Sign in to follow this  
EFFENDI

TeamSSAudio.com OFFICIAL West Coast Meet Thread

we'll probably be there for a while. we're gonna eat too.

what time you got work and where do you work?

i get on at 8 and off at 1 dont worry ill at least show up! hehe.

you'll get to see my ghetto front stage. trust me its GHETTO. so dont make fun of me when you see it okay?

Uhmm, we are critics, making fun is part of the game

Im shure we can work something out and help you become un ghettofied

hehe its just that i had no time to glass, the crossovers are just lyin on the ground as well as the baffles. and wires are not hidden, its a big mess hehe. but at least it sounds nice :)

Well, after discussion with Elias, ha confirmed that some of you guys are getting hotel and staying overnight.

So, basically this is going to be a two-day event. Saturday will basically be the "Official" meet, and then Sunday we can spend most of the time tinkering and tweaking systems, diagnosing, etc. and what not. I have to work Sunday at 5PM so hopefully we can get most everyone taken care of by then. If not Elias will be available.

Anyway, between now and Saturday I have a good couple of hours to spend EQ-ing my system, so hopefully my system is all set to go so I can help the rest of your guys. I got the doorpods installed today (they arent bondo'd or covered yet, and probably won't beby Saturday) and as most of you know, I'm not one to brag, but I must say, its the best-sounding system I have ever heard. :D

Mike and i will probably be leaving early in the afternoon on sunday because he has work on monday

hmmm, I am really tempted to go. I'm gonna burn at least a half tank though going there and coming back, but what the hell, I'm sure it'll be worth it.

When are you gonna go up Dennis? Maybe we could caravan on up. lol.

definitely come Eric, it'll be fun

as much as I love you guys, you are actually only half the reason for me wantning to go. The thought of running into some nice cars that might want to play a little on the way is just tormenting me. What freeways do I TAKE TO GET THERe? (dam caps :Doh: ) I am drawing ablank right now. 405 to... or is it just 405 all the way? i have a feeling its 405 to 110. im gonna look it up.

my mapquest says 405N to the 605N to the I5N

that sounds abouut right. THat drives gonna be a biotch though. RIGHT THROUGH lLa

9fawkin caps agiain :Doh: I hate laptops.

In the FIRST post I linked to a Google Maps page, all you have to do is click "Get Directiions" enter your address, and voila, you know how to get there! If not, just PM me your starting point and I will give you directions.

Here is that link again: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=santa+clarit...,0.038996&hl=en

Just zoom out to find the best way there....

Eric, the 405 to the 605 to the 5 is your best bet. The 405 is usually pretty busy. I have a guy that lives in Huntington Beack that commutes up here during rush hour (5 PM) every day and it takes him about 2 hours driving on the 405 to the 5. Saturday afternoon, especially heading North will have much less traffic though, so its your call. It will probably take you less than an hour goint the 405>605>5 route though. That is, if you push your Bimmer hard enough ;)

as much as I love you guys, you are actually only half the reason for me wantning to go. The thought of running into some nice cars that might want to play a little on the way is just tormenting me. What freeways do I TAKE TO GET THERe? (dam caps :Doh: ) I am drawing ablank right now. 405 to... or is it just 405 all the way? i have a feeling its 405 to 110. im gonna look it up.

i would play with you some cept im currently slightly worried about my tranny

you'd probably kick my ass though

you fools aint never felt the powa of my I-4 140hp bishes! i got a 200 shot of NOS too.

whats wrong with the tranny? Too bad its acting up. It would've been fun to play a little. I'll bet it would pretty close at low speeds seeing as how you are probably geared more for lower speeds. Mine will still do 0-60 un der 6, but it really doesnt shine until 40+.

I'll bet you love that v8 power. :D I was sitting at an empty stop sign earilier tonight and deciided to turn off dsc, rev it up a littl and then drop the clutch. Those tires did not want to stop spinnin :lol2: I need to work on more controlled launches now that v8 will not let you cover up mistkaes like that.

Eric, have you considered stealthing/smoking your taillights?? It would look pretty nice, especially if you swapped some LED brake light bulbs in there instead of the stockers. (Unless, BMW uses proprietary bulbs??)

Eric, have you considered stealthing/smoking your taillights?? It would look pretty nice, especially if you swapped some LED brake light bulbs in there instead of the stockers. (Unless, BMW uses proprietary bulbs??)

smoking is a definite no go. IMO it looks incredibly tacky on bimmers. I am planning on getting the hella led teillights that came stock on the 01+ 5er's. They are very pricey though and I am going to pay off as much of this car as possible before I begin modding seriously. Though, with any luck, expect some noticeable changes ina month or so.

whats wrong with the tranny? Too bad its acting up. It would've been fun to play a little. I'll bet it would pretty close at low speeds seeing as how you are probably geared more for lower speeds. Mine will still do 0-60 un der 6, but it really doesnt shine until 40+.

I'll bet you love that v8 power. :D I was sitting at an empty stop sign earilier tonight and deciided to turn off dsc, rev it up a littl and then drop the clutch. Those tires did not want to stop spinnin :lol2: I need to work on more controlled launches now that v8 will not let you cover up mistkaes like that.

i dont know whats wrong with it, it really lags around 2k rpm and sometimes makes a clicking sound when its lagging

no, you'd kick my ass, i'll do 0-in maybe 7, if i didnt have stock gears then it would be a whole different story

grrr... stop making me remember how i dont have the money for a T56 conversion

smoking is a definite no go. IMO it looks incredibly tacky on bimmers. I am planning on getting the hella led teillights that came stock on the 01+ 5er's. They are very pricey though and I am going to pay off as much of this car as possible before I begin modding seriously. Though, with any luck, expect some noticeable changes ina month or so.

hmmm. well in your pic they look pretty dark, I think it looks pretty neat-o.

it would be sweet to see you guys gather some tools and some wood and get to building something as a collective, that is always the best