Sign in to follow this  
wof131s

Setting Bass Boost and LPF Help

Ok, I Have the Pioneer AVH-P5000 HU, an AQ-2200 amp, and 2 Fi Q 15s that are in a 5.5 cu.ft ported enclosure after all displacement that is tuned to 35 Hz. The HU has a RAC output of 4 Volts so i match that voltage as close as possible (3.9V). I tuned my enclosure to 35Hz so my Subsonic level is set to 30Hz. I know that the gain is the most important setting to any amp, followed by the Subsonic filter if you have a ported enclosure. Now am trying to find out how to set my Bass Boost and Low Pass Filter. I looked through the forum found info on the Gain and Subsonic filter but couldnt find anything on the BB or LPF. Are they just set by ear or do they have parameters. Can you guys help me please or send me to a link with the info.? Thanks in advance.

set your lpf between 60 and 80 hz.

bass boost is not recommended to use.

x2, set your lpf to your preference between those hz listed above and dont use bass boost just extra stree on he woofers and it centers the bass around that 45HZ frequency they are usually set at.

Ok, thanks. I am still taking opinions on the asked topic, but would 5.5 cu.ft be ok or should i just go sealed? Am wanting the Low bass more than anything, but still want to hit decent Highs. Thanks

Am I ok with these parameters??

If I were you I would drop the SSF down to around 25 maybe even 20. But ZERO bass boost, and you LPF around 55hz or 60hz

I would try 6 cubes after all displacements, even still 3 cubes per woofer seems a little small to me.

Yeah that size is ok, I think if you dont like your box how it is now then to rebuild to 30-33hz and make it a little bit bigger if you can.

OK thanks for all the input guys.

Sign in to follow this