Dutchie.

I'm Having A Really Hard Time Deciding

Ok, so I already have two 12" Alpine Type R's. I am deciding that it is about time to finally upgrade the sound system.

These are the three plans I am coming up with:

1) Buy two more Type R's and another amp, and run four twelves.

2) Sell the R's and the amp and buy two more powerful 12's and a new amp.

3) Sell the R's and the amp and buy two 15's and a new amp.

This is all in a 1993 Range Rover LWB.

Ok, so I already have two 12" Alpine Type R's. I am deciding that it is about time to finally upgrade the sound system.

These are the three plans I am coming up with:

1) Buy two more Type R's and another amp, and run four twelves.

2) Sell the R's and the amp and buy two more powerful 12's and a new amp.

3) Sell the R's and the amp and buy two 15's and a new amp.

This is all in a 1993 Range Rover LWB.

We need more info like: Whats your budget? Why do you feel its time to upgrade?

Haha, thanks for the replies so far.

I forgot to add:

I want it for my pleasure to listen to, but also loud enough to make people regret riding with me. I want to feel the notes more so than hear them.

I feel it's time to upgrade because this system is just getting old and just not loud enough for me anymore, nor as musical as I would like.

I listen to mainly rap and reggae. Reggae the most often, but there are those days that I just feel the need to listen to some Jeezy, Gucci, or any Chopped & Screwed music.

The alpines arent going to get you what you want. How much is your budget? Have you looked into 18's? You said you want to feel it. Try those.

But really we need more info on what kind of electrical you have if you want to go big boy status.

two 18" BL's, and a 3000 watt amp....or some SSA Xcons, either is a more musical woofer, really depends on budget, you can put more power on Xcons or lvl4's or BTL's or something. need more info.

I think I understand what your goals are, the same as most, but what kind of budget are we working with?

2 15's and a good 3000D, Subs up/port back :drink40:

agree with this ^

Two 15's and a 4500D? peepwall.gif

Well my budget is upwards of $700-$800+ and I have been really looking at the xcon's because of how musical they are.

I have a 200amp Alternator and 1/0 grounds with an optima yellow in the front.

I really don't want to go as big as 18's. 15's are about the largest I would like.

This actually might be going into a volvo stationwagon, because the transmission just went on the Range Rover.

Edited by Dutchie.

The xcons are great woofers and so is the 3000d. This is however way above your price range. May I suggest just getting 2 of the icon 15s and running them off of an saz.2000? This is a little bit closer to your $$$ goal and you wouldn't have to do any more upgrades to your electrical.

Haha, thanks for the replies so far.

I forgot to add:

I want it for my pleasure to listen to, but also loud enough to make people regret riding with me. I want to feel the notes more so than hear them.

The xcons are great woofers and so is the 3000d. This is however way above your price range. May I suggest just getting 2 of the icon 15s and running them off of an saz.2000? This is a little bit closer to your $$$ goal and you wouldn't have to do any more upgrades to your electrical.

ICONs would be a major upgrade from what you have. XCONs will get the job done and then some. After hearing many type R set ups, I can say this, go with one of our products, you'll be amazed!

to stick with your price range, two SA-12's from Sundown and a 1500d would be great. would kick the shit out of the type R's, that's for sure. you never stated what amp you have/were using? I am guessing something that puts out ~800 watts. the SA-12's on same power as the type R's would already be louder, so also moving up into the ~1800 watt range would be a huge upgrade.

also, you need another battery. sorry but a single yellow top isn't shit. neither is a 200 amp alternator if it simply a re-spun OEM case, because then it is actually putting out less at idle than the stock alty. idle amperage is key. what kind of alty is it?

to stick with your price range, two SA-12's from Sundown and a 1500d would be great. would kick the shit out of the type R's, that's for sure. you never stated what amp you have/were using? I am guessing something that puts out ~800 watts. the SA-12's on same power as the type R's would already be louder, so also moving up into the ~1800 watt range would be a huge upgrade.

also, you need another battery. sorry but a single yellow top isn't shit. neither is a 200 amp alternator if it simply a re-spun OEM case, because then it is actually putting out less at idle than the stock alty. idle amperage is key. what kind of alty is it?

Shouldnt need another battery. I would wait until you get everything and then see what the voltage drops are like. The big 3 should take care of this issue though.

To be honest I am not quite sure what brand the alternator is, but since I'm probably getting the Volvo, I'll be getting a new alternator.

I'll also have to re-run the 1/0 big three.

And i have been eying the SSA Icon 15's.

EDIT: I guess i just missed those great deals on the z-15's, huh?

Edited by Dutchie.

Naw the sell is still going on for the Z15's, Jacob says he has a fair amount of them left (more D2's than D4's).

Naw the sell is still going on for the Z15's, Jacob says he has a fair amount of them left (more D2's than D4's).

Ah word. I'm gonna go check that out.

Yeah do that, I just bought one last week and cant wail to install it.