joselmartinez

Advice on my new ride

Hello everyone, I was quite out of the scenario for family reasons, but always checking what's new in SSA.

Recently I change my ride for an 06 Navigator ultimate, I keep most of the equipments of the town car like the audiocontrol LC7, the lanzar OPTIX10 crossover, the memphis ST1000D mono amp and the 2 subs Ascendant Audio Chaos 10". I'm interest in create an sq system with what I got now and add a few more things like component speakers, damping material, etc. also i was thinking in build a custom center console in the second row, that house the subs, cause i need all the cargo space for my job. Where i'm totally lost is in the eficiency of the subs in a small sealed box and if the amp will provide enough power for them.

so any ideas or sugestions on what can i do to achieve my goals?

if you ask what's the budget, $2,500.00.

thanks in advance.

Hello everyone, I was quite out of the scenario for family reasons, but always checking what's new in SSA.

Recently I change my ride for an 06 Navigator ultimate, I keep most of the equipments of the town car like the audiocontrol LC7, the lanzar OPTIX10 crossover, the memphis ST1000D mono amp and the 2 subs Ascendant Audio Chaos 10". I'm interest in create an sq system with what I got now and add a few more things like component speakers, damping material, etc. also i was thinking in build a custom center console in the second row, that house the subs, cause i need all the cargo space for my job. Where i'm totally lost is in the eficiency of the subs in a small sealed box and if the amp will provide enough power for them.

thanks in advance.

If by efficient, do you mean output? A sealed box is going to deliver the best sound quality. They recommend as low as .6 cuft. How small are you planning to make the enclosure?

The amp will power the drivers just fine. As long as the two drivers wire down to one ohm combined to get the most out of that amp.

thanks in advance.

If by efficient, do you mean output? A sealed box is going to deliver the best sound quality. They recommend as low as .6 cuft. How small are you planning to make the enclosure?

The amp will power the drivers just fine. As long as the two drivers wire down to one ohm combined to get the most out of that amp.

according to the space available 24w 13h 12d, for a combined 1.57cuft., now, I'm negotiating another memphis st1000d to power each woofer independently and thinking of build the box with separate chambers. my question is, in this case, should I try to go ported, and if that's possible do you think doing separate ported chambers will be good?, I think I forgot to mention that this is going to be a downfire box.

thanks in advance.

according to the space available 24w 13h 12d, for a combined 1.57cuft., now, I'm negotiating another memphis st1000d to power each woofer independently and thinking of build the box with separate chambers. my question is, in this case, should I try to go ported, and if that's possible do you think doing separate ported chambers will be good?, I think I forgot to mention that this is going to be a downfire box.

The 1.57ft3 will actually be 1.33ft3 after driver displacement and will be fine for both of them if you use a sealed enclosure. However if you want to go ported, you need almost 1 cuft per driver. According to your space available, you would only have room for one if you went ported. The lowest recommended size for a ported enclosure with two 10s is 1.8ft3. Downfiring and a common chamber enclosure will be fine also.

ok.....I was double checking the space available and I can go up to 28w 14h 13d, that's coming to a 2.204 cuft, without driver displacement, so for a ported dual 10", I think it's good. the thing is now the tune of a box like that. what do you sugest?.............also what do you think about the 2 memphis st1000d to power it up?.

ok.....I was double checking the space available and I can go up to 28w 14h 13d, that's coming to a 2.204 cuft, without driver displacement, so for a ported dual 10", I think it's good. the thing is now the tune of a box like that. what do you sugest?.............also what do you think about the 2 memphis st1000d to power it up?.

Actually you will still come up short with the ported enclosure. You are not accounting for port displacement either. That will take up quite a bit depending on how big the port is. So your new dimensions (2.204) minus the DD (.24) is 1.964cuft. Then subtract the PD.

You can use another of the same amp to power them independently but you never mentioned if they are dual 1 or 2. If they are dual 2 then you can wire them to 1ohm each and use one amp each. If they are dual 1, you can wire both together for a 1ohm load but you can only use one amp. Which do you have?

Edited by bigrank916

shared sealed chamber should do just fine.

did I miss something for the enclosure space? thought you had a navigator.

so on top of what you already have you are looking at a 2500 dollar budget?

if so, I would suggest a nice 4-channel amp, and a 2-channel amp paired with a processor to be the power behind a great 3-way active setup. if you want to stick with memphis amps you can, nothing wrong with them. If you want recommendations on other amps, then sundown is always a great choice. There are plenty of other choices out there, the alpine PDX are great for something with a small footprint. I also like audison amps.

what mounting locations are you looking at doing, and what size drivers do you have room for? this will help out with giving some speaker recommendations.

Actually you will still come up short with the ported enclosure. You are not accounting for port displacement either. That will take up quite a bit depending on how big the port is. So your new dimensions (2.204) minus the DD (.24) is 1.964cuft. Then subtract the PD.

You can use another of the same amp to power them independently but you never mentioned if they are dual 1 or 2. If they are dual 2 then you can wire them to 1ohm each and use one amp each. If they are dual 1, you can wire both together for a 1ohm load but you can only use one amp. Which do you have?

dual 1........that I didn't take in consideraton.......thanks for bring it up man!!!

shared sealed chamber should do just fine.

did I miss something for the enclosure space? thought you had a navigator.

so on top of what you already have you are looking at a 2500 dollar budget?

if so, I would suggest a nice 4-channel amp, and a 2-channel amp paired with a processor to be the power behind a great 3-way active setup. if you want to stick with memphis amps you can, nothing wrong with them. If you want recommendations on other amps, then sundown is always a great choice. There are plenty of other choices out there, the alpine PDX are great for something with a small footprint. I also like audison amps.

what mounting locations are you looking at doing, and what size drivers do you have room for? this will help out with giving some speaker recommendations.

The thing is this is my working vehicle, I'm a Limo Driver and use it to transport people all over the tristate area, and mostly airports, so I need all the space available for this, thas why I'm stuck with the memphis amps, 'cause of the size an they can be hidden behind the actual suboofer pannel, and the sub box downfire as a center console on the 2nd row. Now for the 4 channel amp and the sound processor this is another episode, I'm considering the RF 3sixty.2 for the OEM integration, for the front and rear speakers I was looking for the RE xxx components or the Lanzar OPTI6C Optidrive 700 Watt 6.5'' Component System, and the 4 channel amp...........well I have to take measurements of the available space after the Memphis and the 2nd battery install. but If you already have some ideas I'm open to them, bring them up.