Julian

Anyone heard of Power bastards?

Im looking at this 220 amp alternator with an overdrive pully, anyone messed with this company?

i called mechman and they wanted 499 for a 1995 chevy lumina 3.1l v6 alt but these guys at power bastards want 225 for the same thing.

anyone messed with them?

Really, you think its the same thing because they tell you that its rated for 220 amps? And at what rpm is that rated at? and what is idle rating? Their idle rpm is probably 1k rpm too. A well built high output alternator is expensive.

Call or email mechman or DC Power Alternator.

Never dealt with them, seems a little fishy that they are that cheap.

as "same thing" i meant rating for amps.

I will be contacting them tomorrow.

it was a question has anyone dealt with them?

x2 you get what you pay form, just because its cheaper doesnt mean its better. There are some things in life you take shortcuts on and the electrical of a car or home is not one. Just save up the money and get the one that will benefit you more and longer. Just my .02

I never said that cheaper was better. Sometimes that is the case.

i'm merely looking at my options, geting feedback about other companies.

Yep i bought the 220 Fitzal or something from them a good 6 months ago and had to send it back because there was no way of it fitting in my vehicle...absolutely terrible company...the guy was a completely :worthless: and i had to pay a restocking fee...

As said up top you get what you pay for

would not recommend them

i have never seen a cheaper is better for high output alternators unless it's only by a few bucks but 50% difference... no, don't go that route.

Cheaper alts have this to worry about over a well built one-

Is the output rating cold or hot?

What is the idle output?

What is the idle rpm rating at idle output?

How is the cooling system at peak output?

How long can is sustain maximum output?

What is the maximum alt rpms it can receive before failure?

What is the maximum output rpm rated at?

What is the voltage regulator set at if internally regulated?

Is it direct bolt on or is modification required?

Will it effect or is it controlled by the car's computer?

Do i need an overdrive pulley for proper idle output?

Did I lock the door today when I left to go to work?

Am I pregnant or did I eat too much today?

Once you know these answers, you can distinguish the good from the bad.

Shizz you the best.

thanks. i'll send them a email and see what they say.

thanks.

thanks to you mac.

Haha they said exactly what I said but my info was taking with a grain of salt. Not tripping glad you got the info you needed. :fatchicks:

Same rule applies to the above comments too. Just because something cost more does not make it better.

The law of business prohibits getting substantially more for less, but marketing hype and a good sales pitch can over inflate the value just the same. I almost never buy the most expensive, but I never ever never buy the cheapest.

I would be curious to hear a review of these. I am always down for a good deal. This one, well it seems too good of a deal to be true.

Same rule applies to the above comments too. Just because something cost more does not make it better.

The law of business prohibits getting substantially more for less, but marketing hype and a good sales pitch can over inflate the value just the same. I almost never buy the most expensive, but I never ever never buy the cheapest.

I would be curious to hear a review of these. I am always down for a good deal. This one, well it seems too good of a deal to be true.

That is true in some cases but I doubt this one. As shizzzon posted there are alot of variables that determine whether it's worth it or not.

It's like cheaper amps, They usually market the "Max" Power it puts out, when in reality it will never even be close to that in RMS. I say look into Iraggi, DC Power, or Mechman. Especially DC Power, I hear nothing but good reviews on their alts..

yeah they all want 599+ i think im just going to go with Exsessive amperage

this is what Mike from Power Bastards said

Is the output rating cold or hot?HotWhat is the idle output?110A+What is the idle rpm rating at idle output?We consider idle to be 650RPMHow is the cooling system at peak output?Great How long can is sustain maximum output?Depends on the vehicle (alternator mounted next to header?)What is the maximum alt rpms it can receive before failure?More than your engine can spinWhat is the maximum output rpm rated at?1200RPMWhat is the voltage regulator set at if internally regulated?14.6vIs it direct bolt on or is modification required?Direct bolt onWill it effect or is it controlled by the car's computer?Controlled exactly as the stock alternatorDo i need an overdrive pulley for proper idle output?Monthly special going on right now, free overdrive pulley already pre-installed on all alternators. 

i dont know quite what this means

(alternator mounted next to header?)

and actually i was looking at the wrong one 289 w/o shipping

Edited by Julian

i was looking at them for my car since its a odd car not to many aftermarket support for it but was looking for a high output alternator which is virtually impossible for my car 07 suzuki reno

i was looking at them for my car since its a odd car not to many aftermarket support for it but was looking for a high output alternator which is virtually impossible for my car 07 suzuki reno

as said before I personally would not go with them. Look around before making your decision, try contacting DC power

as said before I personally would not go with them. Look around before making your decision, try contacting DC power

yeah i was looking not much out there for my car i did see some iraggi H/O 200amp alts on ebay for my car but are gone now and prob would have been over kill for at i need. I left a post on this forum for a request on a alt from DC Power no reply back yet..

Is the output rating cold or hot?HotWhat is the idle output?110A+What is the idle rpm rating at idle output?We consider idle to be 650RPMHow is the cooling system at peak output?Great How long can is sustain maximum output?Depends on the vehicle (alternator mounted next to header?)What is the maximum alt rpms it can receive before failure?More than your engine can spinWhat is the maximum output rpm rated at?1200RPMWhat is the voltage regulator set at if internally regulated?14.6vIs it direct bolt on or is modification required?Direct bolt onWill it effect or is it controlled by the car's computer?Controlled exactly as the stock alternatorDo i need an overdrive pulley for proper idle output?Monthly special going on right now, free overdrive pulley already pre-installed on all alternators. 

I apologize for not replying in our section, but I saw this first.. We've been absolutely hammered busy this week..

There is so much wrong in what he said I can't even comprehend it... Max output at 1200? Really? FYI, 1200* 3.5 is 4200 alt RPMs, uh-huh, suuuuure.. Prove it! Think logically about it, a stock small case CS130D, 220 amps hot? That's at least 275-280 cold which happens to be just shy of 300% more output than stock? Not happening, not ever. Let me translate what he really means, 210 amps max, cold, and 30 or so amps at idle on a good day.. Im not singling PB out here, it's ANY and ALL manufacturers that think 100 amp small case Delco alternators are good for 220+ amps and claim their cooling is "great". Just dont do it, especially when there are better, cheaper options...

Just a direct comparison, we have a straight 200 amp CS/AD hybrid large case that will do 130 at idle hot, all day every day that is only $269 and is a direct bolt on, a 230/140 idle that is $329, and we can do a 250 that will do 140-150 at idle for $389..

Ohio generator is worth checking out!

I apologize for not replying in our section, but I saw this first.. We've been absolutely hammered busy this week..

There is so much wrong in what he said I can't even comprehend it... Max output at 1200? Really? FYI, 1200* 3.5 is 4200 alt RPMs, uh-huh, suuuuure.. Prove it! Think logically about it, a stock small case CS130D, 220 amps hot? That's at least 275-280 cold which happens to be just shy of 300% more output than stock? Not happening, not ever. Let me translate what he really means, 210 amps max, cold, and 30 or so amps at idle on a good day.. Im not singling PB out here, it's ANY and ALL manufacturers that think 100 amp small case Delco alternators are good for 220+ amps and claim their cooling is "great". Just dont do it, especially when there are better, cheaper options...

Just a direct comparison, we have a straight 200 amp CS/AD hybrid large case that will do 130 at idle hot, all day every day that is only $269 and is a direct bolt on, a 230/140 idle that is $329, and we can do a 250 that will do 140-150 at idle for $389..

^^ Here is your solution for an alt. Good specs, comparable price and Great company to boot!!

It means if you have your alternator mounted right next to your exhaust header where it will get hotter than heck it won't perform as well.