jcarter1885

jay-cee's Build Log

Glad you got the Z back bro! Now you can give me that review of the APSM I was askin for (and have some bass as well). I admire your patience with this build, I lack in that department. I want what I want and I want it now, lol. Gets me into the "Damn, I wish I would have just waited" jam sometimes, but I ususally come out on top regardless. Keep the pics comin bro.

Glad you got the Z back bro! Now you can give me that review of the APSM I was askin for (and have some bass as well). I admire your patience with this build, I lack in that department. I want what I want and I want it now, lol. Gets me into the "Damn, I wish I would have just waited" jam sometimes, but I ususally come out on top regardless. Keep the pics comin bro.

I definitely am happy that I go the Z back as well, now i will start on a collection of 15" subs or just sell them. Im thinking of Xcon and Mayhem next to try out or the Crescendo's whenever they drop. It will at least be week or two before I get the review to you but it will be up soon. I just got the amp around an hour ago, the only things I dont like about it is that the settings are under the amp so it needs to be set correctly before you mount the amp. Plus the fan is underneath the amp but the mounting feet are dropped down almost .5" to make up for the space underneath the amp to allow for airflow. Now onto pictures of the amp itself.

AudioPipe APSM1300:

med_gallery_7913_319_22154.jpg

med_gallery_7913_319_37173.jpg

med_gallery_7913_319_3162.jpg

med_gallery_7913_319_2564.jpg

med_gallery_7913_319_74.jpg

med_gallery_7913_319_9119.jpg

Control Settings and Cooling on Bottom of amp:

med_gallery_7913_319_1380.jpg

I have also decided just to buy another can or two of black spray paint and just leave it black. Im gonna build another box, testing box for the Zv.1 15" and SA-15. Im thinking somewhere in neighborhood of 3.25ft^3 @ 32Hz with 45-48in^2 of port area.

Looking good brotha.

I would go buy a gallon of primer and have them tint it black and just roll it on. Much easier then a rattle can from my own experience.

Looking good brotha.

I would go buy a gallon of primer and have them tint it black and just roll it on. Much easier then a rattle can from my own experience.

Sounds like a good plan and I will do that with my next box. I need one more can of black gloss spray paint to finish the front and bottom baffles second coat then Im done.

Trying to decide if I want to buy a new headunit and battery before installing the sub, box and amp in the car. My current unit has two pre-outs and I want one with three pre-outs so I dont have to use a y-splitter but we will see. On tomorrow I will be picking up the Zv.1 15", if you want pictures go back to the beginning and you will see them since they sub doesnt look any different.

That is strange to have the amp settings like that. Keep up the good work.

Glad to see you getting some BASS back up there!!!

How do you like the Cresendos mounted in the center?

I agree that's new to my eye's :trippy:

Jay-Sizzle glad you got some beat comming now i won't feel bad everytime i talk to you about my beat lol

looking foward to see more stuff's!!! :popcorn:

Same thing I was thinking, Ill just have to find somewhere to do some changes while holding it. I will think of something but its a first for me as well.

Glad to see you getting some BASS back up there!!!

How do you like the Cresendos mounted in the center?

I like the how it sounds but I know that is cancellation somewhere between the mids and tweeters, the tweeters are too sensitive to be facing towards the mids so they drown them out. Its temporary and i can deal with it but within the next few weeks I will be taking care of that issue. But it sounds good and its still loud so im satisfied for now.

Box is finished being painted, sub should be here tomorrow.

med_gallery_7913_319_34007.jpg

Looks like a good box for some trunk testing!!

All that room down on the center console really gives me ideas. When I was testing speaker placement, the best sound was with the right side speakers both in the center console, made me want mount them there and say fuk everyone else in the car. just a thought.

Good luck.:captain:

med_gallery_7913_319_19552.jpg

On 300-400 watts after a couple of minutes:

med_gallery_7913_319_23808.jpg

Coming along nicely! Way further than mine atm. I have nothing for bump, just my singing and that is terrible. :peepwall:

Coming along nicely! Way further than mine atm. I have nothing for bump, just my singing and that is terrible. :peepwall:

Same. Looks like a solid setup!

Im gonna order another amp so this will probably be taken out in a few days, I didnt even mount the amp but I dont like how the knobs are on the underside of the amp or how the cooling is down there neither.

Sounds like it was a good day.

Yes it was a great day, I was drinking Hennessy Black all day yesterday and I went outside at 4pm while it was hot as balls outside. I sweat out all my alcohol just to get this installed, only took me like 20 minutes at teh most. I wasted gas yesterday and just rode around my city jamming, enjoying my tunes.

Major upgrades coming this way, for starters I sold the Sundown SAX-125.2 so that will be shipped within the next two days. I ordered a Boss Audio REV-665 amp on group buy so that should be hear by the October. My Oxygen O2 Audio 6.5" speakers will be here tomorrow so expect pictures and thats it for now :captain:

Picture of temporary mids till I get 8''s glassed into the doors: Oxygen Audio (O2) OM6-90

med_gallery_7913_319_37989.jpg

med_gallery_7913_319_14143.jpg

med_gallery_7913_319_9880.jpg

med_gallery_7913_319_27273.jpg

med_gallery_7913_319_26121.jpg

OH yummy!!! Some HD lookin' mids.:D Are those rings MDF? they look like Corian.

Naw I got them made out of Polyurethane plastic, since my doors leak and I didnt want to worry about moisture messing up the rings. I stepped my game up, no more mdf rings for me (plastic or none is my motto).