sundownz

Sundown Z v.2 -- Cool new part preview

This part is a spacer / shorting ring / heat-sink for the Z v.2 model. These are made right down the street from us here in Troutman, NC at a family owned machine shop. Great guys down there... they also did our aluminum Nightshade v.1 pole plugs.

Just got these in... testing so far has not included them but they will be standard on production models.

A few pictures :

CIMG3068.JPG

CIMG3070.JPG

CIMG3071.JPG

Should I powder coat them or leave them raw aluminum color ?

Leave them! The raw aluminum looks industrial! clap.gif

Since I want some of these I would leave them uncoated so people can see the addition of new upgraded parts but I guess its hard to tell without a one fully put together. I think either way will be a hit, do you have an extra one you can powder coat so you can do a side by side comparison. Thankx Jacob your the man :woot: .

I like the aluminum color myself :)

Plus it's less work, not that you mind anyway. How is testing coming along?

Leave them! The raw aluminum looks industrial! clap.gif

X2 on that! Raw ftw!

I like it the way it is, but you could always make it an option for other people.

i would leave it as an option, so if somebody wants to have an inverted sub application, it will look a little better.

maybe a small extra charge for w/e color you want with *cough* matching dustcap Sundown logo *cough* would also be sick on these. and the rest of the woofer the classic sundown black. just throwing that out there

Color options is not in the cards... the powder coating shop is about 15 miles away. Can't really leave the shop each time someone orders a Z v.2 to custom coat them :)

It would either be all aluminum or all a certain color - like black.

Someone brought up a good point on SMD... the aluminum color matches the SAZ casing... black, silver, black.

I am going to find a good clear coating and go with that... just to keep the part from tarnishing.

The black motor / silver ring / black basket matches our amps :)

Someone brought up a good point on ***... the aluminum color matches the SAZ casing... black, silver, black.

Yea that sounds good!

personally that's what I would choose, love the look, just didn't know how easy it was for you to paint that stuff, I would agree, as that charge would probably have to be kind of obnoxious for the extra trips lol

We want pictures of the coil and spider :D

New spiders for Z v.2 series (optional dual leads available) + the coil (4-layer flat aluminum) :

CIMG3072.JPG

CIMG3073.JPG

Final coil will look about the same but will be slightly different.