Sign in to follow this  
kike08

Fi Btl Popping

ok we hooked my friends BTL to a saz-3000 today and as we where playing different songs we heard it popping. is that because its too many watts for the sub?or is it just how its tuned. allso its at 1ohm what do you people recomend to leave it at 1ohm or up to 2ohms???

Dude...you're sending it 1000 watts more than it's rated.

I think your bottoming it out, on the back plate. How are your controls on your amp set?

Sounds like bottoming out, give us more information, box size.. etc

Sending it more watts than what it's rated shouldn't effect it to where it's 'popping'. Either it's bottoming out, or you need to ground your RCAs or get some new ones what deck

are you using. I had a popping sound on my AQs and found out the ground on my RCA output from my deck was lose.

Dude...you're sending it 1000 watts more than it's rated.

Lolz. There are people who run 4k+ rms with no problems. Its most likely that the box is too big, and it can't mechanically handle all 3000w

Playing below tuning frequency of the enclosure...with no subsonic filter on...or it is not set properly for the tuning of the enclosure...

Speakers are stupid..they do EXACTLY what you tell them to do.

Popping is a very, very general term. We need much more info like more specifically how it sounds, when does it happen, etc.

ok we hooked my friends BTL to a saz-3000 today and as we where playing different songs we heard it popping. is that because its too many watts for the sub?or is it just how its tuned. allso its at 1ohm what do you people recomend to leave it at 1ohm or up to 2ohms???

Since it is a dual 2 ohm subwoofer wire it at 1 ohms, and we need more info from you man. Either the box is the problem or your settings could be at fault or both, follow these settings so you wont mess up anything on that subwoofer:

Head Unit Settings

Bass Boost/Exend = Off

Loud/Loundness = Off

Sub Level: + whatever yours goes up to minus a few whatever your preference

Bass = 0 or lower, whatever your preference

Amp Settings

Gain = Set with DMM (with a 50Hz test tone and at subs rms or amps rms whichever is lower), no more than 50-60% if you dont have one.

LPF = 100Hz or lower whatever your preference

Bass Boost = Off

SSF = 1-5 Hz lower than box tuning, or until subs start to reach its excursion level.

allright i will answer everyones questions later on when he comes over so we can look at it again and ill have pictures up too

allright i will answer everyones questions later on when he comes over so we can look at it again and ill have pictures up too

i would bet turn up ssf.

or broken box.

i would bet turn up ssf.

or broken box.

You think it's unloading?

Sign in to follow this