jcarter1885

jay-cee's Build Log

I hear you on the testing and reviewing. I am running a bunch of numbers at the minute to pick a new 10" midbass based on the volume of my door. smile.gif

I just purchased some Crescendo Audio CCX65 mids to test out against some Seleniums 6W4P to see what I like more, doing a alot of testing and product reviews before I buy some speakers for my front stage.

let us know what you think about them. The most ive heard as far as reviews is there good for $100 but dont expect any type of SQ monsters of some sort. I wanted to know how they compare to alpine type R's or X's

Edited by wutang512

Sundown SAX-125.2 ordered! :woot:. I really wanted the Jordan's that come out this weekend but since I bought a pair last weekend I can pass. Its a shame when car audio takes away from your other hobbies and lifestyle.

I know you meant to say it is a shame when your hobbies and lifestyle takes away from your car audio...

Sundown SAX-125.2 ordered! :woot:. I really wanted the Jordan's that come out this weekend but since I bought a pair last weekend I can pass. Its a shame when car audio takes away from your other hobbies and lifestyle.

I know you meant to say it is a shame when your hobbies and lifestyle takes away from your car audio...

Naw that is not what I meant to say :neil: , car audio is a passion of mine but there are other things I rather have then spending all my money on speakers, amps and etc. But it is fun so what can I say, just cant wait till I get closer to what I want.

let us know what you think about them. The most ive heard as far as reviews is there good for $100 but dont expect any type of SQ monsters of some sort. I wanted to know how they compare to alpine type R's or X's

No SQ over here so im not worried about that part, just been eyeing them lately so I said why not try them. Im just looking for something different I guess, this is a first time Im looking for midbass and loud vocal midrange from one speaker (usually hard to do). If I dont like these speakers then I will be going back to PA speakers.

I never heard the Type R's or X's so I wouldnt know how to compare them to Crescendo speakers, but on floridaspl they have great reviews so I will see if I agree.

Got some wire and a nice crimping toy until I step up to a hydraulic crimper. 2/0 welding wire and lugs for run from battery to distribution blocks for amps (power and ground). My 4/0 welding wire should be here by weeks end to do some Big 3 Wiring.

med_gallery_7913_319_43738.jpg

med_gallery_7913_319_5722.jpg

med_gallery_7913_319_278.jpg

:drink40:

I just got a new SAX-125.2 as well!

You got a lot of new toys that you are keeping a secret with over there, Im thinking about the SAX-200.4 already (that would be perfect, just one amp for mids and highs). :captain:

Come on bro, you know i want to hear what you think about the Selenium Vs. Crescendo.

Spill it.

You got a lot of new toys that you are keeping a secret with over there, Im thinking about the SAX-200.4 already (that would be perfect, just one amp for mids and highs). :captain:

That beast would be nuts on mids and highs!

Come on bro, you know i want to hear what you think about the Selenium Vs. Crescendo.

Spill it.

Im not great at reviews but Ill try to give one as best as possible, if I had to choose between the two then I would choose the Crescendo CCX65 Mids over the Selenium 6W4P's all day. Both pair of speakers were put on there recommended power levels and crossover ranges. The Crescendo's have a better midbass and that has to do with the frequency response being lower than the Selenium drivers. The midrange is about the same but the Selenium has an edge and has to do with it having a higher frequency cut off point than the Crescendo Mids but that is not that noticeable. When it comes to music the Crescendos seem to be more smooth and detailed instead of being made or designed for a few features like the Seleniums. The Depth is shawoller on the Crescendo, the driver's magnet is not as big among other things that were small factors that play into the review.

My for sale post should tell you which speaker I liked more since I selling the Seleniums and keeping the Crescendo mids so far, plus the Crescendo mids are much cheaper as well.

Thanks!

I was going to play around with the 8's and the 6's the other day, but I was sold a F/U crossover. Maybe this coming weekend I can experiment.

I did put the 8 in my door pods and just run them off the amp, they have a nice snap/punch to them and got loud. Going to need a good bit of EQ tho I imagine.

Did the Crescendo's get as loud as the Selenium?

Good to hear on the Crescendo's. If I dont like these Selenium, I will give them or the B&C's a go.

Yeah they get as loud just, but sound different. The Crescendo has the car audio speaker sound with some pa speaker sound involved while the Selenium just has the pa speaker sound. Thats the best way I can describe it, if you dealt with the two different kinds of speakers then you will know what im talking about.

Here is some 4/0 welding wire and lugs for you guys to look at, call me Mr. Overkill but preparing electrical for a big build in the near future. This wire will be for my Big 3 Ground wires: 1 run from engine block to chassis and 2 runs from battery to chassis.

med_gallery_7913_319_33422.jpg

med_gallery_7913_319_25554.jpg

med_gallery_7913_319_14133.jpg

How flexible is that welding wire?

Is it from Weldingsupply.com?

Yeah it is weldingsupply.com wire and to be 4/0 gauge wire it is rather flexible not the best but considering the size it bends where it needs to just takes more pressure.

Gurd Danm thats some hefty wire!!:D I see you eye ballin' the 200.4, Me too!!!:P

What I'm doing write now waitin for pics.

2nqeaex.gif

:woot:

Installing Sundown SAX-125.2 in a couple of days will have pictures of the amp after it is installed.

A little update for whats been happening and what I have planned for this week, I will finally have bass on Friday (11 months with no bass and Im back from the dark side). Recently I installed my Crescendo XST2 SuperTweeters under the dash until I can get some tweeters I can actually fit in my car somewhere, my Sundown SAX-125.2 is powering the supertweeters at the moment.

On to the news at hand, I purchased the Sundown SA-15 on Pre-Order and it wont be here for another 2-3 months so I have to wait on that :ohnoes9: . Well considering I just purchased an AudioPipe APSM1300 to check out and see what it can do (rated at 1000rms at 1 ohm) so well see. I just got in touch with my friend who I sold my Sundown Zv.1-15 (D4) to and talked him into selling me the sub and box I built for it back for $180. So I will pick that up on Friday :dancing:. Now I will have a Zv.1 and SA-15 each to play with until my big spring build.

Pictures are being uploaded now.

Mids Amp (Temporary):

med_gallery_7913_319_39176.jpg

Highs Amp:

med_gallery_7913_319_21950.jpg

med_gallery_7913_319_11618.jpg

med_gallery_7913_319_21062.jpg

Crescendo XST2 Driver Side/Under Dash:

med_gallery_7913_319_22303.jpg

Crescendo XST2 Passenger Side/Under Dash:

med_gallery_7913_319_12270.jpg

I started spray painting the box, the port will be black and the undercoat on the box will be black. I will either be using black stone or grey stone spray paint for the final coat just havent decided yet, more pictures will come soon. I finished filling the speaker hole with silicone and wood glue to make sure there is a permanent seal. I picked up some screws today to use to mount the subwoofer with, since its raining I will have to take a break on the box for the next couple of days (damn hurricanes :suicide-santa: ). Sub amp will get here tomorrow and I cant wait :woot:

Port

med_gallery_7913_319_46453.jpg

Box Half-Painted

med_gallery_7913_319_44435.jpg

med_gallery_7913_319_22677.jpg

Im thinking that I may just finish up the box with the black spray paint and get some spray bedliner or just get someone to do it for me. Well see what happens within the next few weeks.

Yes man you dont understand, no bass in 11 months and still looking at the end of the month before this is installed but well see. I want to replace my primary battery with a XS D3400 since it is in the trunk and dont want to have to unhook everything and take the box out to get to the battery.