Sign in to follow this  
sundownz

New personal best with one woofer =)

great score jacob

what type of rcas are those that ur using in ur amps?

also i remember seeing u post ur headunit, would u mind posting up what model it was ? i would like to compare it to mine

was this the most recent score or was it higher?

My best is a 156.1 with the Nightshade v.2 model prototype now.

My RCAs are Esoteric Audio -- they are no longer available, I've had them for 4-5 years.

My HU is a very basic Sony unit :

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+Xplod+52W+x+4+Apple%26%23174%3B+iPod%26%23174%3B/Satellite+Radio/HD+Radio-Ready+CD+Deck/9448421.p?skuId=9448421&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=9448421&ref=06&loc=01&id=1218135740151

What is your best with the Nightshade v2 on music. Or the box is not tuned for that?

I don't do much music in the Jeep now -- as it breaks panels when I do. I broke my roof braces doing too much music demo and dropped 2 dB until I fixed it !

I have averaged 149.9 on bass-race with the Monster woofer -- which is not as loud as the NS v.2

Nice work.

A singe 15" Nightshade v.2 -- but correct on the amps... on 12v.

You can see here :

Nightshade v.2 -- New Personal best score ! - SSA Car Audio Forum

When you got time Jake

send me over the plans for that dual sa-8 box you made... need to know how you cut and placed the PVC pipe on it and the info on the port and box build... I'm gonna build one for our spring break comp and enter in the dual 8" class..

We got a TL so we will probably play around with the placement...

you got better results with the pvc pipe on the slot port or with aeroports ?

When you got time Jake

send me over the plans for that dual sa-8 box you made... need to know how you cut and placed the PVC pipe on it and the info on the port and box build... I'm gonna build one for our spring break comp and enter in the dual 8" class..

It's 1.75ft net volume with a single 6" aero port. Actual dimensions are something like 13.5" tall x 13.5" deep x 24" wide. I believe it'll do better with less volume though.

When you got time Jake

It's 1.75ft net volume with a single 6" aero port. Actual dimensions are something like 13.5" tall x 13.5" deep x 24" wide. I believe it'll do better with less volume though.

Aero port was external D ?

what was the length on the port (final tuning was ?)

Do you guys get better results with the slot port with the pvc on the port wall making like a last minute kerf (as pictured for the 15" NS enclosure) or did the aeroport yield better numbers... ?

tuning would change with different vehicles so his port length will probably be different than your port length

I have yet to make a box louder than the "Magic Box" for the single 15" woofer... aero, slot, or otherwise.

Aero port was external D ?

what was the length on the port (final tuning was ?)

Do you guys get better results with the slot port with the pvc on the port wall making like a last minute kerf (as pictured for the 15" NS enclosure) or did the aeroport yield better numbers... ?

For the sa-8s box yes the port was external. Best spl tuning will vary per vehicle.

Sign in to follow this