sundownz

Sundown Z v.2 -- Cool new part preview

also interested in time frame and price point?

how would these do in 4.4cubes with 78in^2 port per sub tuned to like 43hz on a pair of xp1400ds per sub? that's my current setup... I'm thinking steller for power box I'm not quite sure as I've never used an SD sub....

oh yeah and how much do they weight? moving large 70lbs subs out of vertical baffles can be a pita LOL and also double baffles that're flush are easier to pull out if the woofers are lighter imo.

loving the 4 layer coil I think it'd be a perfect replacement for my AQ HD3s american ones with the 4 layer copper coils..

4.4 is a little large -- but they should still do fine.

If you are running the XP1400s @ 1 ohm each they should do well.

They are actually deceptively heavy... they are smaller physically than the NS v.1 overall but have more steel, so they weigh aboutt he same.

currently I run them in strapped pairs at 1ohm-.75ohm depending on the driver/load I have. they seem to like .35 per amp just fine LOL.. I could do double tinsels possibly, if it's available?

also I see 18"s in the line up with those would the boxes I have be too small for them on like 2500rms+ each? I figured its small for an 18" but if I'm running them with alot of power I'd like them to be under control mechanically so it may work is what I'm thinking. however not the optimal ground pounder size imo from my experience w/18"s most like at least 6-6.5 cubes... I know you can squeeze them into smaller just not sure how well it'd do for demo's/ground pounding. still well capable of hitting numbers in some cases more so than large boxes kinda vehicle app and power related imo. and I don't have the small spl hatch or power to need small boxes by my standards lol

man I hope to see a pair of these soon :)

As promised here are pictures of the triple joint ring (this is why I added 10mm of spacing with the shorting ring) :

CIMG3103.JPG

* The ridge part faces the winding... gets filled with glue.

CIMG3104.JPG

* Another view.

Made in Concord, NC from a very high temperature material... takes ~530 degrees to mold it and they tell me that unless I get it up to around 500 or so it won't deform from the formed shape.

Simple part... but should help alot with excessive abuse. I am planning to round the edge that touches the spider as well to keep it from sawing into the spider over time.

Shorting rings are clear powder coated as well -- can't really tell any difference except they feel smooth and look a little glossy :

CIMG3105.JPG

Was just wondering if there is an estimate on the price for the 18's in this series an can I go ahead an make a deposit

You will know as soon as Jacob gets these things done with testing he will post a presale for these with prices so just be patient, he said he wont have updates for close to 4 weeks from now.

Triple joint ring installed :

CIMG3131.JPG

Custom sub I am building for a customer... so I tried one out on there :)

It is glued with thick CA at the bottom @ the spiders, thin CA is filled in for the thickness of the ring between it and the former, then thick CA applied again on the coil winding side in the angled part on the back of the ring.

Gives alot of glue surface area and makes it VERY hard to break the rear joint.

Triple joint ring installed :

CIMG3131.JPG

Custom sub I am building for a customer... so I tried one out on there :)

It is glued with thick CA at the bottom @ the spiders, thin CA is filled in for the thickness of the ring between it and the former, then thick CA applied again on the coil winding side in the angled part on the back of the ring.

Gives alot of glue surface area and makes it VERY hard to break the rear joint.

T...U...F...F...Tuff.