Sign in to follow this  
spbfitz

What is everyones fav spl head unit?

please don't use spl headunit.. someone else did that not too long ago and didnt make any sense.

h/u is a h/u! lol! well kind a. i never heard of a h/u designed specifically for spl! but i could be wrong!

well, as for a good SQ and overall good HU i would go with the Eclipse 7200 MKII (only complaint is the complexity!! But then again, that's what makes it so good! all the tuning options!)

as for a cool HU with lots of curb appeal that doesn't suffer too much SQ... Kenwood KVT-514

Yea people usually look for a H/U that has good RCA pre outs. Good call on the eclipse... they usually make around 8 volts on their pre outs. Which then you don't need a line driver usually. Also look at the EQ that you get with the deck.

However if I had the money, I would go for a denon with burr brown 24 bit D/A converter so sexy and so clean. Professional.

I kind of thought they were all the same - you get what you pay for, so, the most expensive one? I had a 7" flip-out touch-screen ($1000) that was stolen along with my sunfire. It was ghetto fab haha.