sundownz

Sundown Z v.2 -- Cool new part preview

as a final product, the result in what changes from the nightshade v.1?

greater expression of low frequencies? subwoofer "softer"?

the coil is equal to the nightshade v1?

as a final product, the result in what changes from the nightshade v.1?

greater expression of low frequencies? subwoofer "softer"?

the coil is equal to the nightshade v1?

At an equal power -- example 1500 watts -- you will be louder by at least 1 dB compared to Nightshade v.1 model.

This coil is much lighter than v.1 model Nightshade but also has upgraded cooling features -- power handling is similar.

This is going to be one Kick A$$ subwoofer! Can't wait!

and how the frequency response?

unable to reproduce lower frequencies? 35hz-30hz...or have a response equal to nightshade, that works well from 38-40Hz to climb?

and how the frequency response?

unable to reproduce lower frequencies? 35hz-30hz...or have a response equal to nightshade, that works well from 38-40Hz to climb?

Technically FS will be lower even with light coil... as the suspension is much softer. So low frequency will be very strong.

This design changed alot from when I first posted the motor as "NS-X"

Do you have a estimated time when you think they should start production, when will a presale begin? Im trying to decide if I should get the current version of this subwoofer or wait till the 2nd version drops. Will the specs such as mounting depth, displacement and cut out hole be the same?Thankx.

Oh yeah since Im not to keen on speaker building, what will be the benefit of the dual tinsel leads?

Dual tinsel leads will drop less voltage... more useful power to the coil at high power levels.

Average user... no real benefit.

Motors are done... they are shipping to me now. We are building them to order here.

When will ordering start and what is starting price looking like?

the aluminum issue shouldnt be an issue. 9/10 times people have there woofers mouted in a box rather than backwards in there trunk or w/e. if so you could make it an option for an additional small fee or soemthing? dunno how that works. cant wait for the new woofer though.

also interested in time frame and price point?

how would these do in 4.4cubes with 78in^2 port per sub tuned to like 43hz on a pair of xp1400ds per sub? that's my current setup... I'm thinking steller for power box I'm not quite sure as I've never used an SD sub....

oh yeah and how much do they weight? moving large 70lbs subs out of vertical baffles can be a pita LOL and also double baffles that're flush are easier to pull out if the woofers are lighter imo.

loving the 4 layer coil I think it'd be a perfect replacement for my AQ HD3s american ones with the 4 layer copper coils..

looken good jake. when you gonna let me test a pair of them out id really love too. you know you want too :P

also interested in time frame and price point?

how would these do in 4.4cubes with 78in^2 port per sub tuned to like 43hz on a pair of xp1400ds per sub? that's my current setup... I'm thinking steller for power box I'm not quite sure as I've never used an SD sub....

oh yeah and how much do they weight? moving large 70lbs subs out of vertical baffles can be a pita LOL and also double baffles that're flush are easier to pull out if the woofers are lighter imo.

loving the 4 layer coil I think it'd be a perfect replacement for my AQ HD3s american ones with the 4 layer copper coils..

4.4 is a little large -- but they should still do fine.

If you are running the XP1400s @ 1 ohm each they should do well.

They are actually deceptively heavy... they are smaller physically than the NS v.1 overall but have more steel, so they weigh aboutt he same.

will these be available in 12s and 18s and what does pricing look like

Yah... 12s, 15s, and 18s... and then 10s later

will these be available in 12s and 18s and what does pricing look like

Yah... 12s, 15s, and 18s... and then 10s later

did you say 10's later?.... fing05.gif

would the subs be able to hold a american bass 500.1 on 14 v and when do you think the 18 will be available

would the subs be able to hold a american bass 500.1 on 14 v and when do you think the 18 will be available

I doubt one will hold a 5kw amp since this is his 1500 watt driver but the 18s should be avalible as soon as he releases the line