:

Looks like a nice meter. If I follow your posts correctly, it almost looks like it took a month from when you ordered it for it to arrive. . . was it really that long?

Looks like a nice meter. If I follow your posts correctly, it almost looks like it took a month from when you ordered it for it to arrive. . . was it really that long?

No, not really that long at all. I had a problem with customer service over the tax.

On the online form I misunderstood the tax info and checked that I was exempt. Turned out they had a warehouse in Cali and there needed to have tax applied. So they called to verify the added amount but I didnt get the message for like two weeks! My bad. Ship time was more like the usual 3-7 business days for ups ground.

Guest rikflaxman

How does the various products mentioned on the list compare, and which one can be said to be the best?