shizzzon

Audiopipe 3000w vs Powerbass 3000w vs Sundown 3000w

Unfortunately, the sundown 3000w install was whack because the head unit's preouts were going crazy so the amp couldnt be turned up high enough for an accurate comparison.

I will post spec of the amp anyway but shouldnt be compared 100% accurately because the volume level wasn't the same as the other 2.

Sundown 3000d-

Voltage - 11.8v

Current Pull - 122A

Wattage pull - 1440w

Voltage Out - 18.6v

Current Out - 64.6A

Wattage Out - 1202w

Actual Resistance - 3.47 Ohms

Efficiency - 83.5%

(Test not fair)

Powerbass 3000D-

Voltage - 12.15v

Current Pull - 119A

Wattage Pull - 1446w

Voltage Out - 62v

Current Out - 19.7A

Wattage Out - 1221w

Actual Resistance - 3.15 Ohms

Efficiency - 84.4%

Audiopipe AP30001D-

Voltage - 11.8v

Current Pull - 170A

Wattage Pull - 2006w

Voltage Out - 92v

Current Out - 18.5A

Wattage Out - 1702w

Actual Resistance - 4.97 Ohms

Efficiency - 84.8%

Notice how the Audiopipe is more efficient than the powerbass with less voltage, does more power at a higher ohm load and is cheaper.

Damn nice comparison..... sucks that screwed up on the Sundown though....... is that AP really mono? every time I find specs on them I cant decipher the stupid information, always sounds like it's 2 channel... anyways, nice work man!

its a 2 channel bridged amp. two 1500d amps inside it. I don't understand how hard it is to flip the amp over and get the actual wiring diagram for the amp on the back of it. I'll post up a picture of it.

it is a 2 channel class d amp.

1500w x 2 at 1 ohm on each channel or 3000w @ 2 ohms bridged.

good comparison since these are some of the more well known (common) 3k watt amps

its a 2 channel bridged amp. two 1500d amps inside it. I don't understand how hard it is to flip the amp over and get the actual wiring diagram for the amp on the back of it. I'll post up a picture of it.

thanks guys.... every time I decide to look this thing up the online dealers can't get the info straight for nothin'...... it looks good but I still think I'm going to go with a SAZ 2000 or 3000 for my Q's, but this comparison sure does show that the cheaper products aren't doing bad in their own right....

Thank you very much for these informations.

We must remember power is important, but reliability too!

I am not saying AP and others are not good!

Hehe, I know someone with an audiopipe 3000 that switched the power and ground twice and it didn't die. The same amp was ran for 5 months. It was only screwed down to the floor once for a competition with one screw. During a testing day, the amp was just placed on the top of the box for burps with a notepad between the amp and the top of the box. Reliability...

is the powerbass a 2ch bridged also? does it do its power at 1 ohm or 2?

if its a true mono that does its rated power at 1 ohm then that would be a good reason why the audiopipe does more at a higher ohm load.

powerbass is dual channel but internally bridged so actually just single channel.

While it is true that the audiopipe does it's max at 2ohms rather than 1 ohm, u must also consider this-

When we tested these 3 amps, the sundown AND powerbass had a nominal 1 ohm load(0.8DCR).

The audiopipe had a nominal 2 ohm load(1.6ohms). so the test is fair between those 2 amps.

I have seen that the higher amounts of power a sub is given(as long as it's not into power compression or excessive heat build up), the lower the impedance rise is.

So by saying that, it's not uncommon to use a 2kw amp and have a rise from 0.7 to 2.3 ohms then turn right around and hookup a 4kw amp and rise from 0.7 to 1.8ohms...

the AP amp what was the rating at 2ohms?

3000 watts. Man, give me 15 mins. I am going to take a picture and post it. I keep forgetting.

Not stealing your thread...

but...

I'll add some extra data from My old test from last year or whenever...

Amp_____________V*A produced______V*A Consumed__Output_______Input__________eff____Calculated ohm

Sundown SAZ3000D_77.0v 31.0A____ 13.10v 219.5A_ 2387_________2875___________83%____2.48ohm

Massive P-3000D____91.0v 37.8A____ 12.00v 360.0A_3440_________4320___________79.6%___2.41ohm

And the sundown wired down to lower ohms... .8 resting

Sundown SAZ3000D_72.0v 48.0A____ 12.40v 378.0A_3456_________4687___________73.7%____1.5ohm

***the p3000 should have been tested at this ohm... I run mine daily at a 1 ohm load.. I may test them later..

The P3000 uses the same board but has different componets/build than the audiopipe.. looks close to the same kind of numbers..

Unfortunately, the sundown 3000w install was whack because the head unit's preouts were going crazy so the amp couldnt be turned up high enough for an accurate comparison.

I will post spec of the amp anyway but shouldnt be compared 100% accurately because the volume level wasn't the same as the other 2.

Sundown 3000d-

Voltage - 11.8v

Current Pull - 122A

Wattage pull - 1440w

Voltage Out - 18.6v

Current Out - 64.6A

Wattage Out - 1202w

Efficiency - 83.5%

(Test not fair)

Powerbass 3000D-

Voltage - 12.15v

Current Pull - 119A

Wattage Pull - 1446w

Voltage Out - 62v

Current Out - 19.7A

Wattage Out - 1221w

Efficiency - 84.4%

Audiopipe AP30001D-

Voltage - 11.8v

Current Pull - 170A

Wattage Pull - 2006w

Voltage Out - 92v

Current Out - 18.5A

Wattage Out - 1702w

Efficiency - 84.8%

Notice how the Audiopipe is more efficient than the powerbass with less voltage, does more power at a higher ohm load and is cheaper.

awesome would have liked to see a hifonics in the mix, since they are over rated and alot of people use them here.

My Preouts on my HU unit sucks, even with a new ground so testing the Sundown wasnt very informative at all, Even after I redid the grounds. I'll redo them again today and see if it still happens. No more Pioneers for me

Edited by Enellz

Sundown 3000d-

Voltage - 11.8v

Current Pull - 122A

Wattage pull - 1440w

Voltage Out - 18.6v

Current Out - 64.6A

Wattage Out - 1202w

Efficiency - 83.5%

(Test not fair)

Powerbass 3000D-

Voltage - 12.15v

Current Pull - 119A

Wattage Pull - 1446w

Voltage Out - 62v

Current Out - 19.7A

Wattage Out - 1221w

Efficiency - 84.4%

Audiopipe AP30001D-

Voltage - 11.8v

Current Pull - 170A

Wattage Pull - 2006w

Voltage Out - 92v

Current Out - 18.5A

Wattage Out - 1702w

Efficiency - 84.8%

awesome would have liked to see a hifonics in the mix, since they are over rated and alot of people use them here.

I hope not, maybe thinking of another forum, unless you are thinking of the re-badged ones.

I got a friend with a hifonics Bxi1608 amp. I'll try to get that to a meet up to get it tested.

we were talkin about testin an AQ3500D and postin it up here but the way how mine are mounted.. it's tricky to get any readings off of it. If i do get a test off of it, i'll sure post it up here.

we were talkin about testin an AQ3500D and postin it up here but the way how mine are mounted.. it's tricky to get any readings off of it. If i do get a test off of it, i'll sure post it up here.

Is it also tricky to take it out of its mounting location? Im thinking just take it out your car and measure it in someone else's.

He has two batteries mounted on a layer above the amps. It would be hard to even try to steal them lol.

Oh ok, well nevermind.

sean, your aq 3500 vs my sundown 3500

:)

Once I get my electrical set we can do a direct swap in my truck since it would be easier to get to

nope, can't get my amp out of the car... Besides if i could easily, i could meter it easily.

That amp comparison test was already done anyway a while back. I don't know efficiency outcome but i do know the Sundown put out more power which i knew it would anyways.