Sencheezy

How much can 1 handle?

Hey,

I'm a noobie with the whole forum thing, and a novice with the whole audio things too, but I have learned a lot since the beginning of the summer. I have a 96' ford explorer 4dr. And my current box is ~6.7cu ft tuned at 32hz. I am powering it with a PA a3000bd at the moment, and it sounds great. But I plan on buying another one soon. And my question is do you guys think that it could handle 4600 watts rms @ 1 ohm? I know that 01 tahoe on 26's lol puts over 5k with his new build, and was putting over 4k with his old system and has been slamming his BTL's since day 1. I know it wont be 4600w exactly since I still have stock batt and alt. But lets assume thats taking care of along with 0gauge wiring and the big 3. I wont hook another amp until I build my new box which I plan on making 8cu ft still at 32hz. Also, if it can handle this much power, should I bridge the amps to one coil, or put each 1 on each coil? Any advice concerning this matter would be GREATLY appreciated!! I am also just a daily driver who loves the bass. I can almost do a full hair trick already with this current system.

Hey,

I'm a noobie with the whole forum thing, and a novice with the whole audio things too, but I have learned a lot since the beginning of the summer. I have a 96' ford explorer 4dr. And my current box is ~6.7cu ft tuned at 32hz. I am powering it with a PA a3000bd at the moment, and it sounds great. But I plan on buying another one soon. And my question is do you guys think that it could handle 4600 watts rms @ 1 ohm? I know that 01 tahoe on 26's lol puts over 5k with his new build, and was putting over 4k with his old system and has been slamming his BTL's since day 1. I know it wont be 4600w exactly since I still have stock batt and alt. But lets assume thats taking care of along with 0gauge wiring and the big 3. I wont hook another amp until I build my new box which I plan on making 8cu ft still at 32hz. Also, if it can handle this much power, should I bridge the amps to one coil, or put each 1 on each coil? Any advice concerning this matter would be GREATLY appreciated!! I am also just a daily driver who loves the bass. I can almost do a full hair trick already with this current system.

the big 3 and 0 guage wont be enough electrical by far.

i only have 1500 watts and my volts arent the best.

i think you need to worry about your electrical before you choose to do anything else.

Welcome .... :drink40:

I would advise reading the two links below. It will help you get your answers and will let us help you as well. Also the search function here is a great resource learn to use it. clap.gif

Welcome .... :drink40:

I would advise reading the two links below. It will help you get your answers and will let us help you as well. Also the search function here is a great resource learn to use it. clap.gif

http://www.soundsolu...ead-b4-posting/

http://www.soundsolu...ttention-noobs/

Thank you, I just read those two links. lol, I prob shouldnt have said im a newbie, well Im not completely lost, I just don't know if the sub would be able to handle that much power.

Hey,

the big 3 and 0 guage wont be enough electrical by far.

i only have 1500 watts and my volts arent the best.

i think you need to worry about your electrical before you choose to do anything else.

Yeah I know my volts are dropping really low. I plan on getting a 300a alt very soon. And a Kinetic batt. I'm just worried if I will abuse the sub or not?

Only way your going to abuse the sub is by "clipping" your amplifier by inadequate "electrical" and not setting your gains correctly. Definitely look at doing 2 runs of 1/0 power and ground if your going to be running that much power. The 300 amp alt will help but your going to be needing more than 1 extra battery.

like oldskool said the only way is if your electrical is bad or your gains arent set right.

it can mess your amp and sub up. if your electrical is good you have nothing to worry about.

Only way your going to abuse the sub is by "clipping" your amplifier by inadequate "electrical" and not setting your gains correctly. Definitely look at doing 2 runs of 1/0 power and ground if your going to be running that much power. The 300 amp alt will help but your going to be needing more than 1 extra battery.

Yeah that is what my car audio adviser told me. I think I am going to lower the gains asap because I don't want to do anything stupid to my baby lol. I only have stock alt and batt right now, and I have had this setup for about 3 months now and I can start to see the effect it is having on my electrical system. My voltage meter doesnt go back up as fast as it use to after a low note, and my car starts to almost shut off at stop lights. But what you are saying is that, once I complete my upgrade on my electrical system, I will be able to apply 4600w daily to it?

like oldskool said the only way is if your electrical is bad or your gains arent set right.

it can mess your amp and sub up. if your electrical is good you have nothing to worry about.

Alright cool. THANKS A LOT. I am going to trust you guys. Now how should I hook the amps up to the sub once everything is electrically upgraded and ready to be fully used? Should I strap the two on one voice coil, or put each amp on each coil?

Yeah that is what my car audio adviser told me. I think I am going to lower the gains asap because I don't want to do anything stupid to my baby lol. I only have stock alt and batt right now, and I have had this setup for about 3 months now and I can start to see the effect it is having on my electrical system. My voltage meter doesnt go back up as fast as it use to after a low note, and my car starts to almost shut off at stop lights. But what you are saying is that, once I complete my upgrade on my electrical system, I will be able to apply 4600w daily to it?

it just depends. the bigger the box is the lower the power handling is.

put 4600 to it and see if it takes it. if not back off the gains.

ohhhh, ok. I will do. I was kind of comparing myself with that guy with the 01 tahoe with 4 18s lol. It wont let me type his name in. But he has over 5k on each of his now with his new build. And had over 4k to them before that. So I was thinking if he could put that much on them for that long, than I should be ok. Right?

What ohm are your voice coils?

dual 1

ohhhh, ok. I will do. I was kind of comparing myself with that guy with the 01 tahoe with 4 18s lol. It wont let me type his name in. But he has over 5k on each of his now with his new build. And had over 4k to them before that. So I was thinking if he could put that much on them for that long, than I should be ok. Right?

no one can really tell you how much YOURS can take.

theres no set limit on what the sub can take. well besides rms but people put way more.

you just need to check it out for yourself.

theres no set limit on what the sub can take. well besides rms but people put way more.

Alright. I guess you do have a point there.

lol

I find it funny that Fi doesnt know there peak rating for there sub.

Well thank you very much for all your info. fing05.gif

If there is any additional things I should know please let me know lol. Thanks.

Strap your amps to 2 ohm!

But the amps are rated 2300w rms @ 1 ohm?

huh ohh, I think there is something I don't understand here huh? lol.

So your saying strap them to 2 ohm to 1 of the coils?

What will this do?

And how much watts would I get out of this setup?

lol

no problem man.

let us know what happens.

What will this do?

when you strap them its gona be 2 ohms.

each amp puts out 2300 at 1 ohm.

so 1 ohm plus 1 ohm is 2 ohms strapped.

What will this do?

when you strap them its gona be 2 ohms.

each amp puts out 2300 at 1 ohm.

so 1 ohm plus 1 ohm is 2 ohms strapped.

ohhhh, gotcha. :woot:

Thanks a lot bro. I appreciate that.

If you have any other suggestions or anything please let me know. Thanks again.

Wire your 1 ohm coils in series to achieve 2 ohms

they're rms rating for a btl is 2000, if you plan to put more on it is your choice..

about your electrical you have stock alternator whic probably pushes 60 -80 amps at max.

And i know the amp you currently run pulls more amps so if your electrical system has not failed yet i bet you it will soon

"if not"- is that after it blows? haha

lol

And what good would this "peak rating" do? If they told you it took 2000 RMS and 4000 peak, would you put 4000 RMS on it? That's double their recommended RMS, so how would that make sense? Peak ratings, other than a marketing ploy, are sometimes used as a burp number. As in they may handle it for two seconds. If you put that amount on them daily they'll fry in no time.

As for the 26k or whatever on four of them, that doesn't mean he's using all of the amplifier's power. He could only be using 8k and just be wasting the rest of the amps' capabilities.