pat656

FI BL12

So i took everyones advice and ordered an Fi BL12 instead of 15 and i put it in the other day

now my question is why isnt it as loud and punchy as my old Rockford P1 12" (at like 150W RMS)

I put a Fusion d3000 on it (which is 1500W RMS at 1 ohm) and tuned it (and then tuned it some more) and i cannot get this speaker to hit like my old ones

On rap and stuff like that its decent, but on stuff like Disturbed and Slipknot its horrible and like its not even there

I already checked the wiring and tuned it a lot and still cannot get it to hit hard

and it has enough power bc i just installed a second battery

whats wrong?

what kind of enclosure is it in????? if you say the same as the rockfords well, that's your problem...... most likely its not hitting the higher notes because the enclosure is improperly tuned........ what's the size and tuning of the enclosure???

also what's your LPF set to... it may be set too low.... or you could have an air leak where the mounting surface is.... there's alot of good reasons for what you're experiencing....

Edited by Alton

It's in a ported 20x20x15 box...upfiring with port on the front

hmm..... what is it tuned to? just on initial figures the box seems like it may be a bit small too.... is it the same one the Rockford was in?

whats it tuned to?

x2 and what is the measurement of the port? Is you sub a dual 2ohm wired like this:

1_2ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif.

And where are the low pass filter and subsonic filter (if it has one) set at?

sorry i got busy with school and forgot to respond

ill take pictures of the amp settings and some video tomorrow

its weird bc its just like the sub isnt getting the right signal, b/c its not moving a lot (with certain music) and with others its hits EXTREMELY hard, like window shaking, yet it still seems like it should be louder (from some videos ive seen)

anyways hopefully more info tomorrow

whats it tuned to?

x2 and what is the measurement of the port? Is you sub a dual 2ohm wired like this:

1_2ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif.

oh and it is wired like that

the port is a strange design and looks small (hard to explain) but sounds amazing with the right music

You described it as having a small looking port. Hearing this I'm guessing you bought a pre-fab box? If so, there's your problem :D

whats it tuned to?

1_2ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif.

oh and it is wired like that

the port is a strange design and looks small (hard to explain) but sounds amazing with the right music

so you dont know what its tuned to?

does it play better on the lows or highs?

You described it as having a small looking port. Hearing this I'm guessing you bought a pre-fab box? If so, there's your problem :D

nope made it myself, got the design from a friend who builds them a lot

its better on mids to lows, but not 'high' bass notes

nope made it myself, got the design from a friend who builds them a lot

its better on mids to lows, but not 'high' bass notes

well the box is probably tuned lower if its not picking up the highs.

that could be your problem.