powder coated Eclipse basket but totally different motor structure

HC type motor perhaps?

pjava script:emoticon(':banhim:')

HC type motor perhaps?

are you on crack ;) ?

NG

i have no idea

thats the only one i could think of with such a square motor like that

"solid titanium"....pfffftttttt.........yeah right? Sounds like a load, the whole thing, especially the 164db with 1100watts......

Maybe he had a " super" enclosure for it

I would NEVER bid on that.... read some of the answers to the questions...

LOL the answer to the 3rd question definitely proves his idiocy

yes that majical enclosure which defys principles of physics...

funny how everything seems to be a so called "LMT knockoff"....

do you have any idea how long that concept has been around?

It will run at 2,4,or 6 ohms all according to how you wire it.
It has a dual 2-ohm voice coil.

You have to be one skilled mofo to wire a D2 sub into a 6ohm load........

I am confused as to what that beast is

Nothing except the basket resembles the proto LM woofer. That woofer has a foam surround and the proto uses a VERY THICK rubber surround. Also, the motor structure doesn't look anything like the protos either. No screws are visible like the one in the auction. Also, the protos use a quadruple stack of magnets, not triple. Refer to the LM Technology white paper for the quad magnet illustration.

Ask SDP and he'll give you an answer of what this contraption is.

XBL^2 > LMT...call me an RE/Adire/old Ascendant Whore...truth is, LMT has benefits but it has a lot of developing before it can compeat with something as renound as XBL^2. and LMT is been around for a while, long before i was intrested in car audio (which isnt that long compared to some) Word Has it that because of the extra mass and inductance it takes quite the power to get the thing moving to be loud, not the XBL is efficent, but 4kw to compeat with todays prominent XBL drivers at their RMS.

Either way that thing, "LMT" knock off or not, is a POS.

the soundsplinter LMT RL-s will probably carry a below 1kw rms from my understanding

XBL^2 > LMT...call me an RE/Adire/old Ascendant Whore...truth is, LMT has benefits but it has a lot of developing before it can compeat with something as renound as XBL^2. and LMT is been around for a while, long before i was intrested in car audio (which isnt that long compared to some) Word Has it that because of the extra mass and inductance it takes quite the power to get the thing moving to be loud, not the XBL is efficent, but 4kw to compeat with todays prominent XBL drivers at their RMS.

Either way that thing, "LMT" knock off or not, is a POS.

have u heard an LMT enabled driver? have u heard one side by side an xbl^2 enabled driver? if not how can u say that xbl owns LMT? and until u do, i don't think u should make the comparision.

i haven't heard an LMT driver yet, but i've owned an xbl driver.(re xxx) and IMO, it wasn't all that. while a great driver, it, IMHO, doesn't deserve all the hype it gets. and i'm not the only person who's stated that certain xbl drivers don't achieve what they say, especially in sealed applications.

sorry about the rant, but with LMT just coming to the public and such a limited few owning/listening to it and giving it rave reviews, i don't see how xbl>LMT is possible...at least not yet.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

If you say that an xbl^2 enabled woofer isn't "all that it cracked up to be" then you posess the kind of ears that like a certain amount of THD...along with subtle peaks...xbl virtually eliminates that...to some people it sounds very 'dry'...it is pretty just a fact of life that every user's "taste" is different - there is nothing a manufacture can do about that :)

This concept that LMT uses has been around since the late 1970's...iirc...

It does have some issues (inductance)...and the fact that it's very hard to get the motor Q's down..and within a manageable margin...

Think what ya want...i'm still dead set on the little known fact that a high excursion woofer with an aluminum cone is gonna buckle/snap/be prone to failure once sold to the general public (you know how people can tear chit up...you say it is unbreakable, they'll find a way to break it)

my 2 cents..

If you say that an xbl^2 enabled woofer isn't "all that it cracked up to be" then you posess the kind of ears that like a certain amount of THD...along with subtle peaks...xbl virtually eliminates that...to some people it sounds very 'dry'...it is pretty just a fact of life that every user's "taste" is different - there is nothing a manufacture can do about that :)

This concept that LMT uses has been around since the late 1970's...iirc...

It does have some issues (inductance)...and the fact that it's very hard to get the motor Q's down..and within a manageable margin...

Think what ya want...i'm still dead set on the little known fact that a high excursion woofer with an aluminum cone is gonna buckle/snap/be prone to failure once sold to the general public (you know how people can tear chit up...you say it is unbreakable, they'll find a way to break it)

my 2 cents..

i think that xbl^2 is a great technology, but it has it's issues has well. but ur correct on the sq part. that is simply going to be up to each and everyone's own taste.

my main problemn with cb's post was the "xbl>LMT"...i was just curious has to how he would know. i'm not trying to dog xbl...but i do think the re xxx is overly hyped.

as to ppl tearing chit up, well, it's kinda hard to argue with that...lol

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i said XBL>LMT BECAUSE it hasnt been developed yet, wether ive heard it or not a the downfalls, at the moment, out weight the benefits hwen looking at the numbers. all of the XBL haters started ranting when LMT was announced for the millionth time that the LMT motor responce chart was like a ruler as far as excursion x frequincy goes and XBL was just an improvment over overhung.

thing is this was a driver vs just a motor free air.

either way inductance and super high Q isnt a good thing. and im just going by what i have read, personal opinuions mixed with their fantasy world facts and write ups on it. and the common sence of how it works, you elongate the coil to make a longer feild you will, inturn, increase inductace.

i said XBL>LMT BECAUSE it hasnt been developed yet, wether ive heard it or not a the downfalls, at the moment, out weight the benefits hwen looking at the numbers. all of the XBL haters started ranting when LMT was announced for the millionth time that the LMT motor responce chart was like a ruler as far as excursion x frequincy goes and XBL was just an improvment over overhung.

thing is this was a driver vs just a motor free air.

either way inductance and super high Q isnt a good thing. and im just going by what i have read, personal opinuions mixed with their fantasy world facts and write ups on it. and the common sence of how it works, you elongate the coil to make a longer feild you will, inturn, increase inductace.

ok..on paper is one thing, in real world apps is another. there are just too many varibles to say the xbl>LMT when LMT is just a proto. when after it is readily available and shortcomings are known, then possibly i could see the statement xbl>LMT. yet on the flipside, those with LMT proto drivers say they kick the hell outa xbl drivers. so one could say that LMT > xbl based upon real world reviews of prototypes.

i'm not arguing about what the technology incorperates or is, i'm just stating that one can't say xbl> LMT until they get ran side by side...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

my main problemn with cb's post was the "xbl>LMT"...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Well, you have to learn that about CB...he's not EXPERIENCED. He takes what he hears and RUNS with it...he's also 15 ;)

NG