smullen

Sundown Amp Endcaps?

Jacob,

I was wondering if you/Sundown ever considered making endcaps to go on the ends of their amps to cover all the wiring, knobs, inputs, etc... Also a space or cap two go between two amps to make it look like one continous amp would be sweet...

So you would have

Endcap|Amp|Endacp

or

Endcap|Amp|Spacercap|Amp|Endcap

They look sweet the way they are, but I think this would really clean them up....

Thoughts?

that would be a cool idea. i have seen it before with other older amps and it looks pretty clean. although i don't remember the name of the older amp i seen it on lol!

I like them how they are personally. I dont like having to take off the endcap when I feel the need to adjust the settings. Especially if it is one of those allen heads! :angry2:

Jacob,

I was wondering if you/Sundown ever considered making endcaps to go on the ends of their amps to cover all the wiring, knobs, inputs, etc... Also a space or cap two go between two amps to make it look like one continous amp would be sweet...

So you would have

Endcap|Amp|Endacp

or

Endcap|Amp|Spacercap|Amp|Endcap

They look sweet the way they are, but I think this would really clean them up....

Thoughts?

Sounds....Nifty :)

I like them how they are personally. I dont like having to take off the endcap when I feel the need to adjust the settings. Especially if it is one of those allen heads! :angry2:

x2, plus it may interfere with the heatsinks and it would increase price a little bit (Im more worried about performance than bs for looks, even though Sundowns are the sexiest amps out there its just something about that all black with the silver look).

Im pretty sure Jacob thought about what could have gone on his amps and went with what worked best, just my .02.

every amp Ive had that I kept the end caps on the end caps always seemed to get broke and if they didnt they were in the way even on my Orion 2500D Ive got the endcaps but dont have them on but my old memphis amps if you didnt have the endcaps on they looked crappy but that was because of the amps design

x2, plus it may interfere with the heatsinks and it would increase price a little bit (Im more worried about performance than bs for looks,

I really doubt it... If anything it would help... + I do shows and I want my ish to look really nice... Even thought I can apprecieate the craftsmanship of a sweetly done MDF Enclosure, I want to take it to the next level and FINISH it... You don't have too , but you don't have to stop everyone else... Options... Their nice to have... smile.gif

even though Sundowns are the sexiest amps out there its just something about that all black with the silver look).

I can't argue that they are some sexy lookin amps... Wouldn't even try...

However, I'm not sure you understand what I'm talking about... The end caps would look just like the amp, and so would the spacer that would go between the two or three amps making the apearance of one really long jumbo amp... It would be cut from the same stock as the current chassis or cover...

Maybe I'll see if I can draw up something ( Not only do I suck at spelling, and quoting on this forum software but I suck at the drawing too)

Im pretty sure Jacob thought about what could have gone on his amps and went with what worked best, just my .02.

Why don't you let Jacob speak on it??? It'd be cool to hear what he has to say...

By me making a suggestion or asking for something, don't take that as me trying to dog on Sundown amps (perfomance or looks); I really dig'em them... Or, I would not be trying to spend a few grand on them, I'd stick with what I have...

If these were options that you could order, it would not cause the price to go up... So, not everyone would have to have them...

Just some thoughts, didn't mean to thow a pebble in anyones pond...

Edited by smullen

x2, plus it may interfere with the heatsinks and it would increase price a little bit (Im more worried about performance than bs for looks,

I really doubt it... If anything it would help... + I do shows and I want my ish to look really nice... Even thought I can apprecieate the craftsmanship of a sweetly done MDF Enclosure, I want to take it to the next level and FINISH it... You don't have too , but you don't have to stop everyone else... Options... Their nice to have... smile.gif

even though Sundowns are the sexiest amps out there its just something about that all black with the silver look).

However, I'm not sure you understand what I'm talking about... The end caps would look just like the amp, and so would the spacer that would go between the two or three amps making the apearance of one really long jumbo amp... It would be cut from the same stock as the current chassis or cover...

Maybe I'll see if I can draw up something ( Not only do I suck at spelling, and quoting on this forum software but I suck at the drawing too)

Why don't you let Jacob speak on it??? It'd be cool to hear what he has to say...

By me making a suggestion or asking for something, don't take that as me trying to dog on Sundown amps (perfomance or looks); I really dig'em them... Or, I would not be trying to spend a few grand on them, I'd stick with what I have...

If these were options that you could order, it would not cause the price to go up... So, not everyone would have to have them...

Stop getting so emotional and colorful, nobody spoke on Jacobs word (read the rules it says dont be upset on answers to a topic you create, people will have opinions and I find it hilarious all three of mine were examined and taking out of context and colored with Christmas Colors). Sorry for chimming in an hitting your sensitive button :peepwall: (I take all my commens back, jay-cee didnt say anything).

Stop getting so emotional and colorful, nobody spoke on Jacobs word (read the rules it says dont be upset on answers to a topic you create, people will have opinions and I find it hilarious all three of mine were examined and taking out of context and colored with Christmas Colors). Sorry for chimming in an hitting your sensitive button peepwall.gif (I take all my commens back, jay-cee didnt say anything).

I'm not emotional, maybe colorful... I'll admit those colors are horrible and I suck at the quoting as said above... Not sure how I took you out of context, I just replied on what you said... I did not change you meaning, unless I miss understood... I just replied on each point, with my opinion... Not much different than we all do, when we disagree...

As far as the colors... I'll try to fix them... I was trying to make it obvious, who said what.... I failed...

Also, I wasn't trying to single you out, I am lazy and suck at the quoting on this forum (i'm used to vbulliten) and your post had the most in it to reply too... Most of the others that differend all said the same thing....

and because of my hipower quoting skills (not) it was hard to tell that I was replying to someone else who objected to my idea, based on fear that the price of the amps would go up... Can't blame him, but if they were options, he would not have to get them... I'll try and fix those colors..

Edited by smullen

Your cool just wanted to mess with you, its not that big of a deal.

I did like the connection of the two amps in the middle piece idea, usually I just get a board and attach both of the amps on it and make my wires neat as possible and cover with wire cover for that pro look (but a cover over the middle would be nice). fing05.gif

I did like the connection of the two amps in the middle piece idea, usually I just get a board and attach both of the amps on it and make my wires neat as possible and cover with wire cover for that pro look (but a cover over the middle would be nice). fing05.gif

Here was my idea... If this image post works.... I hate Imagebam, I really need to get my own webspace again...

Top - Photo of a SAZ-2000 to compare

1 - SAZ-2000 with End Caps

2 - SAZ-2000s with Spacer and two Endcaps

(click on pic for a larger image)

6e4a1055706926.gif

Free Image Hosting by ImageBam.com

Edited by smullen

Here was my idea... If this image post works.... I hate Imagebam, I really need to get my own webspace again...

Top - Photo of a SAZ-2000 to compare

1 - SAZ-2000 with End Caps

2 - SAZ-2000s with Spacer and two Endcaps

(click on pic for a larger image)

6e4a1055706926.gif

Free Image Hosting by ImageBam.com

Still not feeling the end caps, but wouldnt mind having a connector piece for my 2 SAX-125.2's fing05.gif

interesting i like your little design! and maybe if the encaps are hollow in side making slight adjustments will not make the owner take of the cap! so ilke if the ends are open or some kind a flap!

but then agian i don't it iwll happen! but i never thought jacob would get rid of the 50.4 and nightshade v1!! or the sae1200v1 either! but hey who knows! lol!

I don't feel the need for endcaps, but i think connectors are a good thing

you still could use the connectors as an endcap

and since not everyone likes such endcaps, i think you should be able to buy em seperate

Audison does that

there is a local guy that uses old heatsinks to make connectors and end caps he will buy a blown amp and take the board out of it but i have been working on jacob for a while now to get extra cases when he gets amps and no such luck yet as they are kinda pricey

but keep on him who knows maybe he will make something someday

i think you should be able to buy em seperate

Thats what I have been saying.... Options!!!! :)

if your going to do it jacob Id make it optional make it to where it looks nice either with or without them

i would recommend snap in endcaps instead of screws..cant stand taking those on and off

maybe just lazy

i would recommend snap in endcaps instead of screws..cant stand taking those on and off

maybe just lazy

depends how they snap in the memphis endcap snaps always seemed to break if he used screws the people that decided not to use the caps could just put the screws into the case and cover the holes

In my opinion the simple answer is a snap in endcap that also uses 1 security torx (the torx screws with the nipple in the middle) This could be taken out to only use the snap for lazy people, or could be left in for not so lazy people who like their mounting screws covered by a large hunk of metal secured with an obsure screw that most people cannot turn. End caps are to clean up the looks of the install as well as secure the amp.

I think it would make them look tacky.

Finally someone who agrees with me, everyone else likes them.