Enellz

Running 3000D at .25

They used to be under warranty down to .5 ohm daily, so .67 is fine, pending you know what you're doing. You can trust him. :drink40:

Jacob can you input on this?

Regardless of what the impedance rise looks like... do not run the amplifier at 0.25 daily.

ONLY for burps.

Got to side with Jacob on this. I ran my 3000D's at a 1/2 ohm on music, but it was only for quick 10 to 15 second demo's. My new set-up will be wired at 1 ohm per 4500D (2 of them) and strapped lower, just for burps.

Im hoping he can just chime in here. Im not going to start my build process for at least another two months. Then again I could just wire it to 1.5 ohms parralel, but with the rise that'll be more likely at two ohms

Edited by Enellz

Just talked to Jacob thru email, gave me in answer in less than two minutes lol. Thanks everyone for you input

if you wire that low eric you wont hold fusing man, amp draws to much current at that load.

while were talking about ohm loads here, dont you want to run as many ohms as you can while still feeding at least the rms power into a sub. the more ohms the "harder" or "deeper" the sub performs. fill me in plz

while were talking about ohm loads here, dont you want to run as many ohms as you can while still feeding at least the rms power into a sub. the more ohms the "harder" or "deeper" the sub performs. fill me in plz

No. Impedance has nothing to do with "harder" (whatever that is) or "deeper."

No. Impedance has nothing to do with "harder" (whatever that is) or "deeper."

If you had an amp that had an rms of 1000watts at 1 ohm, 2 ohms, 4ohms then it wouldnt matter what you wired it to because those 1000watts are gonna sound the same across the board.

You need to just forget about impedance rise. I was just like you and though impedance rise made a difference. It does make a difference when playing single frequencies because you can measure the impedance rise at that frequency. When playing music, however, this cannot be done because you are constantly playing different frequencies. You can even drop below your nominal impedance! That is why you need to just throw that idea out.

Here is an article Jacob referred me to when I was talking to him about impedance rise.

Besides that, if you actually knew what happens to the internals of that amplifier when you need to increase the current draw. Not to mention that you will not see that great of a gain. Theoretically, each time you double the wattage you only increase by 3db. This is barely noticeable to most.

You need to just forget about impedance rise. I was just like you and though impedance rise made a difference. It does make a difference when playing single frequencies because you can measure the impedance rise at that frequency. When playing music, however, this cannot be done because you are constantly playing different frequencies. You can even drop below your nominal impedance! That is why you need to just throw that idea out.

Here is an article Jacob referred me to when I was talking to him about impedance rise.

Besides that, if you actually knew what happens to the internals of that amplifier when you need to increase the current draw. Not to mention that you will not see that great of a gain. Theoretically, each time you double the wattage you only increase by 3db. This is barely noticeable to most.

Thanks.

for the info

do not run your amp at ..25 daily but running it at .6667 it should be fine the pervious owner of my sundown 3000 ran it at .6667 for months and it is over a year old now and is still working fansatic