b34tBoX

Wrong time to sell, or asking too much?

Hey guys, been trying for the last week to get rid of my current equipment to make room for new stuff.

I put some ads up, and not one person has been interested, not even any lowballers. lol

When I had two Hifonics amplifiers of comparable power for sale last spring I got literally flooded with demand, and I asked just about the same amount of money. Although they were unused.

Here's what's for sale.

Keep in mind I live in Canada. Not easy to get Fi up here, and Soundstream is not seen often.

$300 - 12" Fi BL - Dual 2, Cooling, Flatwind, Daily

$300 - Soundstream Tarantula TRX1500D

$200 - Soundstream Tarantula TRX2.550

Was thinking about knocking $50 off everything.

Let me know what else I should try. I even offered free shipping on the amps to anywhere in Ontario/Quebec.

Here's the ads anyways:

https://accounts.craigslist.org/post/shwpst?pii=1463465635&db=lv

https://accounts.craigslist.org/post/shwpst?pii=1463480727&db=lv

amp1.jpg

amp3.jpg

amp4.jpg

audio1.jpg

audio2.jpg

audio3.jpg

i think u might be asking a bit too much for the bl, im selling my 10 for 175 fully loaded. idk about the amps tho.

i think u might be asking a bit too much for the bl, im selling my 10 for 175 fully loaded. idk about the amps tho.

It's hard for me to wrap my head around that because after shipping and brokerage it was no less than $450US delivered.

But someone who comes across the ad may not realize those extra expenses involved in obtaining one, new.

i wasnt post dumping, my sub isnt even posted on here for sale. he asked if it was the wrong time to sell or if he was asking too much. i gave him my opinion and gave him an example.

It's hard for me to wrap my head around that because after shipping and brokerage it was no less than $450US delivered.

But someone who comes across the ad may not realize those extra expenses involved in obtaining one, new.

Well the sub, is going to be harder to sell since it's not mainstream.

yea but alot of people will only pay about half of what it retails for, which is dumb, but it is the truth.

exactly

You must read.

I am not selling them on SSA, but thanks for trying to point something out that is inapplicable to me, I really appreciate it.

in taking it easy's defense i think he was talking about me saying that i thought u were selling it a little high, its called post dumping, but thats not what i was trying to do.

Yeah, I never really thought of that. But it is true.

People don't want something they are unfamiliar with.

exactly, and especially in canada, im guessing there is even less people there that have heard of fi. im selling my sub on craigslist and nobody shoots me offers either, except to trade for sony explodes. people dont even want to listen to it, bc in their minds, if best buy doesnt sell it then it isnt worth the money.

exactly, and especially in canada, im guessing there is even less people there that have heard of fi. im selling my sub on craigslist and nobody shoots me offers either, except to trade for sony explodes. people dont even want to listen to it, bc in their minds, if best buy doesnt sell it then it isnt worth the money.

Im in Canada too, in my small city audio equip. holds absolutely no value. You would find alot more sucess in selling it online, you would be surprised how many people would want to buy that stuff from the US. You are going to lose money no matter, I get my stuff shipped to minnesota border, then pick it up, only 45 minute drive, but its 13% tax forthe equip. That you will never get back, ontop of lowering your price, I woulddo 275, then if anything depending on that, maybe lower to 250. Offer the dude some 12 gauge wire, show him a few vids, go over the parts of the sub compared to another "mainstream" company, and he might just buy it.

GL with the sale!

when ever i tell someone about FI, Sundown, SSA, DD or ect... i simply tell them to youtube them. people love youtube.

Edited by SynCity

Yeah try and post this equipment on here also. I posted my equipment on here and craigslist.com and had better look selling my mainstream stuff on craigslist.com while I noticed other people with nonmainstream things getting sold easily on this site.

Im trying to sell a Type-R and Im not even getting any hits through Craigslist. You might be better off trying out eBay. Im about to list it there just because im not going to get any more retarded offers.

One thing you gotta understand when it comes to car audio unless it is brand new and still in box it will be very hard to get what you want for it, I just sold 3 12" Kicker CVX's (less than 8 months old and bought brand new by me) for $250. I didnt want to go that low but hey at least I got me the sub I wanted out the equation with some extra duckies to spend.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the helpful information. I'm going to see what I can do.

I really want to order my new stuff ASAP! ;)

" Offer the dude some 12 gauge wire, show him a few vids, go over the parts of the sub compared to another "mainstream" company"

Totally agree.

Tell them to watch vids on youtube : when they see the number of vids, they will believe it's a good product.

Show them some crazy builds or the Fit website with its real cost.

etc...

It's marketing !!!

There is a canadian car audio forum too but I forgot what it was and guys on there know about the internet companies like Fi.

There is a canadian car audio forum too but I forgot what it was and guys on there know about the internet companies like Fi.

Oh right.

canadiancaraudio. com

Thanks!