Sign in to follow this  
Don Ganso

BL options questions

Now, before anyone tells me to read about the options on the Fi site, I'm just letting everyone know I did that.

So know that I got that out there,

I'm putting a 15 BL in a '93 Saturn SW2 in 4.35cuft@32Hz, and I was wondering what options would be best for me? I will be using this setup for daily driving and I listen to ALL types of music. Right now, I would be feeding this thing 600 watts, but will definitely upgrade to 1000+ in the future. I'm thinking that I will get the cooling upgrade for sure, but I wasn't sure about the flatwind coils. The reason I say this is because I'll be using 8 gauge speaker wire and was wondering if that will fit in the normal coils without whittling it down some, (and I heard the flatwinds were a little louder, which is always good, although I don't want it to detract from SQ).

Thanks for any input, and let me know what other info you might need.

Oh, and BTW, the sub is going to be the 2 ohm model and I'll wire it down to 1 ohm.

all the flatwind coil does it help power handling.

it wont affect sq. it just allows the sub to take more.

and with the 8 guage your thinkin of terminals. thats what the wire goes into.

Edited by iputon326

if ur planning on upgrading to anything 1000 watts or more def get it fully loaded (all options) u will hear a difference and it will last much longer, as long as u use it correctly.

Definitely look into the BP option as well.

That option is not listed... I've heard of it though, but I think it might be standard with the BL? I know you can order it for the Qs...

Definitely look into the BP option as well.

That option is not listed... I've heard of it though, but I think it might be standard with the BL? I know you can order it for the Qs...

just order it fully loaded if you plan on putting over 1000 watts.

Gotcha. Sub ordered tomorrow... I hope. Going with fully loaded. Thanks you guys!

My 15 BL is fully loaded and I couldn't be more happier with it. It gets very loud with 1000 watts. It hits very tight bass on rock and will hit lows in bass cds with authority as well. My front door panels move quite some distance on the bass cds.

Gotcha. Sub ordered tomorrow... I hope. Going with fully loaded. Thanks you guys!

:fing34:

Sign in to follow this